2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Revs84

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Hartley unlucky? That's an understatement... Glad he's ok.

GhostF1

Alonso Fan wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 03:20
loner wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 01:55
Alonso Fan wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 23:32
The Mclaren last year was as slim as the RBR but you didn't see the benefits of it then :mrgreen:
i saw it early this year
http://oi64.tinypic.com/210aq1c.jpg
You're not making sense. What does a mclaren rear jack man have to do with Toro Rosso or Honda or with what I said? Respond with a counter argument rather than making a fool of yourself

You want slimmer packaging. We saw what slimmer packaging did to the PU last year. Be careful what you wish for. RBR will push the boundaries next year
Probably, but thats a good thing.
Still a better methodology than saying no to the engine manufacturer when they request more room to increase reliability and performance..
TR granted that and look what we see, a huge improvement. And even after the size increase, McLaren signing Renault, probably because of the equally French Eric Boullier, are lumped with a larger and heavier unit if Adrian Newey's comments are to be believed.

Justthatek

Ground Effect wrote:Thank God Brendon is OK... That was scary...
That was some crash, very lucky it didn't dig into the gravel/sand pit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Big Tea

It looked like the top arm twisted out at the top of the wheel hub upright?
Strange!
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Revs84

That means Hartley will again start from last unless a miracle happens :(

techman

hope he is ok, but i think marko need to change him quicky. he just doesnt have the pace.

Ground Effect

techman wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 12:32
hope he is ok, but i think marko need to change him quicky. he just doesnt have the pace.
Even now, where his well being was at risk, through no fault of his own, you still manage to find an opportunity to slate him. This isn't the time sir, we're all human, it could easily have been much worse, and it wasn't his fault.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Ground Effect

techman wrote:
Even now, where his well being was at risk, through no fault of his own, you still manage to find an opportunity to slate him. This isn't the time sir, we're all human, it could easily have been much worse, and it wasn't his fault. Have some sensitivity.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Sayeman

Are the upgrades TR is brining working at all? James key is so highly rated but the car isn't looking good in most circuits. I know he has to deal with budget constrains.

Suspension failure, Pu failure, Bent steering...another frustrating non-scoring race coming up.
Never Give up.

nzjrs

Ground Effect wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 12:43
techman wrote:
Even now, where his well being was at risk, through no fault of his own, you still manage to find an opportunity to slate him. This isn't the time sir, we're all human, it could easily have been much worse, and it wasn't his fault. Have some sensitivity.
Yeah, some people on this forum are cancer.

jz11

Sayeman wrote:
Are the upgrades TR is brining working at all? James key is so highly rated but the car isn't looking good in most circuits. I know he has to deal with budget constrains.

Suspension failure, Pu failure, Bent steering...another frustrating non-scoring race coming up.
if the money is tight, would you develop an already compromised package (renault>honda swap), or would you rather spend all available resources on the honda fully integrated chassis?

I bet this year for them is a write off, where you focus on integration issues, not try to squeeze every last drop of performance this setup can provide

McMika98

Sayeman wrote:

In season dev have always been a killer for this team. Budget is one of the smallest in the paddock. Doesnt help they have split work centre in UK and Italy. Also maybe some crew members are new and learning as they tend to lose experienced members quite quickly.

Dont understand why they didn't just put Gasly out there to trundle around to get some idea on the failure. Now going into quali with no proper running and uncertainty on suspension. Plum last in quali gauranteed, the ferrari engine cars are quick.

Revs84

McMika98 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 13:05
Sayeman wrote:

In season dev have always been a killer for this team. Budget is one of the smallest in the paddock. Doesnt help they have split work centre in UK and Italy. Also maybe some crew members are new and learning as they tend to lose experienced members quite quickly.

Dont understand why they didn't just put Gasly out there to trundle around to get some idea on the failure. Now going into quali with no proper running and uncertainty on suspension. Plum last in quali gauranteed, the ferrari engine cars are quick.
Let's hope they are actually allowed to go out for quali in the first place :(

Singabule

The second must unlucky F1 driver after taki inoue. Glad he still ok after another crash. Hopefully the chasis and engine still ok

HPD

Revs84 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 13:15
Let's hope they are actually allowed to go out for quali in the first place :(
The FIA has already given the "ok" to Brendon to do the Qualifying.
The problem is to rebuild the car, and we do not know if the PU is well.
Gasly I'm sure he'll run