2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
makecry

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

Alonso Fan wrote:
13 May 2018, 21:04
loner wrote:
13 May 2018, 17:10
Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 May 2018, 16:56
The good thing I can take so far from this year is that ditching Honda was the correct move. So far they are getting wrecked. That is as clear as a sunny day.

So far our reliability is one of the best.
you guys won't wake up ever ?!!
the PU not the problem currently its the mediocrity of your team, here gone the Spanish GP and you get lapped REALITY CHECK EVER ?!!
Just stop it. Stop baiting. You did it on the Toro Rosso thread and now you're at it on here. Aral warned you once already.
Stop getting baited. The easiest way to deal with an obvious troll is to ignore them. Now that you responded to him, he will respond back. Trolls feed on --- like this, ignoring them is always the best course of action.

Alonso Fan

RonDennis wrote:
13 May 2018, 20:23
You guys are just expecting too much, Red Bull has about 150 more staff than McLaren.
I agree. But there is only so much you can extract from these regulations. I'd like to think that the top three teams will starr hitting the limits pretty soon.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

makecry wrote:
13 May 2018, 21:07
Alonso Fan wrote:
loner wrote:
13 May 2018, 17:10

you guys won't wake up ever ?!!
the PU not the problem currently its the mediocrity of your team, here gone the Spanish GP and you get lapped REALITY CHECK EVER ?!!
Just stop it. Stop baiting. You did it on the Toro Rosso thread and now you're at it on here. Aral warned you once already.
Stop getting baited. The easiest way to deal with an obvious troll is to ignore them. Now that you responded to him, he will respond back. Trolls feed on --- like this, ignoring them is always the best course of action.
You are correct of course. But doesn't it grind your gears?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

PhillipM

I don't know why they don't just ban his ass.

makecry

Alonso Fan wrote:
13 May 2018, 21:10
makecry wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

It frustrates me that people can be so thick but I know better than to feed them and let them thrive.

Alonso Fan

makecry wrote:
13 May 2018, 21:43
Alonso Fan wrote:
makecry wrote:

It frustrates me that people can be so thick but I know better than to feed them and let them thrive.
Good to know
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

makecry

Alonso Fan wrote:
13 May 2018, 21:47
makecry wrote:
13 May 2018, 21:43
Alonso Fan wrote:

Good to know
Once you ignore them, they will realize no one gives a fark about them and then they stop.

radosav

http://en.mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page ... Sainz%20Jr.
Strange race. Alo's pace was under 1.21 last few laps, sainz didn't have any under 1.21. but its doesnt mean anything.

Alonso Fan

radosav wrote:
13 May 2018, 22:34
http://en.mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page ... Sainz%20Jr.
Strange race. Alo's pace was under 1.21 last few laps, sainz didn't have any under 1.21. but its doesnt mean anything.
Sainz was having issues. Also it seems as though Alonso saved fuel and then gave it everything at the end.

Also. I read that these low tread tyres will be back for the French and British GPs
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

BrunoH

A normal race for Mclaren to be honest, there is no magical updates as said before. there are 2 championships, the top 3 teams are in one, and then the rest. and Mclaren seems behind Haas and Renault.

BrunoH

Dear proteus :
Well i think that Mclaren has not made any big progress in comparison with other teams, Maybe you have seen a different race? also the Bully mentality does not make you more right or wrong.. Im a Mclaren fan, but im not blind, the team is Average these days, Alonso is super and makes things look better than they are... with Normal drivers they wold be way down ( we have Stoffel for comparison ) my post was about the now and what happening now! not about ranting or bullying others like you.
i dont see any contribution in regards to the Team or te topic from your part on your post, its not a Rant its reality, a Rant is what you did... getting old... you look like an Apple fan boy that cannot accept there is better things out there....
i wish Mclaren were better but they are not. so maybe you make a new topic like you suggest and go bully who ever you want but were here to speak about Mclaren team and what they are doing right and wrong. not only the good, but also the bad or the average.
regards.

by proteus » 12 May 2018, 20:00
I wonder what is STR doing wrong with their monstrous engine then...same comments over and over again and again and again...How on earth cant we leave the past behind and focus what is happening now? The progress is aparent, the cause of their disastrous results in last 3 years as well, but bashing is still going on and on and on...
In the end, u people are same as EB, or ZB or some other guy who claimed they had the best chasis. But youre statements are about the best drag in the field, and not enough progress, and not Hondas fault, and all about Mclarens fault, and terrible chasis, etc....
Just stop it, for the sake of the forum. Or atleast make a new tread and rant over there with people with similar or same interests, while i (and probably some of other people as well) will be enjoying a tread without same posts after every update and result....

RonDennis

BrunoH wrote:
13 May 2018, 23:29
Dear proteus :
Well i think that Mclaren has not made any big progress in comparison with other teams, Maybe you have seen a different race? also the Bully mentality does not make you more right or wrong.. Im a Mclaren fan, but im not blind, the team is Average these days, Alonso is super and makes things look better than they are... with Normal drivers they wold be way down ( we have Stoffel for comparison ) my post was about the now and what happening now! not about ranting or bullying others like you.
i dont see any contribution in regards to the Team or te topic from your part on your post, its not a Rant its reality, a Rant is what you did... getting old... you look like an Apple fan boy that cannot accept there is better things out there....
i wish Mclaren were better but they are not. so maybe you make a new topic like you suggest and go bully who ever you want but were here to speak about Mclaren team and what they are doing right and wrong. not only the good, but also the bad or the average.
regards.

by proteus » 12 May 2018, 20:00
I wonder what is STR doing wrong with their monstrous engine then...same comments over and over again and again and again...How on earth cant we leave the past behind and focus what is happening now? The progress is aparent, the cause of their disastrous results in last 3 years as well, but bashing is still going on and on and on...
In the end, u people are same as EB, or ZB or some other guy who claimed they had the best chasis. But youre statements are about the best drag in the field, and not enough progress, and not Hondas fault, and all about Mclarens fault, and terrible chasis, etc....
Just stop it, for the sake of the forum. Or atleast make a new tread and rant over there with people with similar or same interests, while i (and probably some of other people as well) will be enjoying a tread without same posts after every update and result....
I agree, if you are critical you're automatically a McLaren hater, which makes no sense at all. I wish McLaren was doing better, but without a budget cap or a big new sponsor deal, I don't see them fighting with the top three. After all those comments made by McLaren last year, their pace is just disappointing. This is place to talk about the team and that also includes comments that are critical.

GhostF1

Ignoring the Honda factor here. But looking at a team who brought no updates (TR) to McLaren who brought a significant update.

Qualifying:
Gasly (TR) - 1:18.463
Vandoorne (McL) - 1:18.323

Probably worth acknowledging considering its Quali and everyone will be running their ideal one lap setup..
I think we need another GP or two to see what this update has brought. At the moment. Kind of hard to be super impressed which sucks. We've been hearing about this thing since Australia.

PhillipM

We need to wait and see, Alonso did pretty much the same time on SS, S, M through qualifying - they obviously struggled with the new tyres, as did many teams.

RonDennis

GhostF1 wrote:
14 May 2018, 00:05
Ignoring the Honda factor here. But looking at a team who brought no updates (TR) to McLaren who brought a significant update.

Qualifying:
Gasly (TR) - 1:18.463
Vandoorne (McL) - 1:18.323

Probably worth acknowledging considering its Quali and everyone will be running their ideal one lap setup..
I think we need another GP or two to see what this update has brought. At the moment. Kind of hard to be super impressed which sucks. We've been hearing about this thing since Australia.
The problem with the Honda wasn't 1 lap pace, but efficiency.