Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
_djc

Re: Livery thread again!

cplchanb wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 20:01
well now that Sean Bull has been hired by Renault F1 I guess he is contractually obligated to only do their designs..... no more SB concepts perhaps.... :(
I'm sure he'll still be allowed - he'll just have to make sure its not a conflict of interest, or do a livery that he knows Ren might use..

Manoah2u

torpor wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 20:20
In my opinion that would be a good thing. Never liked Sean Bulls clueless overhyped fan art.
sure bud.

i'm happy for him.
really cool to hear somebody making their dreams come true.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Flying JPS Lotus

Mercedes-Benz W09 Livery concept images from their reveal

"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

adrianjordan

Flying JPS Lotus wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 20:47

https://i.imgur.com/6QxBcDg.png
I wonder if they rejected the one with red flow lines as it looked a bit like something Mclaren might have had back in the McLaren Mercedes days?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Flying JPS Lotus

adrianjordan wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 02:11
Flying JPS Lotus wrote:

I wonder if they rejected the one with red flow lines as it looked a bit like something Mclaren might have had back in the McLaren Mercedes days?
I made the mistake of assuming the same on r/formula1 and was actually told the red is just there to indicate where the stripes are going and not their actual color.
"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

adrianjordan

Flying JPS Lotus wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 02:30
adrianjordan wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 02:11
Flying JPS Lotus wrote:

I made the mistake of assuming the same on r/formula1 and was actually told the red is just there to indicate where the stripes are going and not their actual color.
Oooooooohhhh.... 😝

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Mjafc47

Check out my season preview for 2018 includes pictures of all the cars. Let me know what you think

https://wp.me/p9G8jX-l

Blackout

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Feb 2018, 22:16
Blackout wrote:
17 Feb 2018, 15:25
I find those water droplets on the real FI BWT livery horrendous...They spoil that nice original livery completely. I hope they'll ditch them... with that very cheap silver.
Thank you FI, you listened to me :P
(But that white wasnt necessary)

And tjhe matte pink was nicer IMO

Formula Wrong

I love that Force India livery.
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

GM7

Very good livery from Force India :o

What about a part of the Halo paint with the main color of the driver's helmet ?

Macklaren

Formula Wrong wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 23:10
I love that Force India livery.
The FI livery looks DELICIOUS!

Rosewood

Howdy! Long time reader of the forums here- huge fan of the liveries posted, always surprised how cool fan made liveries can turn out, never surprised when the actual liveries fall short.

Anyways, I figured this would be the appropriate place to ask; can any of ya'll work your photoshop magic and post an image of the new '18 cars without the halo? I keep looking at the cars, and either blocking the area with my thumb or tape on the screen.

adrianjordan

When you look at the Mercedes livery, it doesn't really have many more sponsors than McLaren....but their livery hides that fact.

marvin78

Yeah and there is a multi billion euro company behind Mercedes.

ajprice

Today's news is that Martini are leaving Williams at the end of the year, and leaving F1 entirely, or going to McLaren.

So, a non-Martini Williams (would Sure/Rexona step up to the main sponsorship?) car, and a Papaya Orange/Martini-McLaren. Hmm. Martini-McLaren, that sounds good :) .