2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
alexa

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

After dumping Honda ,hiring Ricardo would be next stupid move,I can't believe it.What's wrong with Lando why not him ,this kid is more then ready to go racing he is next LH.

PinkFloydPulse

makecry wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 08:24
The fact that some people think that a multibillion company would let go of $700mil deal with the world's largest manufacturer of ICEs to please a 36 year old driver with 2-3 years left in F1 is farking laughable. I mean cmon, just use logic.
There is no logic with techman... he just keeps blabbering without logic and sense. You should put him on your ignore list as I did and enjoy life on the forum without banging your head about his posts. Back on topic: I really feel Alonso is out for 2019 to pursue Indy... That’s the final thing missing for his triple crown. So probably take 2019 as adjustment year and start winning some races if he gets good reliable machinery and 2020 full on attack on the 500. McLaren will miss him for sure but will probably have a bit less presure in having a competitive car when they will not have competitive drivers..
Team Fernando!

FLuidd

Mclaren going for ricciardo only makes sense if Fernando is leaving for indy.

Dipesh1995

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... -work.html

Written by McEvoy so likely to be complete BS but yeah......

mclaren111

Andres125sx wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 17:12
mclaren111 wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 15:27
Andrew Benson:
A stat or two at the one-third point of the season: Fastest car, taking average of each team's fastest lap of a weekend: Ferrari. Mercedes +0.052; Red Bull +0.294; Renault +1.316; Force India +1.645; Has +1.764; McLaren +1.908; Toro Rosso +2.141; Sauber +2.564; Williams +2.659

Ouch :wink:

Hope we have a good weekend !!
And you buy McLaren is 6 tenths down Renault?

Not even in saturdays IMO

It's our qualifying pace.

Ground Effect

Does anybody know if they're bringing any updates?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Vasconia

alexa wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 09:00
After dumping Honda ,hiring Ricardo would be next stupid move,I can't believe it.What's wrong with Lando why not him ,this kid is more then ready to go racing he is next LH.
The stupid move would be for Ricciardo, RB is a better option while other good doors are not open(Mercedes, Ferrari).

Anyway, McLaren should put Lando in the second car in 2019, that´s sure.

RonDennis

alexa wrote:
Norris will drive next year, the only question is who will be next to him.

techman wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 06:37
If they really decided to remove honda because of Alonso personal view and not by actual numbers and facts, then they should stop calling themselves a racing team. Their engineers should resign right now.
i dont know if you heard this but zak mentioned last year when they signed with renault, he said if the renault was in their car, thier simulations showed they were ahead in some races compared to redbull. personally thats got to show two things. either their simulation are wrong or they just like to hype themselves up. dont always belive what their engineers tell you.
It seems that they just believed what their engineers told them. Hyping themselves up doesn't make any sense, since leaving Honda would be costing them tenths of millions yearly.

Dipesh1995 wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 09:18

Sadly I wouldn't even be surprised if it's true.

Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 10:39
alexa wrote:
Norris will drive next year, the only question is who will be next to him.

techman wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 06:37
If they really decided to remove honda because of Alonso personal view and not by actual numbers and facts, then they should stop calling themselves a racing team. Their engineers should resign right now.
i dont know if you heard this but zak mentioned last year when they signed with renault, he said if the renault was in their car, thier simulations showed they were ahead in some races compared to redbull. personally thats got to show two things. either their simulation are wrong or they just like to hype themselves up. dont always belive what their engineers tell you.
It seems that they just believed what their engineers told them. Hyping themselves up doesn't make any sense, since leaving Honda would be costing them tenths of millions yearly.

Dipesh1995 wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 09:18

Sadly I wouldn't even be surprised if it's true.
If it's not reported elsewhere, then it's likely not true, they're not called the Daily Fail for nothing.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

dren

Ouch if true:
The anonymous source claimed executives even appealed to staff to build prototypes out of wood if they had any ideas how to improve their sub-standard car.

Some of the staff planned to take their grievances to former team principal Martin Whitmarsh. (We have heard this happened, Mclaren even put out a press release about it)

‘That shows how clueless they are,’ added the employee. ‘They told us at the post-Canadian Grand Prix debrief that they knew what was wrong with the car but not how to fix it. They ask us when they are on six-figure salaries.

‘We call four of the management the “Untouchables”. There is Eric Boullier, racing director, Matt Morris, chief engineer, Simon Roberts, chief operating officer, and David Probyn, operations director. Some of them just walk about chatting. We have no respect for them. People are beginning to boycott the debriefs because they are a joke. The atmosphere is toxic. We would like to go on strike but people fear for their jobs.’
Honda!

johnny vee

dren wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 12:24
Ouch if true:
The anonymous source claimed executives even appealed to staff to build prototypes out of wood if they had any ideas how to improve their sub-standard car.

Some of the staff planned to take their grievances to former team principal Martin Whitmarsh. (We have heard this happened, Mclaren even put out a press release about it)

‘That shows how clueless they are,’ added the employee. ‘They told us at the post-Canadian Grand Prix debrief that they knew what was wrong with the car but not how to fix it. They ask us when they are on six-figure salaries.

‘We call four of the management the “Untouchables”. There is Eric Boullier, racing director, Matt Morris, chief engineer, Simon Roberts, chief operating officer, and David Probyn, operations director. Some of them just walk about chatting. We have no respect for them. People are beginning to boycott the debriefs because they are a joke. The atmosphere is toxic. We would like to go on strike but people fear for their jobs.’
Yeah, I saw this come up on pitpass.com just now. I hope its not true but if it is....what is happening at Mclaren?

https://www.pitpass.com/62082/Sweets-le ... at-McLaren
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

BrunoH

well, its reality kicking in.

I also have a feeling they have no clue to whats wrong with the car and or how to fix it.

obviously nobody can be happy with that at this level.

RonDennis

Good pace so far.

RonDennis

johnny vee wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 13:03
dren wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 12:24
Ouch if true:

Yeah, I saw this come up on pitpass.com just now. I hope its not true but if it is....what is happening at Mclaren?

https://www.pitpass.com/62082/Sweets-le ... at-McLaren
Somebody is cleary starting a campaign.

godlameroso

RonDennis wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 13:59
Good pace so far.
Yep back of the field.
Saishū kōnā