2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marmer

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

DK20 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 13:05
Guys, noone can deny, that a man absent from the sport for ages, and with partially disability in one of his hand, cant compete with the current, totally healthy drivers. This is physics!
take a leap. he would be faster than half of the drivers missing an arm Renault were all ready for putting him in the car until carlos became an option. who would be in my top half of drivers

Phil

I think its time some of you hopped of the Kubica fairytale.

It would have been a wonderful story, but the truth of the matter is, that none of us know how good he is. We do know however that he was dismissed by Renault in favor of Sainz despite all the tests they did.

Some quotes that some will be not bothered to see Williams fall to the back because they perhaps wont sign Kubica are baffling. It seems Williams can only lose - if they sign Kubica and they are last, it will be blamed on the car. Sirotkin might actually be faster, or as fast, but with better funding. Funding is also important, as its the only way to hold against the Strolls influence.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

DK20

marmer wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 17:43
DK20 wrote:
Guys, noone can deny, that a man absent from the sport for ages, and with partially disability in one of his hand, cant compete with the current, totally healthy drivers. This is physics!
take a leap. he would be faster than half of the drivers missing an arm Renault were all ready for putting him in the car until carlos became an option. who would be in my top half of drivers
This Kubica positivity is more fairytale than reality. Even Schumacher, when returned after a shorter break than Kubica, failed. And he returned healthy, unlike Kubica.

Schuttelberg

Not a fan of his and I find him quite bland, but boy is Pascal unlucky to be out of F1!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Manoah2u

DK20 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 20:51
This Kubica positivity is more fairytale than reality. Even Schumacher, when returned after a shorter break than Kubica, failed. And he returned healthy, unlike Kubica.
actually, Schumacher returned with a not-then-mentioned disability - motorical - which was the result of his former motogp racer crash where he fractured his neck, and turns out more happened than just that. It was mentioned after schumacher's ski-ing accident.

after reading about that, i think i understood why Montezemolo said Schumi @ Merc was 'not the same Schumacher'.
actually protecting his legacy and honorable status, imho.

It also shed a whole different light on why Rosberg beat him like he did - not that i think Rosberg is worth squad, he actually beat Hamilton in the WDC and for the full seasons they were together in the team made things very hard for Hamilton, which speaks in Nico's favour.

Nevertheless, i agree the Kubica thread is a positivy thread spiced with a load of fantasy. And i find myself there too, simply because i really do hope it would / will happen. I don't neccesarily believe it'll happen, but i do hope so.
To be honest, Kubica's F1 prospects as far as i'm concerned were guaranteed over when Renault didn't take him. I still believe there is reason they bailed on him, and that is reason enough to assume he'll never be in F1 again.

I think Sainz is absolutely great driver, but i thought higher of Kubica before his accident. Sainz has room to grow, but i guess Kubica hasn't and even then he isn't at Sainz' level it seems, and i think Renault wants to spare both themselves that aswell as Kubica, as sad as that may be.

As for Williams? I would like to see him there, but they'll surely go for Sirotkin money and once again an 'exciting lineup' for 2018, just like they did for 2017 when Massa bailed and that 'exciting combo' would have been Stroll-Bottas :lol: instead it got Stroll-Massa :roll: and it seems now it'll be Stroll-Sirotkin as the new 'exciting' lineup.

Well, it could be worse. They could have signed Palmer #-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

No one here knows how Robert could perform next season, No one here can doubt his talent in the past. And No One here can say Sirotkin is a hot prospect. He has done nothing in the last 5 years. So he doesnt deserve this drive. If Kubica misses out, it should be to Werhlein or Kvyat.
If Sirotkin gets it, its because Stroll wants him as he will see Sitotkin as beatable driver.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Squid

[media]https://twitter.com/vitonez/status/9410 ... 98048?s=17[/media]

According to Victor Martins, Kubica had already signed a contract before Abu Dhabi. Sirotkin showed up with over double the money and Williams sold him the seat.

bill shoe

Squid wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 02:49
According to Victor Martins, Kubica had already signed a contract before Abu Dhabi. Sirotkin showed up with over double the money and Williams sold him the seat.
Oh, delicious!! Has Williams pulled a Sauber?

Vasconia

bill shoe wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 02:52
Squid wrote:
Plus a miserable salary for Kubika, as far as I can understand.

So at least I can say that Williams mantains an old tradition from Frank, which is to offer "low" salaries.

:evil:

Manoah2u

bill shoe wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 02:52
Squid wrote:
if that is true, that would immediately end my love for this team. dare i say that it's an interesting fact that it's in both situations with a woman at the helm?

to be very frank, no pun intended, i feel like Sirotkin is going to be a reserve driver who will drive friday practices and will do the Russian GP race weekend, and Kubica will race the rest of it. If Kubica bails, or can't handle, Sirotkin will take on from there.

this is above all my hope, but could fit in what's been said and done before.
well, supposedly we'll get an announcement this week so that's either today or tomorrow.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Stalker1

Both Stroll and Sirotkin are younger than 25. I wonder, how this affects the Martini sponsorship agreement with Williams?

About Kubica... Even if he does not get the drive, Williams should retain him as a development driver or test driver.

RedNEO

Squid wrote:
https://twitter.com/vitonez/status/9410 ... 98048?s=17

That’s obviously not true.

RedNEO

Phil wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 19:23
I think its time some of you hopped of the Kubica fairytale.

It would have been a wonderful story, but the truth of the matter is, that none of us know how good he is. We do know however that he was dismissed by Renault in favor of Sainz despite all the tests they did.

Some quotes that some will be not bothered to see Williams fall to the back because they perhaps wont sign Kubica are baffling. It seems Williams can only lose - if they sign Kubica and they are last, it will be blamed on the car. Sirotkin might actually be faster, or as fast, but with better funding. Funding is also important, as its the only way to hold against the Strolls influence.
I firmly believe Sirotkin is going to surprise a lot of people.

restless

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 00:58
No one here knows how Robert could perform next season, No one here can doubt his talent in the past. And No One here can say Sirotkin is a hot prospect. He has done nothing in the last 5 years. So he doesnt deserve this drive. If Kubica misses out, it should be to Werhlein or Kvyat.
Because Werhlein and Kvyat are hot prospects? Or bring more money than Kubica? Or what?

krisfx

DK20 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 20:51
marmer wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 17:43
DK20 wrote:
He was probably up as good as Rosberg, who then went on to beat Hamilton... His comeback can't have been that bad