Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

You know, it would be rather interesting should Kimi simply be contractually replaced by DannyRic for 2019, and by the end of 2018 Vettel, when not close to the title anymore as it goes to either Ham/Bot/Ric/Ver/whoever he pulls a similar trick when he suddenly ditched RedBull for Ferrari, he's gonna simply ditch F1 alltogether. Would leave Ferrari in a precarious situation
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 22:45
You know, it would be rather interesting should Kimi simply be contractually replaced by DannyRic for 2019, and by the end of 2018 Vettel, when not close to the title anymore as it goes to either Ham/Bot/Ric/Ver/whoever he pulls a similar trick when he suddenly ditched RedBull for Ferrari, he's gonna simply ditch F1 alltogether. Would leave Ferrari in a precarious situation
I assume they would then just go with DR and KR for 2019 and try for one of the top 4 for the following year.
Ferrari have huge pull ( call it bribe power if you like ) with the lower order so could always pull a top-mid field driver for a season or two. RoGro for instance would probably do well as a Ferrari no 2 as would 3 or 4 other consistent drivers.
I also suspect that if they asked Verstappen to turn up for a job interview, any relationship to Red Bull would be out the window.
The contracts recognition board would need to be placated, but Ferrari have deep pockets.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Vettel165

Oh dear another ANTI-VETTEL threat, no way I will post here. Some of you guys are just being silly, Seb had a lot of issues in 2014, Daniel had a much more reliable car. Seb retired in Australia, Monaco, Austria (engine failed) and had many more issues with engine,gearbox in that season. He had no motivation after his 4 titles, and with being in a car that could not fight for the title, he just wasnt giving his best, the same might be happening with Lewis now. Its all in the head in racing. Both Lewis,Vettel are worthy of their 4 WDC. They dominated this decade, I dont care if they were in the best cars, every driver that won the title was in the best car, or equal to the best.

AJI
AJI

Vettel165 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 23:37
Oh dear another ANTI-VETTEL threat, no way I will post here. Some of you guys are just being silly, Seb had a lot of issues in 2014, Daniel had a much more reliable car. Seb retired in Australia, Monaco, Austria (engine failed) and had many more issues with engine,gearbox in that season. He had no motivation after his 4 titles, and with being in a car that could not fight for the title, he just wasnt giving his best, the same might be happening with Lewis now. Its all in the head in racing. Both Lewis,Vettel are worthy of their 4 WDC. They dominated this decade, I dont care if they were in the best cars, every driver that won the title was in the best car, or equal to the best.
So there should be absolutely no problem with RIC joining Ferrari next year.

Manoah2u

Vettel165 wrote:
oh get your head out of it. this is not at all an anti-vettel thread at all.
people discussing a possibility of vettel not participating doesn't make it anti-vettel.

seriously, act normal. i enjoy his racing and have respect. likewise one should also be open to discuss a potential hamilton retirement. for the love of god, don't overreact. #-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

notsofast

If it's true that Ricciardo is going to Ferrari, then my guess would be that Vettel already privately announced his retirement from the sport to Ferrari management. They would just be saying that Danny is replacing Kimi in order to keep everything under wraps.

GPR-A duplicate2

I see a very simple transaction occurring for next year and nothing earth shattering! Ricciardo signs for Mercedes and Bottas moves to Ferrari. One Finn replacing another at Ferrari (entirely plausible as Ferrari did try for Bottas some time back, where Williams did not let go of their best driver), doesn't disturb the order at Ferrari and the world would be a beautiful place, as it is!

-
Vettel165 wrote:
He had no motivation after his 4 titles, and with being in a car that could not fight for the title, he just wasnt giving his best, the same might be happening with Lewis now.
In 2017, at the end of 3 races last season, Hamilton trailed Vettel by 7 points.
In 2018, at the end of 3 races, Hamilton trailing Vettel by 9 points.
-Hamilton got pole by a big margin in Melbourne and true to his record in Australia, he didn't won that GP! Nothing surprising!
-Unlike last year, he got a Gear Box penalty in Bahrain, which is not exactly surprising either, considering his record of reliability issues in all these years (except for 2015 and 2017) for the season start flyaways.

Vettel165

Yeah I was a little bit all over the place last night, maybe I overreacted. It is what it is, would love Ricciardo in Ferrari, he is a good guy with fantastic personality. Both Seb, Ricciardo would be a dream team, but in a winning car I think Seb would prevail, in a little bit slower one Ricciardo should had a small edge. Maybe I am delusional, but I would love Kevin Magnussen in Ferrari. After this year I cheer for him after Seb, and he is also "down to earth" guy as Seb.
What I would love the most is Hamilton, Vettel in a Mercedes. Imagine them fighting with a equal car, I wont care if Hamilton would came at the top, but in this alternate history I wouldnt know what would happen.

