2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 22:53
I wouldn't even put in in a car. Depending on his contract, I'd drop him from F1.

Dont get me wrong, im a massive Danny fan, i was just thinking about what I'd do if i were Horner having just been kicked in the nuts
That would be all kinds of stupid. You do realize it could have also gone the other way, Red Bull tell Ricciardo his services are no longer required for next season, what would you have advised Ricciardo then?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

NathanOlder wrote:
I wouldn't even put in in a car. Depending on his contract, I'd drop him from F1.

Dont get me wrong, im a massive Danny fan, i was just thinking about what I'd do if i were Horner having just been kicked in the nuts
That would be all kinds of stupid. You do realize it could have also gone the other way, Red Bull telling Ricciardo his services are no longer required for next season, what would you have advised Ricciardo then?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

NathanOlder

zeph wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 03:27
NathanOlder wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 23:26
As mentioned above, if I were Horner id drop a driver who just told me he was leaving.
Maybe I don’t understand this sort of thinking, but I find this juvenile to the nth degree. The contract was up for renewal and he decided to go a different route. What’s wrong with that? He has given RBR his best and will undoubtedly continue to do so for the remainder of the season.

Why punish him? Because he doesn’t want to play second fiddle? What good does that do?

That’s really not a mature and reasonable attitude to have.
Its a regular occurrence in football, players dropped as they are leaving at the end of their contract and wont renew their contract.
Also if you used my full quote it would make more sense, instead of doing a half assed job and taking 1 sentence. The reason to drop him would be to try new drivers in his place, and this would be fine as RedBull are in a position where they wont likely catch Ferrari and wont be caught by any other team so trying Gasly, Sainz, Hartley or anyone who has a licence is worth doing to find out as much as possible without making a decision at the end of the year .
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

flmkane wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 05:36
Zynerji wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 03:37
flmkane wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 03:34

It would be an asinine and arrogant breach of contract is what it would be.

By that logic, Red Bull should have put Vettel in a Torro Rosso back in 2014
What breach of contract? All Redbull drivers serve at Marko's whim.

And, if they are secure in third, giving their future driver experience in the team with the hopes of a title push next year is smart.

Who cares about Vettel in this context.
Red Bull would get their pants sued off in court. Like Sauber and VDG.

As far as the law is concerned, the F1 team is just a marketing tool for an energy drinks company. Courts won't grovel down to Helmut Marko
So how much were RedBull sued for putting Max in for Kvyat ? As thats exactly what im suggesting RedBull do now. Put Gasly in now to measure him against Max.

No one complained when Max was put in for Kvyat
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Ground Effect wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 08:44
NathanOlder wrote:

That would be all kinds of stupid. You do realize it could have also gone the other way, Red Bull telling Ricciardo his services are no longer required for next season, what would you have advised Ricciardo then?
Id advise him to leave at the end of the year and join another team ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

NathanOlder wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 08:52
flmkane wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

And, if they are secure in third, giving their future driver experience in the team with the hopes of a title push next year is smart.

As far as the law is concerned, the F1 team is just a marketing tool for an energy drinks company. Courts won't grovel down to Helmut Marko
So how much were RedBull sued for putting Max in for Kvyat ? As thats exactly what im suggesting RedBull do now. Put Gasly in now to measure him against Max.

ofcoure no one complained, and rightly so. did he not win the first race offered to him, the data redbull have collected suggested verstappen is de best driver they have in the redbull family.
and helmut loves numbers, and numbers of how fast you're on track will say everything you need to know.
numbers speak for themself, and so kvyat was dropped.

djos

NathanOlder wrote:
flmkane wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

Kvyat was dropped due to poor performance. The contracts definitely allow for that.
"In downforce we trust"

makecry
makecry

djos wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 10:36
NathanOlder wrote:
flmkane wrote:

Kvyat was dropped due to poor performance. The contracts definitely allow for that.
He had a podium just before he was dropped. Kvyat was dropped to make place for Max and nothing else.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

makecry wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 10:43
djos wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 10:36
NathanOlder wrote:

He had a podium just before he was dropped. Kvyat was dropped to make place for Max and nothing else.
yes indeed make place for the beter driver, nothing special about that. if kvyat was good enough then for sure he still would be driving. but he isnt and if you don't deliver you get kicked out

Webber2011
Webber2011

I'm a bit stunned by suggestions Ricciardo should be dropped imediatly 😯

In all honesty, he's done nothing wrong.
He hasn't broken any contract, he's simply changing course.

And the first video I've seen from Dan himself shows no animosity towards Red Bull.
If anything, he's quite apologetic for leaving.

He's simply a (reletavely) young driver with quite a few, (fingers crossed), great years in front of him.
His decision to change must have many behind the scenes reasons that we will most likely never know, but that's another story.

That said, Red Bull's not known for being the most loyal Team on the grid, so I could picture it happening.
Maybe the Torro Rosso demotion that's been mentioned.

Who knows what this crazy old thing we love called F1 will come up with next 😂

I for one never saw this coming !

Zynerji

flmkane wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
flmkane wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 03:34

It would be an asinine and arrogant breach of contract is what it would be.

By that logic, Red Bull should have put Vettel in a Torro Rosso back in 2014

You apparently have zero understanding of how Redbull operates... :wtf: It's almost childlike.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Webber2011 wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 13:05
I'm a bit stunned by suggestions Ricciardo should be dropped imediatly 😯
I guess they're either RedBull fans or Max fans.

Drivers change teams. It happens. It's expected and it's allowed for by the teams in their planning. To be honest, Ricciardo leaving the RedBull is a bit of a non-story - it's hardly unexpected. For example, Rosberg retiring in 2016 was a blind-sider for the team as I doubt they saw it coming, Danny moving on isn't.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godlameroso

I'm a Verstappen fan but I don't see the point in dropping Riccardo mid season. They should just let the contract play out, do the best they can and leave on a good note. In such a tight knit business it's better not to burn bridges or your choices will become severely limited.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Indeed so.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Phil

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 14:33
I guess they're either RedBull fans or Max fans.
It was neither. It was a post questioning the ruthlessness of the RB management to do what ever is in their best interest. I don't agree that the RB would in fact do such a thing - IMO, they have more than enough data to gauge the ability of all their current and past drivers (from Buemi to Sainz, to Gasly and Hartley) to know full well who they best see fit for the RB seat - but I do think the proposed premise is an interesting scenario, none-the-less, to Nathan's defense. Certainly enough to not be flogged off as a fanboy post.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter