2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

such a rookie stuff :mrgreen:
car was turd in China
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

restless wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:21
Baku has loooong straight too.
And the temps will be at 18-20°C all the weekend, not much hot than China

carisi2k

I don't think the Honda was the problem in China. I think you will find it was the car and the drivers.

techman

not the best result but however if you compare this to melbourne. it seem rain in practice and they get their setup wrong but bahrain all sessions were hot and they got their setup spot on. so iam bit dissapointed but hopefully there is no wet sessions in baku and we should be ok. with the new upgrade coming that will be a bonus.hartly sorry no race pace , he should be replaced.

Marti_EF3

I don't will blame Hartley until mid season, I want to give him some time to adapt. Today who failed was Gasly, and probably damaged both cars, so nothing to say. The other fail (apart of wrong car setup) was to put Hartley on US starting from 15. What were they thinking?? Starting on soft or medium was the righ chose. (more soft than mediums)

Marti_EF3

Gasly was coming up 18th-placed Hartley on fresher tyres at the midpoint of the race, and ended up pitching his teammate into a spin as he attempted to get past down the inside of the Turn 14 hairpin.

The clash resulted in what ended up a race-changing safety car and was swiftly followed by a penalty for Gasly, who was eventually classified 18th to Hartley's 20th.

Speaking to media after the race, Gasly made it clear that he believed Hartley had been instructed to let him by – and that he was caught by surprise when the Kiwi turned for the corner as normal.

"They told me on the radio 'okay, Brendon is going to let you pass, at the end of the straight'. So I expected him to let me by, I went on the inside.

"I expected him to leave me a bit of space to turn, and finally when he started to turn like normally and I was on the inside, was too late and there was nothing I could do.

"I tried to brake and avoid him, was way too late, we made contact and basically that was it.

"It was a shame, because of course the last thing you want is to have contact with your teammate, just a shame, but I think we misunderstood each other.

"I expected him to do something and he probably expected something else

techman

well if they told him that brendon is going to let him through , then its brendon fault. i cant see brendon doing good in f1. its a sad fact. and also why would you put someone in ultra soft honestly. anyway hope they learn from this and come back stronger

Marti_EF3

The major issue here was they fu**ed up with the Car Setup, Honda seems to be at least reliable and not so far behind Renault. This GP the fault was the Team not doing a right setup, because they changed it between FP2 and FP3, and there was no time to revert it for Qualifing. So I hope they learn from this mistakes and do better next race

Ground Effect

techman wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:42
not the best result but however if you compare this to melbourne. it seem rain in practice and they get their setup wrong but bahrain all sessions were hot and they got their setup spot on. so iam bit dissapointed but hopefully there is no wet sessions in baku and we should be ok. with the new upgrade coming that will be a bonus.hartly sorry no race pace , he should be replaced.
Replace Hartley with who exactly? It may not be possible for a while. He can still turn his form around.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

restless

the fact is - car had no pace
Hartley started on US yet was slowest of the grid!
Wish I knew why they went US instead of S-M or M-S ...

Revs84

techman wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:42
Dude, we get your point lol First it was McLaren's draggy chassis comment, then it was the Red Bull mid-season switch to Honda and now it's the let's kick Hartley out comment :lol:

Give him a break and some time - He'll get there... and if he doesn't he'll get replaced don't worry. There's just no need to say it like 10 times a day :wink:

Thunder18

Redbull team crash (TR), redbull driver calls for safety car on radio (Sainz), Redbull wins the race due to redbull incidents, coincidence??

redmaxver

Thunder18 wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 13:54
Redbull team crash (TR), redbull driver calls for safety car on radio (Sainz), Redbull wins the race due to redbull incidents, coincidence??
lol I hope you're joking?

loner

Marti_EF3 wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:32
The major issue here was they fu**ed up with the Car Setup, Honda seems to be at least reliable and not so far behind Renault. This GP the fault was the Team not doing a right setup, because they changed it between FP2 and FP3, and there was no time to revert it for Qualifing. So I hope they learn from this mistakes and do better next race
i have to admit it STR performing well is something tempting for me , but RBR is the target, as far as we can tell the PU is up there and improving as well .. Mercedes fans can't be angry for FI and Williams not top 3 materials.
you can't finish P4 on merit with the midfield in Bahrain without having a proper PU whatsoever.
para bellum.