About silly season, Vettel will leave the Ferrari in the end of 2019, and will join a new force called Mercedes-Porsche -Petronas with a Honda engine (Hamilton as his team-mate).Pastor Maldonado (The legend and this time reborn with 0 crashes in his return in that season) would be joining the Ferrari, beside Ricciardo, and Ferrari will have a dominating car with Maldonado crowned as a world champion with 8 wins and 309 points. Mercedes-Porsche-Petronas-Honda with a second best car with Seb, Hamilton onboard manage to came second and third in the standings with both having 277 points. Alonso after his nightmare Mclaren years has join Red Bull, who are now having the third best car, finally snaches his first victory after 2013 season in Singapore sling 2019.
Last edited by Vettel165 on 26 Apr 2018, 08:36, edited 2 times in total.

Vettel165

GPR-A

Dont worry I am sure Hamilton will strike back strong. The Mercedes arent sleeping.

FrukostScones

all that RIC talk...
Merc dont need him, Ferrari dont need him.
Also RB best and perceived most casual team.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dodds_turbo

Vettel165 wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 08:23
Yeah I was a little bit all over the place last night, maybe I overreacted. It is what it is, would love Ricciardo in Ferrari, he is a good guy with fantastic personality. Both Seb, Ricciardo would be a dream team, but in a winning car I think Seb would prevail, in a little bit slower one Ricciardo should had a small edge. Maybe I am delusional, but I would love Kevin Magnussen in Ferrari. After this year I cheer for him after Seb, and he is also "down to earth" guy as Seb.
What I would love the most is Hamilton, Vettel in a Mercedes. Imagine them fighting with a equal car, I wont care if Hamilton would came at the top, but in this alternate history I wouldnt know what would happen.

About silly season, Vettel will leave the Ferrari in the end of 2019, and will join a new force called Mercedes-Porsche -Petronas with a Honda engine (Hamilton as his team-mate).Daniil 'Toperdo' Kvyat (The legend and this time reborn with 0 crashes in his return in that season) would be joining the Ferrari, beside Ricciardo, and Ferrari will have a dominating car with the 'Toperdo' crowned as a world champion with 8 wins and 309 points. Mercedes-Porsche-Petronas-Honda with a second best car with Seb, Hamilton onboard manage to came second and third in the standings with both having 277 points. Alonso after his nightmare Mclaren years has join Red Bull, who are now having the third best car, finally snaches his first victory after 2013 season in Singapore sling 2019.
Fixed that for you... :D

George-Jung

My guess;

Ricciardo wants to drive for Mercedes / against Lewis and the rumors are being spread by Ferrari- because they want Ricciardo.. and by spreading these rumors they try to destabilize the Merc - Ric negotiations..?

and.. to make things even better; Hamilton doesn’t want Ricciardo as a teammate and therefor the negotiations between Hamilton and Merc are going slowly, because Merc wants Ricciardo..?

Zynerji

Plot twist:

Ric and Ham goto STR-Honda to fight for the 2019 crown.

Jolle

I think the only two drivers who are really under contract are Verstappen and Vettel, both nicely integrated in their teams. I don't see Hamilton moving.

I do see Ric jump teams, Mercedes is a good chance, Hamilton likes him for starters. Ocon is also a big chance of course.

Will Raikkonen survive another season? leClerc might still be a bit too young. Perez seems logical, but if Mercedes changes their lineup, Bottas is free.

RedBull might have their first problem to fill the seat in a good way. Sainz is good, but so far not really a challenge. Gasly is also quite young, they don't want a second Kvyat. Bottas?

Renault would like to keep their drivers I think, although Alonso always could be an option.

As for McLaren, VanDoorne is a solid keeper. Not great so far, but a good second driver, not too many around of them any more. And the first spot: if he stays in F1: Alonso, else.... Raikkonen? or Grosjean?

the rest of the teams I guess it's all up to sponsors and stuff...

djos

Danny Ric denies signing any form of contract with anyone or even talking to Ferrari or Mercedes.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/04/27/ri ... t-ferrari/
“I’ve only had talks with Red Bull. Even already last year, we’ve been pretty open with each other, and through the media as well, I think everyone is aware they’re interested in keeping me,”
"In downforce we trust"