Adrian Newey book

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
roon

Re: Adrian Newey book

No, Kimi Raikkonen does. Good bedtime listen.

majki2111

Wow a lot of negative answers. Here in Croatia that is how it's done. Books on web and films an TV series are downloaded on torrents. Its illegal but easy to use. I don't know about you, tough.

Thunder

majki2111 wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 12:46
Its illegal....
And there you have the answer for why such advise is not very welcome on this Forum.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

AJI
AJI

roon wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 00:19
No, Kimi Raikkonen does. Good bedtime listen.
It's actually read by Vettel doing his impersonation of Kimi. When they asked Kimi if he'd do it he just kept replying 'I don't know'.

majki2111

garygph wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 18:32
"Is there free pdf online to download this book??"

I certainly hope not, and as a F1 fan that admires what the man has done, legally not in the criminal world, you would respect that and pay for the privilege of reading his book.
I admire you for having such mentality. :D

TEHNOS

majki2111 wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 12:46
Wow a lot of negative answers. Here in Croatia that is how it's done. Books on web and films an TV series are downloaded on torrents. Its illegal but easy to use. I don't know about you, tough.
Well, it is done wrong.

But you can still pretend to be in Europe...

Sieper

Also, the reactions you are getting are not so negative at all, options have been provided, you have just not gotten a link to a free download of the book, which is something you probably shouldn't even be asking for here.

NathanOlder

Eastern Europe.... looking for free..... reminds of a couple of people at work.

Something thats been made to the quality of this book, should never be ripped off and downloaded for free. If that happened more and more, people like that would stop doing autobiographies. And we DONT want that.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

strad

No such luck
Read by Richard Trinder with foreword by Damon Hill.
It can be a bit dry at times but not nearly as bad a Matchett's "The Chariot Makers".
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

johnny comelately

Fantastic book.
Quite a rapid jump from early life into solid technical stories and explanations.
Provides a rarely known insight into the breadth of motor racing across two continents and more now.
Shows the common ground between American racing and European racing scenes.
Gives a very, very good explanation of the role of aero and its fundamentals, a real boon to people like myself who only think we know :)
A good expose of the various race team cultures, which is much needed imo.
Laced with amusing anecdotes and raw honesty about the human side of a technical world.
Thank you Mr Newey.

strad

It's actually read by Vettel doing his impersonation of Kimi
BullShit.
I told you..The reading is done by Richard Trinder with foreword by Damon Hill.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Ennis

strad wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 06:08
It's actually read by Vettel doing his impersonation of Kimi
BullShit.
I told you..The reading is done by Richard Trinder with foreword by Damon Hill.
Whooosh.

Brenton

Chuckjr wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 04:41
Just_a_fan wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 16:22
Chuckjr wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 05:51
My thoughts exactly. I can't believe a person can get to a point in life to be able to turn that down. I see Ferrari as a much longer lived life legacy than what Red Bull could offer--all due respect to Red Bull.
A friend of mine turned down an offer to work at Ferrari when Brawn was there. It happens.

As for the "long lived life legacy" - what is that? Do you mean Ferrari will be around longer than RedBull? The titles that Newey has won over the years are his legacy. No one can take those away. Heck, taking the fight to Ferrari and beating them soundly 4 years in a row with a drinks company is quite some legacy. Add his titles with McLaren and Williams and he is F1's most successful designer ever. What bigger legacy is there?

The fact that he can turn down a huge offer from Ferrari shows his standing in the sport, and his own position in life.
Exactly. Exactly my thought. Ferraris will be auctioned off for the rest of time. His designs would have gone into timeless archives at Maranello with collectors still in 500 years seeking the "Newey models". Not to be.

Someday there will be no Red Bull. Someday there will still be Ferrari.

To say no to your own cars still being driven in 200...even 500 years?!? Come on. RedBull can or could NEVER offer such a legacy. All due respect but sorry this is another level in career legacy.

I think if there was any mistake in Newey's career, it was turning that offer down. Many designers have won multiple championships. Not many will have their personal designs locked into sportscar history (Ferrari history mind you) hundreds of years down the road.

Just my 2 cents.
It's not like a legacy of lasting positive effects on society, like leaving a good legacy as a politician for example. It sounds like mere vanity fantasy of having your name ring out on a luxury car generations from now. I see there is value in that, but it's nothing compared to the value of having a lifestyle that you prefer - in the place you call home, and a job that you enjoy. To each their own, but most people place more value on their quality of life than how famous they'll be a century after they die.

strad

Finally finished and I for one found it very interesting.
Reminded me of one of my early loophole workarounds.
In the early 60s I raced a TR3 and the rule was that you could have an electric fuel pump but only if the fuel still went through the mechanical fuel pump. So that's what I did. I gutted the mechanical, drilled a hole through the mechanical pump then passed the fuel line from the electrical pump through the mechanical pump. The mechanical pump no longer did anything but the line carrying the fuel passed through the gutted pump thus fulfilling the exact wording of the rule. :lol:
Overall I give the book 4 stars, but only because I could have done without some of his personal life..
What it really did was make me wish I had him available to help me sort out the suspension on my Mustang. :lol:
Sir Stirling Moss