2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GrayGreat

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

McMika98 wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 13:05
Toro Rosso losing "crazy" time on the straights - Gasly https://motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-ros ... y-1057491/

Damm. Both RedBull and Toro Rosso drivers making noise. Cant see how he pulled 9 tenths on the Force India on the corners with the old package. Race will be pretty lame by looks of things.
Already starting to blame Honda?!

Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
Toro Rosso losing "crazy" time on the straights - Gasly https://motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-ros ... y-1057491/

Damm. Both RedBull and Toro Rosso drivers making noise. Cant see how he pulled 9 tenths on the Force India on the corners with the old package. Race will be pretty lame by looks of things.
9 tenths? Sorry, I'm not buying it, there's definitely a deficit, but can't be that much.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McMika98

Yeah Gasly needs to be careful with his mouth, no way is the chassis that great. We have had half a season almost and it has been found wanting. They have not extracted max out of it and the upgrades are poo poo. In quali with little to no prep reverting back to old aero and unoptimised setup they were where they have been in almost every circuit so how they can recover the nine tenths on corners here is mind blowing. Not like they have slow speed corners here either.

Bill

In sector 1 gasly is 3 tenth slower in sector 3 they are matched sector sector 2 is faster by 2 tenth. So gasly is smoking pipe, on Friday they said the aero is not working & they already admitted that high speed corners are there weak point

Sayeman

Ground Effect wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 13:43
McMika98 wrote:

9 tenths? Sorry, I'm not buying it, there's definitely a deficit, but can't be that much.
Redbull losing a second on straight according to Verstappen. Considering Renault and Honda are quite close in terms of power, I think his claim is reasonable.
Never Give up.

shingles

Gasley has been on a roll lately. Saying the team is confused by the aero and now on to Honda. Perhaps the young man is getting a little ahead of himself. When he actually becomes a legend (not just in his own mind), maybe he gets a little leeway complaining about the team.

Bill

The gap to force India has not increased is or less the same,and here Str is faster than one Renault ,which are always faster in all other racers

Bill

The gap to force India has not increased is or less the same,and here Str is faster than one Renault ,which are always faster in all other racers

loner

how can GAS overtake FI and HAAS on the straits of Canada and have such deficit here ?!!
para bellum.

anthonyfa18

I really think tr is have a Problem with the aero, If you look back to the beginning of the season to Russell has always been in the top five speed traps after the last arrow update which was last race they have fell behind. I think Honda has turn down the power a little just for those little reliability issues. But clearly tour also has a problem on the chassis it’s not normal How did the front suspension ripped apart on hartly car. They have a black Cloud over them of bad luck

makecry

McMika98 wrote:

LOL. Waiting for the people who were shitting on ALonso for literally saying the same thing . =D> "How the turntables" lol.

Big Tea

Is it lack of engine grunt or lack of usable energy? If it runs out before the end, they can either leave a gap with none, or use less all allong.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

McMika98

makecry wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 14:19

LOL. Waiting for the people who were shitting on ALonso for literally saying the same thing . =D> "How the turntables" lol.
Macca is still the slowest on the straights of all teams so nothing's turned around. If anything Alonso has now turned on to GP2 chassis and started calling shots on who to fire and hire.
Hence the need for Gasly to watch his mouth, he is right about the deficit but the chassis aint anywhere near what he thinks it is.
On a separate tact, and maybe something for the other thread but the Ferrari engine has been just remarkable this year. I bet they waited until the FIA scrutiny was over to turn back the wick and whatever loopholes they have implemented. Haas is within touching distance of RedBull in Quali at least.

etusch

Both Redbull and Toro Rosso drivers right about what they said. Both renault and Honda PUs lost time when it come to power circuit. Ferrari and Merc has their own legue as almost same level and Honda & Renault at their level. Maybe they are pushing Honda by talking like that for next season intentionally maybe just saying what they see on track. I hope it will not go ugly.

makecry

McMika98 wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 14:31
makecry wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 14:19

Macca is still the slowest on the straights of all teams so nothing's turned around. If anything Alonso has now turned on to GP2 chassis and started calling shots on who to fire and hire.
Hence the need for Gasly to watch his mouth, he is right about the deficit but the chassis aint anywhere near what he thinks it is.
On a separate tact, and maybe something for the other thread but the Ferrari engine has been just remarkable this year. I bet they waited until the FIA scrutiny was over to turn back the wick and whatever loopholes they have implemented. Haas is within touching distance of RedBull in Quali at least.
Lol what has McLaren got to do with what I said? McLaren being a shitty car has nothing to do with Honda or STR. This is not a McLaren thread. But I guess that is so hard for you to understand.

And lol "who to fire and hire". Sigh, thank you for reminding me why I stay away from some threads. =D>