2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 22:32
SchuMassa wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 22:19
Affaritaliani.it were the first to sniff that all was not well with the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles when they reported: “Instead of a simple shoulder operation, it was more complex and required complex clinical procedure. An invasive disease emanating from the prostate had already spread in a devastating manner, but only discovered a short time ago.”

“An evil that could require further medical investigations and more complex surgical interventions. From here the Marchionne family have drastic decisions to make.”

Lettera43 editor Paolo Madron wrote on Twitter: “Things that you would never want to say, but unfortunately the duty of news requires us to do so: Marchionne is in a deep coma.”
(source)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:o :o :o :o :o
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:(

that is really really sad, wow!
so i may assume correctly he has been diagnosed with cancer, i don't know how that turns into a shoulder surgery except for when there's an issiue where it has spread to the glands.

depending on the complications, a coma is not impossible indeed depending on how the body reacts. this is indeed very sad. no matter who, this is horrible.
Prostate cancer frequently spreads to the bones, so I would take an educated guess and surmise that he may have had a tumour in his shoulder.

Coma is always a possible side-effect of anaesthetic or as I previously mentioned, he could have suffered a stroke or heart attack during or following the procedure.

My thoughts go out to his family and the who Fiat family.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Mr. Fahrenheit

Thought I'd share this article I came across. It's respectful and paints the man well. And - importantly - contains none of the random speculation being thrown around.

Marchionne may not be to everyones taste when it came to his overseeing of the Ferrari F1 team but, ultimately, it's working and it's impossible to argue against the positive impact he's had in the wider business. Many in Italy are commenting that if there were more business leaders with the same dedication, ambition and balls as Marchionne then other national companies (Alitalia, for example) would be much stronger.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/marchionne- ... -1.1111968

ScrewCaptain27

Sergio Marchionne was pronounced dead this morning. Condolences to the family and all at FCA, CNH and Scuderia Ferrari.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Big Tea

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:45
Sergio Marchionne was pronounced dead this morning. Condolences to the family and all at FCA, CNH and Scuderia Ferrari.
My Condolences also.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

F1NAC

RIP Mr. Marchionne. You did marvelous job. Hopefully team can convert this year in your honor

LM10

Devastating news. Condolences to all the family and relatives of Marchionne. It's times like these when you remember that there are way more important things in life, specially the health.

It's unbelieavable to think that this amazing business man who was among us in a good shape not so long ago, won't be it anymore.

turbof1

Rest In peace, Sergio Marchionne. You brought Ferrari to the stars again and you'll always be a star in the darkness for Ferrari.
#AeroFrodo

gandharva

R.I.P.

ME4ME

Rest in peace.

Vasconia

R.I.P.

I do hope Vettel and Ferrari can win this championship in his honour. He was a true leader and he made a great job. My condolences to the family and all the FIAT/Ferrari workers.

garygph

RIP will be remembered as being instrumental in Ferrari becoming the team to be reckoned with again

JPBD1990

If Ferrari can bring home the championship this year, it will be in his honour. Great loss. RIP

adrianjordan

Rest In Peace Sergio.

I think that this will either galvanise the team to really challenge and do everything they can to win both championships, or they will be distracted and Mercedes will steal a march. I hope it's the former.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

scazzo infinito

thank you for all , Sergio , great man and great italian , I am grateful to you.

Ringleheim

adrianjordan wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 16:24
Rest In Peace Sergio.

I think that this will either galvanise the team to really challenge and do everything they can to win both championships, or they will be distracted and Mercedes will steal a march. I hope it's the former.
I don't think his death will have any impact on the team, directly, one way or the other.

RIP Sergio!