Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jolle

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

NathanOlder wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 18:41
Wouldn't it be Multi 145

What happens if RedBull try it again with their current drivers. Would get a little confusing
Multi 333 or Multi 333 ??? :lol:
"no!"

:P

Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 13:31
Manoah2u wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 04:16
Even Schumacher and Senna made costly mistakes, let's not get too ahead of ourselves now.
indeed, just curious to know your opinion,

If Lewis and Seb swapped teams for 2017 & 2018 how do you think that would have panned out last year and the standings currently this year ?
Well, the problem is i don't have a model for all the side-effects of such a scenario.

I'm sure Vettel would have done a stellar job at Mercedes. I think he might even grabbed the title with Merc.
Then again, why did Vettel miss out? Imho, due to a couple of things. First of all, don't square out his crazy driving into Hamilton @ Baku. It shows he's easily frustrated and a loose cannon. He hasn't got the same 'control' as Ham does. It cost him the race, and i think the mental after-affects for somebody with that 'fury' also puts quite a lid on things. Then there was a bunch of Ferrari tech issues, further frustrating him.
Don't get me wrong - i think Vettel is bloody fast and a fierce competitor. But, also more sensitive than Hamilton if it's not going his way.
That being said, Hamilton would not have rammed into Vettel @ Baku, and quite subsequently, i'm pretty darn sure he'd won that GP. Also, he'd had kept his head cooler and calmer, and i think that also puts him in just over a bit on Vettel, improving his chances to win. I'd say the title fight would have gone to the very last lap at the very last race with just minor points difference. I don't know who would have won though. It would have been an equally different environment so that doesn't mean a thing.

I'm lost as for this year. I'd say as a driver, Hamilton outscores Vettel, especially looking into the 'bad luck' compared to Vettel (not that he was without bad luck). And thus, i'd say Ham would be quite ahead.

All that being said though - would Ferrari fit Hamilton as good as Mercedes does? or the combo? Questions, questions, which all play their part.

If Vettel didn't go into the wall, he would have been ahead. Simple as that. I like that it's a race-after-race change. It's gonna be exciting till the end. Both Vettel and Hamilton have similar WDC's under their belt, so it's an exciting challenge. I think it would be nice to see a change though, so Ferrari winning this year has a bit my preference.

I'd like to see Alonso come aboard though and steal back the thunder and be 2019 Ferrari WDC. :twisted:
And then Maxie boy in 2020. :P

But it's endless. What if, what if.

I think things that contribute a lot is flow. When Vettel got his 4th title with RedBull, he was on a streak. He was in a flow, on a high. Mentally that does a lot, and he was superbly strong. Hamilton is in the exact same flow right now, so it's relatively harder for Vettel compared to Hamilton. It would be interesting to see what would happen would Vettel win this WDC, as it would break hamilton's spree, even though Rosberg broke that before, i think it would hit home harder if Vettel in the Ferrari would do it, as it would affect the whole team, and would show Mercedes' superiority has ended. That wasn't the case with or immediately after Rosberg.

So i think things will keep getting more and more interesting.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

apexcontrol

WOW BOMBSHELL, ricardo goes to renault i guess he did not want to be second driver to max.

and now max is on even playing field with merc en fer because they wil have a second driver next to him like bottas/Raikkonen.

this is great news

https://www.motorsportweek.com/joeblogsf1/id/00289
Last edited by apexcontrol on 03 Aug 2018, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

ThumbsUp

Ricciardo might have signed a contract with Renault:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... eason.html

I don't know how trustworthy Daily Mail is...

apexcontrol

yeah well redbull will not pay ricardo the same as max, just because max is a money machine. and on pure speed ricardo is loosing to max, so this is maybe a lifesaver for ricardo

alexx_88

Sounds like Danny is going to Renault.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/03/dan ... 19-season/

alexx_88

I think it's pretty much a given, RaceFans are not the normal tabloid that throws stuff around until it sticks.

Where does that leave the rest of the grid? Somehow I don't see RB going for Sainz, the obvious choice.

djos

alexx_88 wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:09
Sounds like Danny is going to Renault.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/03/dan ... 19-season/
I reckon he be mad to go there! They aren't even beating HASS on a regular basis! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

ThumbsUp

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:07
yeah well redbull will not pay ricardo the same as max, just because max is a money machine. and on pure speed ricardo is loosing to max, so this is maybe a lifesaver for ricardo
I don’t know, he wanted to be a world champion. That’s not going to happen at Renault for a while, I do think his best chance for that is staying at RBR.

He might lose at raw speed but he’s way more consistent then Max. He’s always there to pickup the lost points of others. And that’s a good quality too.

alexx_88

djos wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:13
I reckon he be mad to go there! They aren't even beating HASS on a regular basis! #-o
It's done apparently. A local F1 TV pundit mentioned that one of the reasons of RB-Ric breakdown is contract duration. RB wanted 2 years, Ric wanted 1 year to be in line for a Merc/Ferrari deal for 2020.

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/statu ... 3530523648

djos

alexx_88 wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:20
djos wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:13
It's done apparently. A local F1 TV pundit mentioned that one of the reasons of RB-Ric breakdown is contract duration. RB wanted 2 years, Ric wanted 1 year to be in line for a Merc/Ferrari deal for 2020.

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/statu ... 3530523648
Wow, I'm disappointed, I really wanted to see what he could do in a Honda powered RedBull.

On the plus side, next year's for wings will likely kill off the high rake cars and give Renault a chance to catchup with the front runners on aero.
"In downforce we trust"

apexcontrol

ThumbsUp wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:14
apexcontrol wrote:
I don’t know, he wanted to be a world champion. That’s not going to happen at Renault for a while, I do think his best chance for that is staying at RBR.

He might lose at raw speed but he’s way more consistent then Max. He’s always there to pickup the lost points of others. And that’s a good quality too.
naaa that not qualty, thats just knowing youre not that good

matt_b

Red Bull always promote young talent from there programme so I expect Pierre Gasly to be announced soon. If not him then Sainz. Hoping Daniel goes to Ferrari to replace Kimi :D

djos

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:28
ThumbsUp wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:14
apexcontrol wrote:

naaa that not qualty, thats just knowing youre not that good
Yeah, he's only the best over taker in F1 right now..... Not that good seems reasonable... #-o
"In downforce we trust"

marmer

What about Ferrari instead of keeping Kimi or promoting Charles
He has Italian heritage which night outway sebs veto