2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

loner wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 21:51
Alonso Fan wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 21:41

The top speeds from the race were definitely influenced by a tow. Almost half the field had a tow when recording their speed trap. Maybe even more than half the field.

And last, I never denied that Honda made progress they're definitely on terms with Renault or thereabouts it seems. Great work by them.

Thanks aral. About time too
i said (comparing with the midfield)
ok answer this if it wasn't on merit could they finish P4 after the RBR and Ferrari retires ?!!
you have no case here you do argue for arguing , i have no clue what yo want to prove!!
I don't want to prove anything. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm responding to your reply (which has been deleted) to my post in which you claimed I didn't give Honda credit and you assumed wrongly that I made an excuse for their improvement in my comment about the tow. I was just being realistic and stating facts. If you can't see that then you need help
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

McMika98

Just had a little lightbulb moment, the team clearly do not understand the ultrasoft working range. Didnt really use it in testing and now struggling to optimise on it during races. In Aust, issues with overheating tyres in slow twisty final sector, losing traction and now in China losing traction in high and medium speed corners. Hartley was slower than Gasly on mediums at the first phase of race even with high track, ambient temps and little to no wind. I dont buy the wind issues, its the tyre op range they need to optimise the setup with. Bahrain did not feature US so no issues with SS tyres there and the laptimes were promising.
Baku will be interesting, ambient temps will be lower than last years but the track is very kind on tyres. Hopefully they understand the US better but still stock up SS which is only marginally slower. I think the track will suit the engine much more, the long straight is after a lot of slow corners and the deployment has been good so far.

GhostF1

Alonso Fan wrote:
P4 on merit? It required two red bull's and a ferrari to retire.

The top speeds from the race were definitely influenced by a tow. Almost half the field had a tow when recording their speed trap. Maybe even more than half the field.

And last, I never denied that Honda made progress they're definitely on terms with Renault or thereabouts it seems. Great work by them.

P4 obviously thanks to the retirements, but best of the rest on merit for sure. It was a stellar weekend for them.

Alonso Fan

GhostF1 wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 05:49
Alonso Fan wrote:
P4 on merit? It required two red bull's and a ferrari to retire.

P4 obviously thanks to the retirements, but best of the rest on merit for sure. It was a stellar weekend for them.
Absolutely
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

techman

the p4 was due to luck and TR boys helped them . they would not have got a single point. they were not best of the rest. other were quicker but luck gave the p4 position. just like gaslys bahrain performance , was also due to some luck.that safety car came at the right time for them

Ground Effect

Does anybody know the scope of upgrades for Baku?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

HPD

Who said there will be an upgrades for the Baku GP?
Any link to read the news?

Ground Effect

HPD wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 13:25
I believe Hartley had mentioned it in one an interview, I can't remember if it was a post qualifying/race round up. But I think it's been mentioned. From what I remember, it's aero updates.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

HPD

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 13:40
I believe Hartley had mentioned it in one an interview, I can't remember if it was a post qualifying/race round up. But I think it's been mentioned. From what I remember, it's aero updates.
ok thanks @Ground Effect

Singabule

Do you mean FW with one less flap or shallow RW? It is not update, it must. I dont think unless TR create smaller GB they can improve diffuser efficiency a lot. Bargeboard and tea tray is possible next update.

Marti_EF3

Instead of the "maybe" Bakú upgrade, they have said something about Barcelona? Because almost everyone will bring updates there... And with the current package it will be a hard track for them

loner

HPD wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 13:25
Hartley said there will be aero upgrade in April (Japanese site) well actually the sharpen rear already raced in Bahrain it was even great they could do it in less than 2 weeks after Australia , i didn't even know till China
when LuisFeF1 said:
LuisFeF1 wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 13:10
V3 is a new engine cover. Not seen before.
Toro Rosso used it in the Bahrain race.
was it the upgrade or there will be update in Baku ?!!
then techman said:
techman wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 14:12
i heard frank tost saying about an aero update for baku. i believe this was the big update brandon was talking about . so cant for it.
and since STR-Honda tend to keep low profile i doubt we will know before the cars shows next Wednesday
para bellum.

McMika98

Every team will be running a low downforce/drag aero in Baku, so dont hold your breadth, its not the type of aero update they need. The issue has been generating consistent downforce that can keep the tyres in operating window. They really need to understand the US tyres, hoping they do a sim with US and SS. They should have gone for 1 soft tyres in Baku instead of 2 but then its looking like the temps will be quite low similar to China.

rogazilla

A lot can improve for this chassis that doesn’t have to be a Baku special

techman

how much of an improvement the chassis will bring to baku is a big question. i hear it a big update and i belive one area they will bring someting new is the bargeboard and sidepod turning vanes. which looks like last years.