2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

give brendon till mid season and replace. no point if he cant score. TR are handicapped

nzjrs

FP1/2 report https://scuderiatororosso.redbull.com/e ... practice-2

Amazing that Brendon has managed to kill a bird and damage his front wing two weeks in a row!

bauc

nzjrs wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 13:50

Amazing that Brendon has managed to kill a bird and damage his front wing two weeks in a row!
Again? hhahha, wow :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

etusch

nzjrs wrote:

:shock:

techman
techman

i heard frank tost saying about an aero update for baku. i believe this was the big update brandon was talking about . so cant for it.

cyro_666
cyro_666

There are talks of Renault cars bringing engine updates, so things could be a bit tougher until Canada.

loner

Alonso Fan wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 03:47
loner wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 00:16
makecry wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 22:29

It's a bit too early for the entirety of Honda's work with Toro Rosso to show fruits. Some of them are showing but Honda with McLaren this year would have been more or less similar.
both teams have a new PU however Mclaren qualified a full second behind STR in Bahrain .. why can't we assume
PP is clueless EB is clueless , lets wait some more few races perhaps this possibility is feasible ..its not healthy to be a yes man its ok to have doubts and to question people in positions.
3 years with Honda the car wasn't so good and with Renault the car still lacks, this should ring bells instead of blind defending.
Woah hang on, you're basing your assessment on 1 race result (not even that, you're basing it on qualifying times). How do you like it if I do the same?

Here goes 'Toro Rosso was nowhere in Australia, one engine failure and the other finishing last. Honda has lost the ball, 4 years and they still can't make it reliable. Toro Rosso management needs to get their act together, car aero is compromised, rookie drivers etc etc etc while mclaren was there to pick up the pieces through good strategy when the big 3 teams faltered '

There. Now that sounds ridiculous and delusional doesn't it? Just like your post above.

Not defending mclaren management, they certainly can work on their PR. But your post is utter tripe
if you say so BOSS.
================
China wise ..
well some people wished that some invisible force helped STR in Bahrain :mrgreen:
presumably the reality check slapped them with some facts the 618 is a proper powerunit , good for Honda,STR,RBR.. good for the sport.
para bellum.

Alonso Fan

loner wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 15:14
Alonso Fan wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 03:47
loner wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 00:16

both teams have a new PU however Mclaren qualified a full second behind STR in Bahrain .. why can't we assume
PP is clueless EB is clueless , lets wait some more few races perhaps this possibility is feasible ..its not healthy to be a yes man its ok to have doubts and to question people in positions.
3 years with Honda the car wasn't so good and with Renault the car still lacks, this should ring bells instead of blind defending.
Woah hang on, you're basing your assessment on 1 race result (not even that, you're basing it on qualifying times). How do you like it if I do the same?

Here goes 'Toro Rosso was nowhere in Australia, one engine failure and the other finishing last. Honda has lost the ball, 4 years and they still can't make it reliable. Toro Rosso management needs to get their act together, car aero is compromised, rookie drivers etc etc etc while mclaren was there to pick up the pieces through good strategy when the big 3 teams faltered '

There. Now that sounds ridiculous and delusional doesn't it? Just like your post above.

Not defending mclaren management, they certainly can work on their PR. But your post is utter tripe
if you say so BOSS.
================
China wise ..
well some people wished that some invisible force helped STR in Bahrain :mrgreen:
presumably the reality check slapped them with some facts the 618 is a proper powerunit , good for Honda,STR,RBR.. good for the sport.
Actually if one looks at the situation without any bias then one will see that the Bahrain circuit's characteristics were favoured by the Toro Rosso car. They out placed Renault haas and mclaren on merit. Looking at China practice it seems haas and Renault resume their positions as best of the rest and Toro Rosso are as good as mclaren. I'm not surprised since Bahrain isn't your normal circuit. And Toro Rosso had a very successful aero upgrade too. Mclaren are largely still running with the same car as they had in testing. It will be very interesting to see how both progress. My guess is that Toro Rosso may even be able to place best of the rest at Baku because they have a very slippery car
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

etusch

I couldn't see these pics I don't know why

j.yank
j.yank

The stints of both cars with ultarasofts were quite long, and I guess that they were heavier than the rest of the middle pack. So, I don't think that these are representable times for their performance against Renault, Haas and McLaren. Tomorrow we will see the real picture.

Big Tea

nzjrs wrote:

sorry, double post.
Last edited by Big Tea on 13 Apr 2018, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Big Tea

nzjrs wrote:

They thought they found a car that was not moving :evil:

Red Bull brakes your wings
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

vassilispapadop
vassilispapadop

i think he had a tow at the beginning of the straight but i'm not quite sure how much of speed advantage will someone get

loner

the pattern in China looks like Bahrain so far not so strong in practice , if they have strong show tomorrow in qualy
it will be a revealing about their strategy or some little sandbaging in their bucket .. party mode any one ? :mrgreen:
para bellum.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Does anybody have the long runs timings?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.