General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Talisman

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

McMika98 wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 13:03
Wazari is Honda working on fighter jet engines as well?
Doesn't Honda have an informal internal ban on working on military technology?

Wazari

Talisman wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 02:47
McMika98 wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 13:03
Wazari is Honda working on fighter jet engines as well?
Doesn't Honda have an informal internal ban on working on military technology?
Yes
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Singabule

I guess we know why it takes so long for honda to integrate their broad knowledge from other honda division as involving many head, many entities, get approval, gentleman agreement, internal control, as well to ensure data not to leak everywhere. Wazari san, the 75 New staff of HRD coming from honda as well?

Wazari

Singabule wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 03:10
I guess we know why it takes so long for honda to integrate their broad knowledge from other honda division as involving many head, many entities, get approval, gentleman agreement, internal control, as well to ensure data not to leak everywhere. Wazari san, the 75 New staff of HRD coming from honda as well?
I don't know, but I imagine the majority of them were internal transfers but also some outside hires.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

hasika

http://members.f1-life.net/report/64261/

Toro Rosso didnt say any details about which fuel partner is after they switched to the Honda engine,but now the journalist has learned their fuel partner is Mobil.
Honda started to consider to supply Red Bull F1 seriously.

carisi2k

Toro Rosso's great start in testing has only confirmed for me that Red Bull will have Honda engines in 2019. I am so looking forward to the GP in a few weeks time to see how far along this Honda is compared to it's competitors. F1 people should remember to purchase spf50+ when they arrive at the airport in Melbourne and remember to pack shorts and shirts. It has been really warm down here this summer even when it has been wet.

techman

Toro Rosso's great start in testing has only confirmed for me that Red Bull will have Honda engines in 2019. I am so looking forward to the GP in a few weeks time to see how far along this Honda is compared to it's competitors. F1 people should remember to purchase spf50+ when they arrive at the airport in Melbourne and remember to pack shorts and shirts. It has been really warm down here this summer even when it has been wet.
its quite interesting i hear that redbull could even possibly switch to honda mid season. if they find they cant compete and with the title this season. i am pretty sure they will be competitive but can they beat mercedes iam not sure

jagunx51

techman wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:08
its quite interesting i hear that redbull could even possibly switch to honda mid season. if they find they cant compete and with the title this season. i am pretty sure they will be competitive but can they beat mercedes iam not sure
There will be a good news before June 8)

http://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/re ... l-20180228
............!!!!

JonoNic

Switching PUs mid-season. Is that a normal solution? Payout Renault, build a new rear end and be competitive for the rest of the season?

Always find the gap then use it.

techman

Switching PUs mid-season. Is that a normal solution? Payout Renault, build a new rear end and be competitive for the rest of the season?
i reckon its a good gamble, as they will sort out any reliability issues and get ready for 2019 title bid

Singabule

JonoNic wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 11:44
I think switching midseason is impossible, but how about creating B spec STR 13 so that RB mechanic could gather the data needed instead of creating RB14H for testing purpose. Sounds more logical, without need to breach renault contract.

JonoNic

Singabule wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
I think switching midseason is impossible, but how about creating B spec STR 13 so that RB mechanic could gather the data needed instead of creating RB14H for testing purpose. Sounds more logical, without need to breach renault contract.
That does sound more logical unless the b spec is a carbon copy of the RB14. Then it's most likely against the spirit of the rules?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.

Singabule

JonoNic wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 12:32
Singabule wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
That does sound more logical unless the b spec is a carbon copy of the RB14. Then it's most likely against the spirit of the rules?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Carbon copy and photo copy is not allowed, but give instruction to sketcher to draw another picture based in his masterpiece is allowed by regulation. Its different afterall because of specific engine need is different

PlatinumZealot

carisi2k wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 09:47
Toro Rosso's great start in testing has only confirmed for me that Red Bull will have Honda engines in 2019.
Christian Horner and Matschitz are not that foolish. They will wait to decide by mid-season.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

etusch

They can not have Mercedes or ferrari engine. Renault and Honda engines looks closer than everytime. Second tests will show us real situation about Honda renault challenge. After that it is easy to decide I think.
Last edited by etusch on 04 Mar 2018, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.