Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Phil

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

I honestly dont think it matters much what Lewis or Vettel think. Hamilton is probably out in 2 years. A driver like Leclerc could be the next star for years to come. If they dont grab him now, he will be surely contractually binded for at least 3 years. Could they get him in 3? Who knows.

Anyway, i dont think they could buy him out. They might offer, so i think Ferrari will bite the bullet and put him alongside Vettel in place of Kimi.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

rscsr

NL_Fer wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 20:05
LeClerc taking either Raikkonen or Grosjeans place. But how about Erikson, not worth keeping for speed, but is Sauber starting with 2 new drivers?
His sponsors are paying the bills. So he will most likely stay where he is.

Sevach

NL_Fer wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 20:05
LeClerc taking either Raikkonen or Grosjeans place. But how about Erikson, not worth keeping for speed, but is Sauber starting with 2 new drivers?
He doesn't deserve to have a seat, most likely he will keep it for money reasons.

Manoah2u

Pretty guaranteed grosjean the fail will be out at the end of this season. Preferably next race, but well, that won't happen.

If LeClerc can't go to Ferrari, i think it's pretty much a guarantee he'll end up @ Haas next year.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 22:54
Pretty guaranteed grosjean the fail will be out at the end of this season. Preferably next race, but well, that won't happen.

If LeClerc can't go to Ferrari, i think it's pretty much a guarantee he'll end up @ Haas next year.
I think he would be better served going to Haas. Experience without the politics. Styner could be just what he needs.
He is still very young and needs to learn F1 more than he needs to learn internecine politics.

Once he can say he let his racing do the talking he will be far better prepared to handle life at Ferrari.
Traditionally, Ferrari has been an end of career target rather than a first big job sort of target.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

Until it was just mentioned, I didnt think about Ferrari putting LeClerc in the Haas for the remaining 13 races.
13 races used to be a full season, so why not do it now,
That way he gains better experience and can be measured against a better driver than Ericsson.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Give Perez a one year contract at Ferrari and Leclerc will do a year at Sauber which will be a faster car than the Haas nect year due to new Ferrari parts.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Phil

The problem is, Perez, Dan etc are not interested in 1 year contracts. It would likely mean the end of their F1 career. What would Perez have to gain by going to Ferrari on a 1 year deal knowing Charles is heading there to replace him?

He has been there, done that.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

alexx_88

Phil, în qualifying neither Max, nor Dan make significant mistakes. But it's, more often than not, Max who comes on top.

Also, Max rarely crashes out by himself in the races, normally it's after fighting with another driver. That's surely something he needs to work on, but overall, his qualifying pace and race pace are superior to Dan's. It's in the 1 on 1 duels where he loses a lot, but improving those shouldn't affect his pace, maybe make him a slightly worse overtaker.

FrukostScones

apparently 2 more years at Mercedes for LH...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... -deal.html
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

langwadt

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 02:11
Give Perez a one year contract at Ferrari and Leclerc will do a year at Sauber which will be a faster car than the Haas nect year due to new Ferrari parts.
wouldn't Haas get the same new Ferrari parts?

McG

Can't see Ferrari taking on Leclerc next year. When was the last time Ferrari took on a young driver with 1 season of F1. And the worst driver as a teammate to be judged against. There's still a lot for Leclerc to prove and it'll be at least 2 years before he's taken seriously for a Ferrari seat.
F1 is dead.

AJI
AJI

RIC to Renault
HUL to Haas
GRO to the bin

dren

I used to think the same but the media reports and quotes from Ferrari members are pointing towards Leclerc getting the promotion next year.
Honda!

dren

I expect everyone to keep their drives except for Kimi retiring so Leclerc can get the promotion, TR dropping Hartley and Haas dropping Grossjean. At Sauber, Giovinazzi maybe? If a Japanese driver can get a super license, they'll be in the TR seat. Don't know who Haas will grab.
Honda!