2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RedNEO

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

No it doesn’t, read it again and if you read the article it makes that abundantly clear. Odd that the click bait is used in the byline..

netoperek

I do not know Hungarian to read in original. Google translated version gives exactly such information - rumor stating that Robert Kubica has probably just signed with Williams. Several sources in Poland relayed this rumor, so apparently they got the same impression.
As I said before, I personally treat such news as rather unreliable source of information and posted it just to balance similar story (posted by You) from "opposite camp".

RedNEO

netoperek wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 23:12
I do not know Hungarian to read in original. Google translated version gives exactly such information - rumor stating that Robert Kubica has probably just signed with Williams. Several sources in Poland relayed this rumor, so apparently they got the same impression.
As I said before, I personally treat such news as rather unreliable source of information and posted it just to balance similar story (posted by You) from "opposite camp".
I’m not sure what “opposite camp” you are talking about. I have no vested interest in this but obviously you do I’ve noticed. I’m just going on what I’ve heard take it or leave it. :)

netoperek

I was not referring to You, sorry if You took it that way. It's uncertain situation and lot of journalists produce their prophecies, of either negative or positive outcome :) I guess we will know soon enough

RedNEO

No hard feelings my friend

NathanOlder

If Williams take the reported $15mill over Kubica or a different experienced driver then I will have no bad feelings seeing them fall further down the order, Stroll and Sirotkin will be equal weakest driver line up on the grid with Toro Rosso, and behind the Sauber pairing!

dont allow it Frank!

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2343 ... liams-seat
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Squid

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13352 ... iams-drive

Dreams's over. While many people are still in denial, truth is that when rumors fly out fast like this, it's pretty much decided. Looks like Kubica's not even being considered as a backup option anymore.

PlatinumZealot

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 19:14
If Williams take the reported $15mill over Kubica or a different experienced driver then I will have no bad feelings seeing them fall further down the order, Stroll and Sirotkin will be equal weakest driver line up on the grid with Toro Rosso, and behind the Sauber pairing!

dont allow it Frank!

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2343 ... liams-seat
Frank is specifically the guy who wants the money. In Frank's eyes, "Drivers aint sh*t!"
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

RonDennis

Kubica had been favourite to make a sensational return to F1, with the team impressed by his feedback and the way he fitted into the team and built up strong relationships. However, it has emerged that based purely on performance, data suggests Sirotkin is the stronger candidate.

RIP Williams.

Raleigh

Well Sh**.

Sirotkin isn't terrible, as a team principal I'd happily take his money and put him in the 2nd car, but Sirotkin and Stroll?

NathanOlder

thats the trouble, The pairing. They need 1 solid experienced driver alongside a Stroll OR Sirtotkin.

RIP Williams indeed
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Schuttelberg

Can't believe Mansell, Prost and Senna were fighting with one another to get a seat at this same team . Call me old school and I'm far from a Ferrari, McLaren or Williams fan but the plight of these three teams really really hurts.

I'm not meaning to hurt the Williams fan, I might be one myself for all I know but I just don't see the passion and ambition in Claire Williams. I think Williams needs someone that feels the history and realises where this team belongs.

People like Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen and Ricciardo will not consider a Williams drive. That is how far down the road Williams have gone.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

FrukostScones

I actually think Sirotkin would be no bad choice in terms oft racing driver. But Williams and Strolls shot numerous own goals with the decision not to hire KUB. Maybe it was technically not possible to hire him (insurance, license, FIA whatever liability disability clauses etc. ), but if they did it just forv the money it is really sad. Kvyat, Wehrlein, Rowland are stronger... So I think STR was happy with less Talent, and Williams with more money. Too Bad that Sirotkin will trash his teammate anyway.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u

RonDennis wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 20:21
Kubica had been favourite to make a sensational return to F1, with the team impressed by his feedback and the way he fitted into the team and built up strong relationships. However, it has emerged that based purely on performance, data suggests Sirotkin is the stronger candidate.

RIP Williams.
you read that wrong.
We have a Russian GP, putin wants a Russian driver in F1, there will be the fifa world cup football 2018 in russia.
Also this bloke brings 15 million. Claire needs some $$ on diapers for her newborn kid.

it's sad af but well, if there's any team to expect this from, it's Williams. Sauber doesn't have Kaltenborn anymore (praise the lord though).

Could be worse though. It could have been palmer. #-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

nacho

15 million is a lot of money + Stroll money, maybe it offsets any performance losses without any risk.