Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

In the last corner visibly
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

NathanOlder

Anyone watching the sky sports coverage? Anthony Davidson pointing out Ferrari have a hidden button under the silicone on the steering wheel. Vettel uses his left thumb and kimi uses his right. And this button is used on the starts at the launch.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

seventhsin

Yeah I saw that, is that what they've been hiding with the ice bag over the T-Cam?

Looks like they use it similar to the old dual paddle clutch. Hold one at the bite point and use the other as a 100%on/off switch that 'drops' the disengaged clutch right onto the bite point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

roon
roon

Look how similar the mid-wing/x-wing endplates were ten years ago:

Cockpit-chines/moustache also in place. Even has a T-wing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

seventhsin wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 15:53
Yeah I saw that, is that what they've been hiding with the ice bag over the T-Cam?

Looks like they use it similar to the old dual paddle clutch. Hold one at the bite point and use the other as a 100%on/off switch that 'drops' the disengaged clutch right onto the bite point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Wouldn't that be illegal?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SiLo

Could it be that they are using the MGU-H to drive the MGU-K. The rules state about drawing energy from the battery store up to a limit, but do not mention anything about drawing power from another source.

So they could have found a way to use the unlimited harvest from MGU-H to deliver MORE than the allowed amount to the MGU-K, which could explain their jump in horsepower and mid range increase in acceleration.
Felipe Baby!

M840TR
M840TR

It could also be running the engine conservatively until reliability wasn't a concern anymore.

gambler
gambler

The number 5 car seemed to have an unususal amount of bounce in the rear, like the rebound was off a tad? If it can been seen from a spectator POV then it had to of felt like a roller coaster to Vettle in the car.

cheeRS
cheeRS

SiLo wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 10:28
Could it be that they are using the MGU-H to drive the MGU-K. The rules state about drawing energy from the battery store up to a limit, but do not mention anything about drawing power from another source.

So they could have found a way to use the unlimited harvest from MGU-H to deliver MORE than the allowed amount to the MGU-K, which could explain their jump in horsepower and mid range increase in acceleration.
Check out the Ferrari PU thread. It's all a certainty that all the manufacturers are doing this, some better than others. The rules, when they were published years ago, certainly encouraged it.
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

Zynerji

roon wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 23:13
Look how similar the mid-wing/x-wing endplates were ten years ago:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 8_test.jpg

Cockpit-chines/moustache also in place. Even has a T-wing.
I soooooooo miss those cars!

Zava
Zava

roon wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 17:39
GoranF1 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 17:31
My freah impresions from the track:

Ferrari has a very very very differet sound to all others including custemers Ferrari's.
The sound change takes place when Kimi and Vettel exit last corner and push throttle pedal to the end.
The rise in decibels is amazing, it feeels like they were driving V8 engines, everybody on the grand stands were amazed by it....it feels so much more power than others.
I think due to power advantage they will have speed edge tomorrow in the dry.

In terms of drivers Kimi has so much more confidence in the wet than Vettel...throws the car around like rally...Vettel in the wet takes normal corner lines no risk and is visibly slower.
Thanks for that. Any video, by chance? Seems to confirm wastegate(s)-open acceleration mode.
I made a video at T11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLdtPx_kvAU

xtremeclock
xtremeclock

MtthsMlw

Updated footplate tested yesterday.
via @Gianludale27

F1NAC

Much more agressive than RB's angled footplate. I like this from Ferrari. They are pushing it