2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Fulcrum

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

ace456 wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 14:10
As much as I love Kimi. His time at a top team is done. Its been over 100 grand prix's since he's won a race. Even if we consider the alleged no 2 driver status at ferrari, barrichello/massa won races at ferrari and kimi hasnt since he returned to Ferrari.

Now it might seem that the only reason ferrari are hanging on with Kimi is because of team harmony and balance which definitely contributes to overall competitiveness of team. But he is also bloody quick and a good marketable driver with a lot of fans. Its just he isnt a 'complete racing driver' at the moment. And hella expensive at $40 million i think. And seb is at $ 60 million. Thats $100 million only on drivers! Red bull spends almost 10 times less. Mercedes is also nowhere close to this.

So in conclusion best driver for ferrari at the moment with qualities of Speed, marketability, team player, Experience and salary is Ricciardo. And there is leclerc who has the speed and is a team player and can pay him less. But he doesnt have the experience and marketability. Unless ferrari does a red bull and markets him like brand verstappen.

Hulk is quick and smart, blocked at renault for the future. He is a team leader at renault whereas at ferrari he wont be a team leader. Plus 2 germans in one team isnt good for global marketing!

So the Italian Australian for ferrari or they take a punt with Charles.
Raikkonen isn't paid anything remotely close to that amount.

ace456

Fulcrum wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 19:06
ace456 wrote:
As much as I love Kimi. His time at a top team is done. Its been over 100 grand prix's since he's won a race. Even if we consider the alleged no 2 driver status at ferrari, barrichello/massa won races at ferrari and kimi hasnt since he returned to Ferrari.

Now it might seem that the only reason ferrari are hanging on with Kimi is because of team harmony and balance which definitely contributes to overall competitiveness of team. But he is also bloody quick and a good marketable driver with a lot of fans. Its just he isnt a 'complete racing driver' at the moment. And hella expensive at $40 million i think. And seb is at $ 60 million. Thats $100 million only on drivers! Red bull spends almost 10 times less. Mercedes is also nowhere close to this.

So in conclusion best driver for ferrari at the moment with qualities of Speed, marketability, team player, Experience and salary is Ricciardo. And there is leclerc who has the speed and is a team player and can pay him less. But he doesnt have the experience and marketability. Unless ferrari does a red bull and markets him like brand verstappen.

Hulk is quick and smart, blocked at renault for the future. He is a team leader at renault whereas at ferrari he wont be a team leader. Plus 2 germans in one team isnt good for global marketing!

Raikkonen isn't paid anything remotely close to that amount.
I checked a couple more websites. Some mention $7 million plus bonuses (sounds more believable) and some mention $40 million total. I guess the former is correct! Apparently he took a pay cut after his latest one year extension.

But then again, Lotus paid him $6 million plus 50,000 euros per point. It doesnt add up to his ferrari salary. Ferrari should have deeper pockets because he made close to $15 million with lotus. Maybe with Ferrari the bonus is paid out if he gets a win or a podium. He got 7 podiums in 2017. Anyway, Ricciardo is good ROI.

Big Tea

What about personal sponsorship?
I would assume that is worth more to him as a Ferrari driver?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

makecry

ace456 wrote:

Neither is Seb making $60mil nor is Kimi making $40.

Seb's last contract was rumored to be $110mil for 3 years. Kimi took a huge pay cut and is rumored to be in mid/hig 7 figures.

Manfer

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/04/lib ... rari-fear/

I would like to know what people here think of this article.

Sevach

Manfer wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 01:14
https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/04/lib ... rari-fear/

I would like to know what people here think of this article.
While Porsche and Ferrari do compete for market(to a degree), don't think it's that big of a deal that Ferrari would delay things just so Porsche doesn't enter.

Delays are probably just everyone pushing things towards what's best for them.

GrandAxe

Next seasons pairing of Vettel with Leclerc will be quite interesting, especially if Leclerc proves to be faster than Seb, while on much less money.
If Ferrari continues it present rate of development, Leclerc could well be world champion at the end of next season.

MtthsMlw

What I found interesting is that recently Vettel admitted that they were left behind in the development race last year after the summer break. This year should be different, he feels that the SF71H has more room for improvement than its predecessor and that they haven't unlocked its full potential yet.

ME4ME

MtthsMlw wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 22:14
What I found interesting is that recently Vettel admitted that they were left behind in the development race last year after the summer break. This year should be different, he feels that the SF71H has more room for improvement than its predecessor and that they haven't unlocked its full potential yet.
I dont believe that. Naturally the second car built around a set of regulations has less scope for development than the first. Its possible that he thinks or is informed that Mercedes has less untapped potential than Ferrari has.

Zynerji

Isn't it possible the 2017 philosophy just ran out of scope, and they have already surpassed what was possible with the 2018 car?

He would know the total DF points added last season in total. Maybe they have already added more than that (or close), knowing there is more in the tunnel already?

Vanja #66

ME4ME wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 00:07
I dont believe that. Naturally the second car built around a set of regulations has less scope for development than the first. Its possible that he thinks or is informed that Mercedes has less untapped potential than Ferrari has.
It's a different concept of the car this year, last year shorter floor hampered them somewhat. In this sense, 2018 has more room for upgrades since it can gain more downforce per upgrade than 2017 car. Also, they've only just touched barge boards this year since the start, Merc and Red Bull are running away with BB development, but overall Ferrari keeps up.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

roon

MtthsMlw wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 22:14
... he feels that the SF71H has more room for improvement than its predecessor and that they haven't unlocked its full potential yet.
That may be because he knows what is in the pipeline, and has seen CAD images in briefings.

Zynerji

Hamilton told Button in the pre-race show that Ferrari's floor upgrade was worth 2 tenths, and Button looked utterly SHOCKED by that jump. If Ferrari pull out another 2-3 tenths in upgrades this year, it might be a landslide for the red team.

PS: we still need to see how a points gap between Hamilton and Vettel plays out, as I can see the red team bringing engine 3 a race or two early, knowing that they will take an engine penalty later by introducing a 4th spec unit. If you can soak up a 10 place penalty in Japan or so to avoid a mechanical DNF, it may be the best strategy I think.

CriXus

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 14:42
It's a different concept of the car this year, last year shorter floor hampered them somewhat. In this sense, 2018 has more room for upgrades since it can gain more downforce per upgrade than 2017 car. Also, they've only just touched barge boards this year since the start, Merc and Red Bull are running away with BB development, but overall Ferrari keeps up.
What about the sidepods or do you think they are well developed and ahead of Merc and RB? I do not think Ferrari have changed them since the start.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

Sevach

Zynerji wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 18:28
Hamilton told Button in the pre-race show that Ferrari's floor upgrade was worth 2 tenths, and Button looked utterly SHOCKED by that jump. If Ferrari pull out another 2-3 tenths in upgrades this year, it might be a landslide for the red team.

PS: we still need to see how a points gap between Hamilton and Vettel plays out, as I can see the red team bringing engine 3 a race or two early, knowing that they will take an engine penalty later by introducing a 4th spec unit. If you can soak up a 10 place penalty in Japan or so to avoid a mechanical DNF, it may be the best strategy I think.
Ferrari introduced the previous floor with full length slots in Barcelona and it didn't bring a great performance jump, for this one (which is an evolution of that concept) to be this good (car looked fantastic from the first lap on friday) there might have been some problems with that version.

Maybe some fluttering with the long slots.