Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zynerji

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

You really think there is zero correlation between Kvyat and Verstappen?

That is the historical data that RBR and Marko have in the public domain.

Jolle

Zynerji wrote:
02 May 2018, 00:39

None. Kvyat wasn’t fast enough and didn’t develop anymore.

With VER they have to work on his stupid mistakes or his balance, if they do, in the right car, he will be the next superstar.

Just look at Vettel last year, 4 times WC, lots of silly unnecessary mistakes and nobody called for putting him in a HAAS.

Just a few knocks around his head from Marko and he’ll be fine.

Zynerji

Jolle wrote:
02 May 2018, 11:38
Zynerji wrote:

Kvyat was fast enough to be on the podium the race before his demotion.

Max isn't even performing as well as Kvyat was when it happened. Why is it so different?

Jolle

Zynerji wrote:
02 May 2018, 13:58
Jolle wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

Max isn't even performing as well as Kvyat was when it happened. Why is it so different?
Raw speed (the ability to be faster then his teammate during qualifying), the progression in speed and adaptability over the seasons (which is one of the main reasons RedBull follow their drivers so closely) and the sometimes brilliant over takes he makes (when he doesn't F it up)

Kvyat was a rising star during his STR year but didn't develop (enough) in the RedBull and was never really a match for RIC.

VER had the Q upper hand over SAI and over RIC (although slightly) since the second half of the 2016 season. VER is also the first RedBull driver to win a race with the Merc's running without difficulty.

So the biggest difference between KVY and VER, is that VER isn't at the end of his learning curve, KVY was.

RedBull will be reflecting the hell out of the last few GP's with VER.

Teaching/coaching someone to go slower and milder is a lot better to do then to make someone more aggressive and faster.

Big Tea

I like max, but I think his drawbacks are due to his strengths. He has been a front runner from the very start of his career and no doubt other drivers have shown him (earned) deference.
Now he is in with real peers he probably still feels he is better than the rest, but they do not. I also think that lately some drivers are making it plain to Max that they will not back off in a give-or-crash situation. Additionally, Max is of the 'game over, press F9 to restart' generation rather than the 'OH F... this is going to hurt' generation. ( which many are now of course )

His Dad is still there after having a ' boisterous ' career so maybe not as aware of the possibilities as he may have been, right from the beginning.

Now I understand both these points are my personal opinion, but they are still my opinion.

To make it worse I also hope he does not calm down too much, or he will soon be the unchallenged champion year after year and the best hope for another winner is him binning it (also my opinion :D )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

F1NAC

Jörg Zander is set to leave Sauber F1 team

Gaz.

Jolle wrote:
02 May 2018, 14:24
Zynerji wrote:
02 May 2018, 13:58
Jolle wrote:

Raw speed (the ability to be faster then his teammate during qualifying), the progression in speed and adaptability over the seasons (which is one of the main reasons RedBull follow their drivers so closely) and the sometimes brilliant over takes he makes (when he doesn't F it up)

Kvyat was a rising star during his STR year but didn't develop (enough) in the RedBull and was never really a match for RIC.

VER had the Q upper hand over SAI and over RIC (although slightly) since the second half of the 2016 season. VER is also the first RedBull driver to win a race with the Merc's running without difficulty.

So the biggest difference between KVY and VER, is that VER isn't at the end of his learning curve, KVY was.

Teaching/coaching someone to go slower and milder is a lot better to do then to make someone more aggressive and faster.
It's his fourth season in F1, if he was going to calm down he'd have done it by now. Just about the only thing that may calm him down is an air ambulance ride to a major trauma unit. Even the significant points lost from these four races will have no effect. I like Max, he brings excitement into the sport, we even named our new puppy after him as he is bonkers, flat out and like walking an explosion but Max's hot headedness has cost himself a staggering amount of points, he'd be right in the mix if he had taken a chill pill or four.
Forza Jules

djos

Jolle wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall Dan being the fastest RedBull driver that weekend and in the box seat for that win until RedBull screwed him over and gave Max a strategy that leap fogged Dan and handed him the win.
"In downforce we trust"

Jolle

djos wrote:
03 May 2018, 00:12
Jolle wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall Dan being the fastest RedBull driver that weekend and in the box seat for that win until RedBull screwed him over and gave Max a strategy that leap fogged Dan and handed him the win.
Mal 2017. And at Suzuka he was close as well. In Mex he won without much difficulty because he was the only one who came out unscaved with the first few corners wheel and wing banging.

Manoah2u

geesh, this is silly season thread, not another max bashing thread.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Steven
Owner

Guys, can we please stick to the topic?
This thread is about people moving teams, not comparing drivers.

I'll leave the above posts up, but let's end it here, shall we?

Vasconia

F1NAC wrote:
02 May 2018, 18:02
Any official explanation about it?

F1NAC

Vasconia wrote:
04 May 2018, 12:43
F1NAC wrote:
Nope
Sauber have parted company with technical director Jorg Zander.

The Swiss team gave no reason for the German's departure, but said it was with "immediate effect".

Vasconia

F1NAC wrote:
04 May 2018, 14:34
Vasconia wrote:
04 May 2018, 12:43
F1NAC wrote:
Nope
Sauber have parted company with technical director Jorg Zander.

The Swiss team gave no reason for the German's departure, but said it was with "immediate effect".
Not a good thing during an omgoing season. #-o

Manoah2u

there's some talk now it's having to do with alcohol(ism). whether it has any truth, i have no idea.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"