2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

Chene_Mostert wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 18:20
ismail1991 wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 18:16
LionKing wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 18:03

Can you tell me which races those are?
2016 Azebeijan comes to my mind now. In addition, at monaco Ferrari swapped them in the pits.
well, if you would stop lying to your self you will find that at Monaco, Kimmi at no point could match the lap times of Seb before or after the pit stops, so actually nothing was "swapped" in the pits, it all happened with lap times.
So, it looks like Mad Max is the new "torpedo" of F, Horner looked very uncomfortable during interview.
Big strategic error by Merc today, but Lewis might take back the Favour with interest. What I find very concerning is how good a challange Botas is to Lewis considering he is the Newbie in the car.
I hate to think what you thought of Vettel when he was slaughtered by Ricciardo. (Newbie in the car blah blah blah)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

LionKing
LionKing

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:36
I hate to think what you thought of Vettel when he was slaughtered by Ricciardo. (Newbie in the car blah blah blah)
I would think it is much better to be beaten by a driver like Ricciardo then being beaten by Button...

NathanOlder

@Simba

And you reason for that being ?
Remember he was the current quadruple world champion in his own team moulded around him and clearly the teams number 1 guy. Not forgetting he had only 2 complete seasons before going to vettels play pen.

Im not taking anything away from Danny Ric, I mean we both know he's better than Vettel , but losing to Jenson is something many have done.
Last edited by NathanOlder on 30 Jul 2017, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

LionKing
LionKing

bonjon1979 wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:12
George-Jung wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 20:45
LionKing wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 20:39

Why would a guy say that to another one is the issue though...
I guess to insult someone??

But seriously, could someone explain to me why Max got such a harsh penalty- whereas Bottas never got any in previous/similar events??
I guess because he ended someone's race. I'm ambivalent about how they weight penalties. It seems strange that the same action has a different penalty but they also look at the end result. Max finished Ric's race and so maybe he gets a punishment because of the loss he caused.

On the bottas/Hamilton thing, Hamilton didn't lose 3 points today. He bought a hell of a lot of loyalty from his team mate. He would never have passed bottas. In future races bottas is now even more likely to let Hamilton through and it might be on a track where he can overtake the car ahead. He was in fourth. He got fourth, with a hell of a lot of kudos from his team mate thrown in.
Bottas pretty much ended the races of 3 competitors in 2 incidents.

Considering that so far this season Bottas has let Hamilton through everytime he has been asked for, the probability he would do that in the future remains exactly the same, as it has already hit the ceiling.

NathanOlder

How many people did bottas actually take out of the race ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

LionKing
LionKing

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:53
Vestappen and Kimi (you can even say Kimi twice considering the damage he caused at Baku)

NathanOlder

LionKing wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:55
NathanOlder wrote:
Vestappen and Kimi (you can even say Kimi twice considering the damage he caused at Baku)
What races did those guys retire from Bottas taking them out ? I genuinely cant remember
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

LionKing
LionKing

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:56
LionKing wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:55
NathanOlder wrote:
What races did those guys retire from Bottas taking them out ? I genuinely cant remember
Spanish GP and Baku

Treble
Treble

TAG wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:49
LionKing wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:45
NathanOlder wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:36
I would think it is much better to be beaten by a driver like Ricciardo then being beaten by Button...
I guess you're right because when Ricciardo beats you so soundly, you run and cower in fear under mamma's red skirt.
Umm if Vettel is not so good as a pilot and Merc is the best team on the grid (as you always say) why the best pilot ever (as you always say) Hamilton is not in the first position?

It is not a secret Toto wants Vettel at Mercedes, we don't know when but it is pretty clear that Vettel didn't sign yet because he wants to see what happens at Mercedes. I always thought that Ham is "more champion" than Vettel but he is also more discontinuous. At the end of the game are almost equal.

NathanOlder

@ LionKing

Baku ? Kimi went on for an hour before retiring ??
Barcelona ? If you watch, Kimi turned in across Bottas and Max squeezed Kimi in towards Bottas. Bottas cant disappear. Look at the Line Vettel took in front. Bottas was all up on the kerb because Kimi coming at him and Kimi was coming at him because Max was squeezing him.

So Bottas caused NO ONE to retire.

Today Max torpedo'd his team mate and smashed Ricciardo out of the race.

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 30 Jul 2017, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

andartop
andartop

Ferrari are damned by some no matter what they do or not do.
A certain British driver is praised by some no matter what he does or does not do, as British drivers always tend to.
The fault in the presented logic is that the certain British driver and his team are being praised in this case for the exact same reason Ferrari is being damned:
If Ferrari should have issued team orders to allow their 2nd placed driver (who is not challenging for the WDC) overtake their 1st placed driver (who is leading the WDC but looks far from certain of having it comfortably in the bag),
at the same time when Merc's 'equally treated' drivers (who both challenge for the WDC, admittedly with the British one seemingly in with a better chance),
shouldn't one expect that Merc should have avoided issuing the order for the first swap, choosing to favour their 'equally treated' Finnish driver by giving him more opportunities to overtake his fellow compatriot, or capitalise on a mistake?
In hindsight, Ferrari were proven right, as their intended plan worked out since neither Merc was able to overtake Kimi
And Merc were proven wrong, since the British God was equally unable to overtake Kimi as the Finnish 'not number 2 driver'
Gap times mean little in a track where overtaking is so hard unless you are Alonso or have a 3 sec/lap advantage, Bottas might have as well thought to keep a safe distance and save his tires in the chance 2 of the 3 leaders crashed into each other the way the Red Bulls did
Or simply knew very well that since he couldn't overtake, the other car would not be able to either...
To view this the other way around, had Vettel allowed Kimi to pass in the lead, but managed to keep the Mercs behind until the last corner, would all you guys now crying foul have expected Kimi to give the 1st place back and then praise him and Ferrari for their sportsmanship?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

NathanOlder

Treble wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 22:00
TAG wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:49
LionKing wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 21:45

I guess you're right because when Ricciardo beats you so soundly, you run and cower in fear under mamma's red skirt.
Umm if Vettel is not so good as a pilot and Merc is the best team on the grid (as you always say) why the best pilot ever (as you always say) Hamilton is not in the first position?

It is not a secret Toto wants Vettel at Mercedes, we don't know when but it is pretty clear that Vettel didn't sign yet because he wants to see what happens at Mercedes. I always thought that Ham is "more champion" than Vettel but he is also more discontinuous. At the end of the game are almost equal.
I've never heard Toto say that [...]
Last edited by Steven on 30 Jul 2017, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

maxxer
maxxer

So what if you say this before a race:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... 36107/?s=1

End up saying this after a race:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... sh-936544/

Sorry , you never planned to give anyone space as well not even your team mate who qualified before you
Typical Red Bull drivers , trying to safe their seat or get replaced.

I wont miss that disgusting shoe drinking stuff anyway , so immature

ripper
ripper

This is a picture I found that shows how VET had to drive on straight. I can understand his satisfaction for his first place Image

Steven
Owner

maxxer wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 22:44
So what if you say this before a race:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... 36107/?s=1

End up saying this after a race:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... sh-936544/

Sorry , you never planned to give anyone space as well not even your team mate who qualified before you
Typical Red Bull drivers , trying to safe their seat or get replaced.

I wont miss that disgusting shoe drinking stuff anyway , so immature
There is a difference between aggressive driving, and making a silly mistake due to being unwilling to see when you lost a position.

And the shoe is irrelevant here.