2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Andres125sx wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 08:14
And that is bad or good? I mean, safety is so good they can assume more risks than they did in past days.... do you really think that´s bad? :mrgreen:
Safety good.
Impertinence bad.

J.A.W.

Whatever.. as the kids say, Nathan..

For sure, & without fear of contradiction, the telemetry record shows that Rossi's 'putting the boot in'
directly & deliberately caused - the hard brake application of M.M.'s machine - & the subsequent crash..

I think you seriously underestimate Rossi's skills, & guile, in 'doing the dirty dog'.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

johnny comelately wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 23:32
Andres125sx wrote:
And that is bad or good? I mean, safety is so good they can assume more risks than they did in past days.... do you really think that´s bad? :mrgreen:
Safety good.
Impertinence bad.
Impertinence??

An aggressive rider going flat out and doing some mistakes is impertinence in your eyes? :roll: #-o

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 02:09

For sure, & without fear of contradiction, the telemetry record shows that Rossi's 'putting the boot in'
directly & deliberately caused - the hard brake application of M.M.'s machine - & the subsequent crash..

I think you seriously underestimate Rossi's skills, & guile, in 'doing the dirty dog'.
I don´t think for a moment Rossi was aiming the brake lever, while racing on a corner, hitting the bike is difficult enough to aim some part of it.

That does not mean he didn´t hit the brake lever tough, I think that´s the point you both disagree. IMO Rossi was trying to kick Marquez, whatever part of Marquez bike or body, and hitted the lever.

What drive me nuts is people comparing this with Marquez excess of agressiveness. One incident is part of racing, some riders are too aggresive from time to time. But the other is an unsportsmanlike action wich deserved a race ban unquestionably. None with some common sense, none who has raced sometime, can compare both incidents like if they were similar :x

johnny comelately

Andres125sx wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 08:52
johnny comelately wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Safety good.
Impertinence bad.
Impertinence??

An aggressive rider going flat out and doing some mistakes is impertinence in your eyes? :roll: #-o
Yes.
I can see we are not going to agree on this, so I hope we can agree to disagree.
I was looking for a video of Randy Mamola in I think 1980/81 at Oulton Park or Brands Hatch overtaking on the grass with flair and style and other things instead of ten pin bowling ball under brakes to demonstrate there is an alternative, but I cannot find it.

Nonserviam85

People, it is 3 years now since Sepang, please move on

digitalrurouni

J.A.W. wrote:

And where did you see said telemetry? As far as I recall they never went public with the actual telemetry did they?

Andres125sx

johnny comelately wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 10:14
Andres125sx wrote:
johnny comelately wrote:

Safety good.
Impertinence bad.
Impertinence??

Yes.
I can see we are not going to agree on this, so I hope we can agree to disagree.
Sure, because I want aggressive riders, even if they make mistakes and I will never call them impertinent. I didn´t with Simoncelli before his fatal accident, despite he crashed and caused more crashes than Marquez so yes, let´s agree to disagree

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 08:58
J.A.W. wrote:

I don´t think for a moment Rossi was aiming the brake lever, while racing on a corner, hitting the bike is difficult enough to aim some part of it.

Exactly.

I'm just arguing the point that people (not you) say Rossi purposely kicked the Honda brake lever! When he kicked , he wasnt even looking at the honda. Add to the fact Marquez had fingers on the brake lever, and the brake lever guard!

Rossi kicked Marquez on the arm, and in turn it caused Marquez to apply a little extra force on the brake lever and down he went. All Rossi's fault 100%. Rossi kicked Marquez just after they made contact, It was clear as day that Rossi kicked out as a reaction to the contact yet some still sit here saying,

"Rossi kicked Marquez brake lever, and thats what he set out to do"

Just think about that, If Rossi set out to do it, it means he thought about it, and as big as Rossi is, he would see that doing that could/would involve a penalty. Rossi was 11pts in front going in to this race! If he kicked Lorenzo while trailing Lorenzo on points, it would be a little more believable.

I cant see how anyone can see this differently today. After all the replays ect ect, some saying things like
"I think you seriously underestimate Rossi's skills, & guile, in 'doing the dirty dog'." is a joke surely ???
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

J.A.W.

digitalrurouni wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 15:39
J.A.W. wrote:

And where did you see said telemetry? As far as I recall they never went public with the actual telemetry did they?

Nakamura-san wanted to release it.. Dorna said no..

J.A.W.

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 22:24
Andres125sx wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 08:58
J.A.W. wrote:

Exactly.

I'm just arguing the point that people (not you) say Rossi purposely kicked the Honda brake lever! When he kicked , he wasnt even looking at the honda. Add to the fact Marquez had fingers on the brake lever, and the brake lever guard!

Rossi kicked Marquez on the arm, and in turn it caused Marquez to apply a little extra force on the brake lever and down he went. All Rossi's fault 100%. Rossi kicked Marquez just after they made contact, It was
clear as day that Rossi kicked out as a reaction to the contact yet some still sit here saying,

"Rossi kicked Marquez brake lever, and thats what he set out to do"

Just think about that, If Rossi set out to do it, it means he thought about it, and as big as Rossi is, he would see that doing that could/would involve a penalty. Rossi was 11pts in front going in to this race! If he kicked Lorenzo while trailing Lorenzo on points, it would be a little more believable.

I cant see how anyone can see this differently today. After all the replays ect ect, some saying things like
"I think you seriously underestimate Rossi's skills, & guile, in 'doing the dirty dog'." is a joke surely ???
Nah, Nathan..
Your underestimation of Rossi's skills, is either a joke, or an attempt to obfuscate the facts..

digitalrurouni

J.A.W. wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 06:46
digitalrurouni wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 15:39
J.A.W. wrote:

Nakamura-san wanted to release it.. Dorna said no..
I googled around a bit and it seemed the FIM wanted that not Dorna. Why the heck would they not release that data? LAME! All this could have been sorted out if that data came out and showed the reason for Marc going down. However Marc is not entirely without blame at Sepang. Anyway that's my last post on this topic. I learned something new though!

johnny comelately

Andres125sx wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 16:58
johnny comelately wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 10:14
Andres125sx wrote:

Impertinence??

Yes.
Sure, because I want aggressive riders, even if they make mistakes and I will never call them impertinent. I didn´t with Simoncelli before his fatal accident, despite he crashed and caused more crashes than Marquez so yes, let´s agree to disagree
Andre, I send you this in good faith because I thought it may interest you, the days of a little less impertinence :wink: , but I haven t watched it all, so maybe....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7hhh0ZoJm8
check the black stripes at about 10:30minutes
and co-commentated by pig farmer Daaayle Singleton

J.A.W.

Yeah! Yeee Haaa.. good ol' boy Dale, ( bet he had a rebel flag emblazoned on his car 'Duke boys' style).

& damn Dorna/FIM for killing 2T's - even Freddy Spencer in his prime - couldn't get his fat 4T Honda,
200 miles down the track quicker than the Roberts/Carruthers Yamaha 'special'!

No doubt in my mind, that'd be the case today too, if them bad ol' smokers weren't banned..