2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Revs84

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

HPD wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 13:20
Revs84 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 13:15
Let's hope they are actually allowed to go out for quali in the first place :(
The FIA has already given the "ok" to Brendon to do the Qualifying.
The problem is to rebuild the car, and we do not know if the PU is well.
Gasly I'm sure he'll run
There was a reason why Gasly was not let out for the session. What if there are concerns with the suspension? Suspensions shouldn't be failing like that, even if under such heavy braking.

loner

HPD wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 13:20
Revs84 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 13:15
Let's hope they are actually allowed to go out for quali in the first place :(
The FIA has already given the "ok" to Brendon to do the Qualifying.
The problem is to rebuild the car, and we do not know if the PU is well.
Gasly I'm sure he'll run
they have extra PU for him anyway but the time is a big factor here...
para bellum.

PhillipM

Unless they can prove that failure was a freak occurance or worn part pretty quickly they might not be going around, that looked like the lower upright/balljoint folded just under braking load.

Ground Effect

Echoes of Sebastian Buemi's incident in Shanghai years ago.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

PhillipM

Just confirmed on coverage, FIA has ordered TR to either prove why the part failed or change the entire 4 corners of Gasley's car before he can qualify - so it sounds like TR don't know if it's a flaw in a batch or a one-off.
Hartley won't take part in qualifying, too much damage on the car to repair that fast.

Ground Effect

PhillipM wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 14:13
Just confirmed on coverage, FIA has ordered TR to either prove why the part failed or change the entire 4 corners of Gasley's car before he can qualify - so it sounds like TR don't know if it's a flaw in a batch or a one-off.
Hartley won't take part in qualifying, too much damage on the car to repair that fast.
Do they have time to make the changes on Gasly"s car and still take part?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

techman

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro ... e-1057009/

looks like aero update did not work. which i thought was. there was no gain. probably went back. damn

HPD

Albert Fabrega:
New chassis for Hartley, will come out last.
Complete change in Gasly suspension as a precaution.

PhillipM

Ground Effect wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 14:35
Do they have time to make the changes on Gasly"s car and still take part?
Probably but it'd be tight. It doesn't take too long to change undamaged corners - often they're already assembled in the garage.

techman

looks like they have switch to old front wing. finally , that new wing was too much drag

PhillipM

It wasn't anything to do with drag, it wasn't working as they were expecting.
Front wing drag is pretty inconsequential, what you add to the wing you tend to shed on the body anyway.

Alonso Fan

GhostF1 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 12:22
Alonso Fan wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 03:20
loner wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 01:55
i saw it early this year
http://oi64.tinypic.com/210aq1c.jpg
You're not making sense. What does a mclaren rear jack man have to do with Toro Rosso or Honda or with what I said? Respond with a counter argument rather than making a fool of yourself

You want slimmer packaging. We saw what slimmer packaging did to the PU last year. Be careful what you wish for. RBR will push the boundaries next year
Probably, but thats a good thing.
Still a better methodology than saying no to the engine manufacturer when they request more room to increase reliability and performance..
TR granted that and look what we see, a huge improvement. And even after the size increase, McLaren signing Renault, probably because of the equally French Eric Boullier, are lumped with a larger and heavier unit if Adrian Newey's comments are to be believed.
But red bull packaging it tight would effectively be doing the same thing. They'd be 'forcing' it into a tighter space than its currently been running in the Toro Rosso

And we both know mclaren requested a size and Honda agreed. No one forced anyone
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

GhostF1

Alonso Fan wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 15:39
GhostF1 wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 03:20

You're not making sense. What does a mclaren rear jack man have to do with Toro Rosso or Honda or with what I said? Respond with a counter argument rather than making a fool of yourself

You want slimmer packaging. We saw what slimmer packaging did to the PU last year. Be careful what you wish for. RBR will push the boundaries next year
Still a better methodology than saying no to the engine manufacturer when they request more room to increase reliability and performance..
TR granted that and look what we see, a huge improvement. And even after the size increase, McLaren signing Renault, probably because of the equally French Eric Boullier, are lumped with a larger and heavier unit if Adrian Newey's comments are to be believed.
But red bull packaging it tight would effectively be doing the same thing. They'd be 'forcing' it into a tighter space than its currently been running in the Toro Rosso

And we both know mclaren requested a size and Honda agreed. No one forced anyone
I didn't say they didn't agree to parameters in 2015. I said they requested more space and we're denied it by McLaren years later... So yeah, obviously no teamwork going on there.

RBR will act as a works team. There will be genuine back and forth between the two and I highly doubt Red Bull will do anything to sacrifice reliability based on the past 3 years.

I'm not sure why you are so anti-Honda, even now. Based on Renault's reliability this year with turbo's dropping left right and centre, you should be just as critical of them. I can't deal with wildly speculative claims of failure and doom for a car & PU package that doesn't even exist yet..

Ground Effect

GhostF1 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 16:01
Alonso Fan wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 15:39
GhostF1 wrote:

I didn't say they didn't agree to parameters in 2015. I said they requested more space and we're denied it by McLaren years later... So yeah, obviously no teamwork going on there.

RBR will act as a works team. There will be genuine back and forth between the two and I highly doubt Red Bull will do anything to sacrifice reliability based on the past 3 years.

I'm not sure why you are so anti-Honda, even now. Based on Renault's reliability this year with turbo's dropping left right and centre, you should be just as critical of them. I can't deal with wildly speculative claims of failure and doom for a car & PU package that doesn't even exist yet..
C'mon guys, the header says this is the Toro Rosso thread.

HPD

Honestly, I thought it would be a worse Qualifying :lol:
Many problems this weekend