2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 15-17 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 15-17 September

TAG wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 17:16
Schuttelberg wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 15:36
I think Vettel and Verstappen summed it up perfectly- We have the benefit of hindsight and slo-mo's. The 3 in this situation had mere seconds to react. It's a simple racing incident.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find any reasonable fan here that said otherwise, the only ones that seemed to disagree were Ferrari and their inexplicable tweets. Hence the discussion.
Ferrari's tweets were delusional. I do see some posts which condemn the chop. I can respond, but pages and pages of meaningless argument won't lead to anything.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

komninosm

Re: 2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 15-17 September

How can you respond to it not being a bad chop? Vettel has done this kind of bad chop many times, even inside the pit lane he has dangerously squeezed other cars into mechanics. He crashed on purpose behind a safety car, etc. The man is desperate and losing it.

Here's a more fair view by another poster:
"Again: Yes, a driver defending his position can chop anywhere he want, as long as he is still ahead and he can do so to put himself on the part of the track which is advantageous to be for the first corner - in this specific case, the inside of the corner - but it just doesn't work well when someone is already moving up besides him. You can't move or chop into a space that is already (or about to be) occupied by another car!"