2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

By saying what Gasly said, he threw Honda under the bus. He literally said their car is fine and Honda sucks.Literally what Fernando said in 2017. The same --- thing.
did you even bother to read the link i sent , regarding the aero update TR brought apparently did not work. said by gasly?
i guess you didnt here it is again
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... gasly.html

there are more variables to consider . wait till next year when we have a competent chassis , better drivers to compare. i hope alonso will be around to withness mclaren getting embarassed by redbull honda

Ground Effect

marmer wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 10:53
Anyone support my theory that Hartley is only still in the car as they are waiting for the final upgraded honda engine

Give Hartley a few engine pens in a row to get some more engines into the pool for the new driver to get the best out of

Otherwise they are just dragging a dead dog down the path for a laugh
The new driver being?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

marmer

Ground Effect wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 11:24
marmer wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 10:53
Anyone support my theory that Hartley is only still in the car as they are waiting for the final upgraded honda engine

Give Hartley a few engine pens in a row to get some more engines into the pool for the new driver to get the best out of

Otherwise they are just dragging a dead dog down the path for a laugh
The new driver being?
Norris, kubica, Russell and markelov would all be decent options it's believed they have already asked McLaren once for Norris and it wasn't a total no

There are also the potential for a fallout with Renault at redbull is they try and do what they did to Toro rosso last year by not giving them engines. Which could lead to red bull pulling sainz back

Nuvolari

j.yank wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 10:12
makecry wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 07:54
All I did was point out that we heard the same thing from another team running the same engine and that this is Deja Vu.When they said it, hell broke loose but here Gasly(your god lol) is saying it and all we get is a couple of sensible posters here condemning it.But I like the fact that you missed the point and it touched a nerve there. (yay)

By saying what Gasly said, he threw Honda under the bus. He literally said their car is fine and Honda sucks.Literally what Fernando said in 2017. The same --- thing.
Yes, you are right - last year we heared a lot about the weak Honda and the mighty chassis, but now we see what happen with the mighty chassis driven by Renault. I am realy worried that the same thing is going on again this year. The driver says that they are gaining in the corners but loosing on strights, however, during the last race he was loosing constantly 0.3 sec in sector one where are the corners, and compensating these 0.3 sec on strights in other two sectors. Gasly should have smoked something.
Draggy chassis strikes again. LOLZ.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

makecry

Nuvolari wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 12:36
j.yank wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 10:12
makecry wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 07:54
All I did was point out that we heard the same thing from another team running the same engine and that this is Deja Vu.When they said it, hell broke loose but here Gasly(your god lol) is saying it and all we get is a couple of sensible posters here condemning it.But I like the fact that you missed the point and it touched a nerve there. (yay)

Yes, you are right - last year we heared a lot about the weak Honda and the mighty chassis, but now we see what happen with the mighty chassis driven by Renault. I am realy worried that the same thing is going on again this year. The driver says that they are gaining in the corners but loosing on strights, however, during the last race he was loosing constantly 0.3 sec in sector one where are the corners, and compensating these 0.3 sec on strights in other two sectors. Gasly should have smoked something.
Draggy chassis strikes again. LOLZ.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha lol. Broken record. Sigh.

HPD

Basically all the cars that have a Renault or Honda engine, were losing almost 1 second in this circuit. (Mclaren, Renault, Red Bull, TR) Nothing new.
It's very childish, make fun of a team, when your team goes through the same problem. #-o

Ground Effect

HPD wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 13:46
Basically all the cars that have a Renault or Honda engine, were losing almost 1 second in this circuit. (Mclaren, Renault, Red Bull, TR) Nothing new.
It's very childish, make fun of a team, when your team goes through the same problem. #-o
Of course, sitting here we can't know the truth, but I seriously doubt Toro were loosing nine tenths on the straights. I was a bit disappointed with Gasly, and the way he came out with it. He said the car was mega, while all the deficit came from the engine.

“Objectively we have no pace, not coming from the car, but from the engine.”

