Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Zynerji wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 23:51
ScottB wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 23:41
Presumably Ericsson is fairly secure at Sauber as long as their Swedish owner is in play? Ferrari wanted Giovinazzi in there instead, so I imagine he’d get the nod of a seat came up?
After the China race, I could actually see Ericsson going to Ferrari to replace Raikkonen on a 2 year contract, and Giovinazzi replacing Ericsson at Sauber to get experience and measure head to head with LeClerc for the 2021 drive at the Scuderia.
in what alternative universe did you watch China's race? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Zynerji

Manoah2u wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 00:42
Zynerji wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 23:51
ScottB wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 23:41
Presumably Ericsson is fairly secure at Sauber as long as their Swedish owner is in play? Ferrari wanted Giovinazzi in there instead, so I imagine he’d get the nod of a seat came up?
After the China race, I could actually see Ericsson going to Ferrari to replace Raikkonen on a 2 year contract, and Giovinazzi replacing Ericsson at Sauber to get experience and measure head to head with LeClerc for the 2021 drive at the Scuderia.
in what alternative universe did you watch China's race? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
I meant Bahrain.

Fulcrum

I reckon Ericsson is more likely to become a travelling Ikea salesman than a Ferrari driver. One decent race doesn't count for that much, otherwise Pastor Maldonado would have his pick of Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari.

Phil

Fulcrum wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 07:06
I reckon Ericsson is more likely to become a travelling Ikea salesman than a Ferrari driver.
Lol. Post of the topic. By far. =D> :oops: :lol:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

zac510

Whenever someone writes "I could see" , I just imagine them rubbing a crystal ball next to their keyboard to conjure up these images of the future of F1. It gives me hours of amusement.

Zynerji

I guess data driven foresight was never a strong point for you, then.

I've been in several large board meetings, and the best direction changes are normally introduced in this manner, from my experience.

mani517

Here are some silly transfers (pretty sure, none of these will happen)

1) Hamilton to RedBull alongside Verstappen (2 knives in one sheath -- Ricciardo moves to Merc on a swap deal)
2) Alonso to Renault (to finish his career in a competitive Renault, like his championship winning years)
3) Raikkonen to McLaren (like Alonso, he can finish his career with a the team that built his career in early stages)
4) Leclerc to Ferrari (Ferrari might want him to shadow Vettel, but, he'll most likely end-up pushing Vettel too hard -- like, Hamilton/Alonso in 2007)
5) Hulkenberg to Mercedes (he is a German and deserves a shot at a big team, Ricciardo and Hulk -- 2 solid/experienced drivers on a competitive car)
6) Bottas (undeservedly) chucked out of Mercedes, but, Williams takes him back (rookie errors and lack of driver input for car development forces them to find an experienced driver, with knowledge of Merc engine and his past with Williams, Bottas could be an easy fit)
7) Going one step further on Williams, they decide to go with 2 experienced drivers and line-up Kubica alongside Bottas

... wakes up and stops dreaming :D

zac510

Zynerji wrote:
01 May 2018, 01:56

I've been in several large board meetings, and the best direction changes are normally introduced in this manner, from my experience.
Data driven would include numerous pages of performance metrics comparing each driver in order to come up with an objective decision about which driver to keep/fire, no? When I see people write "I can see VES back to STR in Spain" they're not using any data, they're just writing their own imagination.

Although I fully respect this is the Silly Season thread and any crazy theories are perfectly welcome!

adrianjordan

mani517 wrote:
01 May 2018, 02:50
Here are some silly transfers (pretty sure, none of these will happen)

1) Hamilton to RedBull alongside Verstappen (2 knives in one sheath -- Ricciardo moves to Merc on a swap deal)
2) Alonso to Renault (to finish his career in a competitive Renault, like his championship winning years)
3) Raikkonen to McLaren (like Alonso, he can finish his career with a the team that built his career in early stages)
4) Leclerc to Ferrari (Ferrari might want him to shadow Vettel, but, he'll most likely end-up pushing Vettel too hard -- like, Hamilton/Alonso in 2007)
5) Hulkenberg to Mercedes (he is a German and deserves a shot at a big team, Ricciardo and Hulk -- 2 solid/experienced drivers on a competitive car)
6) Bottas (undeservedly) chucked out of Mercedes, but, Williams takes him back (rookie errors and lack of driver input for car development forces them to find an experienced driver, with knowledge of Merc engine and his past with Williams, Bottas could be an easy fit)
7) Going one step further on Williams, they decide to go with 2 experienced drivers and line-up Kubica alongside Bottas

... wakes up and stops dreaming :D
Knowing Alonso's luck if your scenario panned out, Mclaren would be in the hunt for the titles and Renault would have an off year...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Zynerji

zac510 wrote:
01 May 2018, 08:30
Zynerji wrote:

Data driven would include numerous pages of performance metrics comparing each driver in order to come up with an objective decision about which driver to keep/fire, no? When I see people write "I can see VES back to STR in Spain" they're not using any data, they're just writing their own imagination.

Although I fully respect this is the Silly Season thread and any crazy theories are perfectly welcome!
Actually, I'm using the Kvyat data.

Whay data are you using?

zac510

Well then you should cite that data in your internet post, to prove you're using it and provide extra justification for your silly season prediction, just like you would in a board meeting!

GPR-A duplicate2

Zynerji wrote:
01 May 2018, 14:24
zac510 wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

Whay data are you using?
How many races did Kvyat won?
How many podiums?
How many times he out qualified Ric?
What was the average difference in performance of out qualifying?
Now, how many wrecked races?

Not asking for a lot of data, like telemetry and all that kind of stuff. Some simple questions. I am trying to understand, how RB would be using Kvyat's case to measure Verstappen.

zac510

By the way my comment about the crystal ball was entirely facetious - I totally respect that this is the right thread for completely baseless predictions, but I also really do imagine forum users rubbing crystal balls in front of their computer!

Zynerji

GPR-A wrote:
01 May 2018, 14:34
Zynerji wrote:
01 May 2018, 14:24
zac510 wrote:

Whay data are you using?
How many races did Kvyat won?
How many podiums?
How many times he out qualified Ric?
What was the average difference in performance of out qualifying?
Now, how many wrecked races?

Not asking for a lot of data, like telemetry and all that kind of stuff. Some simple questions.
HOW DID MARKO REACT?

Most important metric in this situation.

adrianjordan

zac510 wrote:
01 May 2018, 14:36
By the way my comment about the crystal ball was entirely facetious - I totally respect that this is the right thread for completely baseless predictions, but I also really do imagine forum users rubbing crystal balls in front of their computer!
What you imagine other users rubbing in front of the screen is your business 😉😉
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️