2017 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 1-3 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ripper
ripper

Re: 2017 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 1-3 September

I don't understand why the boo who isn't a Ferrari driver :/

Vasconia

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 15:45
With no penalties you'd have to say vettel would have been 5th. When Horner said they will out score Ferrari in the 2nd half, i didnt take it serious. But now i believe him.
Ferrari was faster in Hungary and faster in Spa, with an upcoming PU update I thinkHorner is being too optimistc. Still, todays result shows that Ferrari has plenty to analize and learn.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

What a performance from Ricciardo, his inverted overtaking before the second chicane like he did in 2014, the late braking on Raikkonen ! Probably he would've finished 3rd without the penalty. Almost 360kmh with their aero setup !

About the Merc... What a PU they have, braking stability, energy harvesting, power deployment, tires exploitation on point. +35second while controlling the pace... incredible.
Ferrari anonymous perfomance, some explication needed ??

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

NathanOlder wrote:
With no penalties you'd have to say vettel would have been 5th. When Horner said they will out score Ferrari in the 2nd half, i didnt take it serious. But now i believe him.
I don't think Ferrari will be outscored. The Ferrari's package is more complete overall, you don't think so ?

ripper
ripper

My guess is that FER with so little wings and downforce setting struggled with tyres. PU deficit had an impact for sure, but wasn't the only reason... today MER was the best car

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Vasconia wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 15:50
NathanOlder wrote:
Ferrari was faster in Hungary and faster in Spa, with an upcoming PU update I thinkHorner is being too optimistc. Still, todays result shows that Ferrari has plenty to analize and learn.
Would that be the PU update that means they have less oil burning? When they have just been given a kicking by a Mercedes running at 0.9l oil burning and turned down?

wickedz50
wickedz50

Vasconia wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 15:50
NathanOlder wrote:
The body language coming into Monza says it all. Ferrari was well aware of what they could achieve. Problem is there and they are definitely aware and unfortunately there is nothing they can do.
At the end it does not matter if Merc dominates and win the championship, Ferrari was never consistent with competing over last 4 years. However let us see how the year end.

evered7
evered7

Great recovery from Vettel. Bottas and Hamilton showing that Mercedes was the car to have here. Kimi should have followed Vettel but he did a Kimi and lost one spot to Ricciardo.

Not sure what is happening with the engines at the moment but Vettel seems pretty confident that they will have a strong end to the season. Something must be cooking in the 4th ICE update for Ferrari.

Bring on Singapore. RB will be in the mix there as well. No one can put a foot wrong anymore.

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Re: 2017 Williams Martini Racing Team - Mercedes

Williams TV: Felipe Massa and Lance Stroll share their thoughts ahead of the Italian GP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Jdybel60es

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

evered7 wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:01
Great recovery from Vettel. Bottas and Hamilton showing that Mercedes was the car to have here. Kimi should have followed Vettel but he did a Kimi and lost one spot to Ricciardo.

Not sure what is happening with the engines at the moment but Vettel seems pretty confident that they will have a strong end to the season. Something must be cooking in the 4th ICE update for Ferrari.

Bring on Singapore. RB will be in the mix there as well. No one can put a foot wrong anymore.
Kimi had changed to Soft tyres way before Vettel and Daniel was on Super Soft 3 seconds behind him with 14 laps to go.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

evered7
evered7

Silent Storm wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:06
evered7 wrote:

Kimi had changed to Soft tyres way before Vettel and Daniel was on Super Soft 3 seconds behind him with 14 laps to go.
Vettel took Ocon and Stroll before the pits. That is what I was mentioning. He lost big time behind them in the first stint. Couldn't overtake and hence had to go for an alternative strategy. Ferrari screwed him with a slow stop as well, didn't they?

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

evered7 wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:09
Silent Storm wrote:
evered7 wrote:

Vettel took Ocon and Stroll before the pits. That is what I was mentioning. He lost big time behind them in the first stint. Couldn't overtake and hence had to go for an alternative strategy. Ferrari screwed him with a slow stop as well, didn't they?
He had overtaken Stroll and then lost the place to Stroll after a couple of laps because there were some issues with his car.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

Schuttelberg

The crowd clearly got to Lewis..
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Phil

He was probably wishing he had been a Ferrari driver in that moment. Simply spectacular crowd, just driving for the wrong team.

I still think, Vettel may walk away from Singapore being the leader again. Much depends on how strong RedBull will be. We will see though... still a long season ahead.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

evered7
evered7

Silent Storm wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:13
evered7 wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:09
Silent Storm wrote:

He had overtaken Stroll and then lost the place to Stroll after a couple of laps because there were some issues with his car.
He got Bottas at the start but lost it at the end of the lap. He was behind Stroll all the while till the pits where a slow Williams pitstop got him the place. He overtook Ocon after following him around for 4 laps.

I don't think he got Stroll in the first stint at all. He has a worse record in Singapore. Should be frustrating for Ferrari with the second car.