2018 TT

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Edax

Re: 2018 TT

Nonserviam85 wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 15:38
Andres125sx wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 08:56
J.A.W. wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 05:56
C'mon guys.. enough with all the - 'these guys are fully pathological!' - hype, already.. huh..

Why not just give them due credit - for steely-nerved riding talent, high-speed concentration & memory skills.
Because nowadays nobody need to risk his life so blatantly to prove steely-nerved riding talent, high-speed concentration & memory skills

It´s more a matter of look at me people, I´m a macho man with no fear/brain

To demostrate talent there are much better scenarios, there´s a reason no top driver race at TT

Anycase I still admire them and would love to go there and watch a race sometime
The only reason top drivers not participating is because sponsors and teams don't allow them to do so. I bet many of the top drivers would love to participate just like the old days when Isle of Man TT was part of the world championship. The Isle of Man resembles a lot to Nürburgring, it is just too dangerous to race by modern standards.
I think there is a difference between the two. Nurburgring is being raced actively. But due to increased safety measures the number of fatalities has dropped tremendously over the years.

Yet the Snaefell is claiming as many lives each year as it did at the beginning of last century.

I can understand that people want to race the circuit. But I cannot understand why the organisation does not do anything to make the circuit safer. It is not like for instance removing a few poles makes the racing less exciting.

Nonserviam85

Edax wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 00:50
Nonserviam85 wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 15:38
Andres125sx wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 08:56

Because nowadays nobody need to risk his life so blatantly to prove steely-nerved riding talent, high-speed concentration & memory skills

It´s more a matter of look at me people, I´m a macho man with no fear/brain

To demostrate talent there are much better scenarios, there´s a reason no top driver race at TT

Anycase I still admire them and would love to go there and watch a race sometime
The only reason top drivers not participating is because sponsors and teams don't allow them to do so. I bet many of the top drivers would love to participate just like the old days when Isle of Man TT was part of the world championship. The Isle of Man resembles a lot to Nürburgring, it is just too dangerous to race by modern standards.
I think there is a difference between the two. Nurburgring is being raced actively. But due to increased safety measures the number of fatalities has dropped tremendously over the years.

Yet the Snaefell is claiming as many lives each year as it did at the beginning of last century.

I can understand that people want to race the circuit. But I cannot understand why the organisation does not do anything to make the circuit safer. It is not like for instance removing a few poles makes the racing less exciting.
I think the answer to that is the limited funds that the Isle of Man can provide. Nurburgring is a cash factory now and generates high income to invest on the track.

And besides it is very difficult to make the TT route through the city safer.

strad

By the way I confused two retirements. It wasn't Dean Kawasaki that started misfiring.
Found out today that indeed it was not Dean's Kawasaki that let him down but rather the clutch. Aftermarket no doubt. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

The TT is as it has been and should be.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Sir Stirling Moss

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 10:01
Andres.
Dude, seriously.. what gives you the hubris to even imagine..(let alone broadcast)..
your emotive "Feelings" - on a technical forum - or expect that they'd be of the slightest interest.. to anyone else here?
Freedom of expression. Sorry if you don´t like it but I´ll continue using it :roll:

J.A.W.

Andres125sx wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 08:57
J.A.W. wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 10:01
Andres.
Dude, seriously.. what gives you the hubris to even imagine..(let alone broadcast)..
your emotive "Feelings" - on a technical forum - or expect that they'd be of the slightest interest.. to anyone else here?
Freedom of expression. Sorry if you don´t like it but I´ll continue using it :roll:
& so.. now you claim.. your vindictive downvoting.. is "Freedom of expression."

Its - (almost) "sorry" enough - to deserve a 'roll eyes' emoji! L.o.l...
Try & stay on topic/technical focus.. can you.. Andres..

Say.. how are the 'one lap wonders' (electric bikes) going?
Are they besting lap records too?

Edit/Addit: Kudos to the fairminded member.. who cast an upvote & cancelled out the malignant narcissism..
Last edited by J.A.W. on 09 Jun 2018, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 11:43
& so.. now you claim.. your vindictive downvoting.. is "Freedom of expression."
Wrong, you should pay more attention JAW. I claim expressing my feelings is freedom of expression. Downvoting is using F1T tools, so once again sorry if you don´t like it, but I will also continue using it when I think it´s appropiate

Keep technical and on topic and specially stop trying to needle me and you won´t receive any more. I´ve even upvote you several times when the message deserve it, but the same way I downvote you when deserved. Same with smilies, words only provide limited information, but cannot transmit the same as a face to face conversation where gestures or intonation may provide even more information than words. That´s not present on written forums, so that added to my limited english makes me a regular user of smilies, I think they´re very useful. Once again, sorry if you don´t like it but I´ll continue using them, deal with it man

J.A.W. wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 11:43
Say.. how are the 'one lap wonders' (electric bikes) going?
Are they besting lap records too?
You should know better than me, I´m not following TT closely. You don´t know? Or you were just trying to pester me once again since you know I´m an electric vehicles fan?

strad

I haven't seen or heard anything about the electrics.
Sir Stirling Moss

bdr529

strad wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 20:06
That's because their really quiet. :wink: TT ZERO 2018 flybys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl64ZKHVRxQ
They raced on Wed. Michael Rutter won
https://www.iomtt.com/news/2018/06/06/m ... s-ses-zero

strad

Thanks but I probably have it on my DVR. I'm wading through them one at a time.
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Sir Stirling Moss

J.A.W.

bdr529 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 20:54
strad wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 20:06
That's because their really quiet. :wink: TT ZERO 2018 flybys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl64ZKHVRxQ
They raced on Wed. Michael Rutter won
https://www.iomtt.com/news/2018/06/06/m ... s-ses-zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlrYwa1uCNA
Ta for the post guys.. & excellent effort by Rutter to score a new lap record, esp' after only 1 practice lap..

Good to see the relevant data-link/technical input - instead of petulant emo-trolling..
(& that.. amazingly.. coming from.. a putative electro-fan!)
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

bdr529

Not sure if anyone caught this in the Senior TT race
James Hillier going through Barregarrow, he's the 2nd bike @ :20sec