A day earlier he had said that the aero upgrades weren't working, then on Saturday the car was mega. We know there's a considerable deficit, but nine tenths to Force India? If that's the case, then they'll probably say it's over a second to Haas on the straights because Ferrari seem to have the strongest engine on the straights. Exaggerating to the media is unnecessary.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GrayGreat

HPD wrote:
Did you just assume that everyone making fun of Toro Rosso here is a McLaren fan? If that is the case, then I can also assume that you are a Honda fan? If so, why don't you say the same things about Toro Rosso now that you were saying last year about McLaren? Last year, people like you were making fun of McLaren when they said chassis is fine and PU is not. And this year, people like you were saying that Honda will get more freedom with Toro Rosso, Honda will be able to develop out of the spotlight without pressure. Well, your arguments just failed. Toro Rosso just put pressure on Honda by claiming that Chassis is fine but PU is not. So much for developing out of the spotlight. Next year, the spotlight will be even bigger when Honda engines are in the back of RedBull. RedBull keeps talking sh*t about Renault PU even when they are able to win races. Let's see how it goes next year. Anything but WDC / WCC for RedBull next year should be considered a failure, because if they are not champions, they didn't gain anything by switching to Honda, in the same way that people like you consider McLaren's current year as a failure because McLaren didn't gain anything by switching to Renault.

HPD

GrayGreat wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 14:40
HPD wrote:
Did you just assume that everyone making fun of Toro Rosso here is a McLaren fan? If that is the case, then I can also assume that you are a Honda fan? If so, why don't you say the same things about Toro Rosso now that you were saying last year about McLaren? Last year, people like you were making fun of McLaren when they said chassis is fine and PU is not. And this year, people like you were saying that Honda will get more freedom with Toro Rosso, Honda will be able to develop out of the spotlight without pressure. Well, your arguments just failed. Toro Rosso just put pressure on Honda by claiming that Chassis is fine but PU is not. So much for developing out of the spotlight. Next year, the spotlight will be even bigger when Honda engines are in the back of RedBull. RedBull keeps talking sh*t about Renault PU even when they are able to win races. Let's see how it goes next year. Anything but WDC / WCC for RedBull next year should be considered a failure, because if they are not champions, they didn't gain anything by switching to Honda, in the same way that people like you consider McLaren's current year as a failure because McLaren didn't gain anything by switching to Renault.
OMG. That is a lot of resentment :!:
I think he is confusing me with another person, I do not know what arguments you say. You can search my publications if you wish.
Red Bull Honda, we can discuss it in the thread of "General Honda".
And to finish, I always said that the Mclaren Honda disaster was the fault of both parties, weak motor, weak chassis. End

McMika98

The car isnt anywhere the level of Haas or Renault so Gasman needs to watch his mouth. Given the poor performance of his teammate he must be brimming with confidence and maybe thinks he has a shout for the RedBull seat if Riccardo leaves. Honda should really push for Button to be back in Budapest so we get a true picture of his performance and maybe bring him down to reality. Its not like he is doing an Alonso over Vandoorne.

Big Tea

McMika98 wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 18:43
The car isnt anywhere the level of Haas or Renault so Gasman needs to watch his mouth. Given the poor performance of his teammate he must be brimming with confidence and maybe thinks he has a shout for the RedBull seat if Riccardo leaves. Honda should really push for Button to be back in Budapest so we get a true picture of his performance and maybe bring him down to reality. Its not like he is doing an Alonso over Vandoorne.
Can not help but wonder just what his performance is like v a known driver.
Yeh he looks very good with Hartley in the other car, but Hartley was dropped by Red bull from the development program. Not saying he is not good, but how good?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

McMika98

Watching Button n Hamilton interview, there is a moment where Hamilton asks Button if he left too early and thinking of coming back. Button didnt look affirmative, so maybe he is still open.

The flip side to Gaslys perspective could be that he and the team knows Honda hasnt pushed the engine to the max yet in Quali, so maybe piling on the pressure to release the quali modes.

Revs84

McMika98 wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 19:12
Watching Button n Hamilton interview, there is a moment where Hamilton asks Button if he left too early and thinking of coming back. Button didnt look affirmative, so maybe he is still open.

The flip side to Gaslys perspective could be that he and the team knows Honda hasnt pushed the engine to the max yet in Quali, so maybe piling on the pressure to release the quali modes.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. One thing we saw from Gasly is that he is very good at lobbying to push himself forward as much as possible, so your theory does hold water.

epo
epo

Revs84 wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 21:26
McMika98 wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 19:12

I wouldn't be surprised at all. One thing we saw from Gasly is that he is very good at lobbying to push himself forward as much as possible, so your theory does hold water.
Red bull won't hire old and expensive drivers.

TzeiTzei

I don't understand what's the big deal about this. Everybody knows that Honda sucks, he's just stating the obvious. And he knows the real situation a lot better than anyone of us. Suddenly people get all worked up when someone says it out loud.