Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DarkNight00

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

In Mark Hugh's article he said that Vandoorne is likely to end up at Sauber if he gets dumped by McLaren, I guess this is also dependent on Ericsson's backers preferences and whether Leclerc goes to Haas. I think that Perez will go to Haas as Grosjean is surely out, Ocon or Kubica will be at Force India. If the latter then Ocon + Markelov at Williams else Russel + Markelov . Sainz goes to Mclaren and Alonso stays another year. That leaves Norris at Torro Rosso with whoever replaces Hartley. Gasly to Redbull. Kimi stays another year.

apexcontrol

What will happen if renault en redbull have some talks and they agreed on swapping sainz and ricardo, do you guys it's possible that is gonna happen.

everbody but ricardo wil agree ?

GPR-A duplicate2

apexcontrol wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 15:24
What will happen if renault en redbull have some talks and they agreed on swapping sainz and ricardo, do you guys it's possible that is gonna happen.

When the contracts are done with the drivers, when they are Red Bull juniors, while they are being provided an opportunity to join STR, in those contracts, the driver wouldn't be having a choice and has to drive for whichever team Red Bull puts them into. That was the case with Ric also until 2015. But once the contract has been renewed and this was also the case with Max, they no longer are under the mercy of RB to put them wherever RB wants. The contract is bound to RB Senior team. So, a swap is not an option. Swap is PROBABLY an option between Sainz and Gasly, if Renault would agree.

Big Tea

GPR-A wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 15:29
apexcontrol wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 15:24

When the contracts are done with the drivers, when they are Red Bull juniors, while they are being provided an opportunity to join STR, in those contracts, the driver wouldn't be having a choice and has to drive for whichever team Red Bull puts them into. That was the case with Ric also until 2015. But once the contract has been renewed and this was also the case with Max, they no longer are under the mercy of RB to put them wherever RB wants. The contract is bound to RB Senior team. So, a swap is not an option. Swap is PROBABLY an option between Sainz and Gasly, if Renault would agree.
Renault will not require Gasly now they have signed Ricciardo, nor would they still require Sainz.
I think Renault is completely adrift from this now, it is down to Redbull. If the choice is go to STR, I think Sainz do it rather than not have a drive. Where else id he likely to get a seat?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

apexcontrol

well ricardo wants to drive for renault, and sainz wants to drive with redbull. renault wants ricardo, and maybe rebull want there new driver to have some time adjusting.

so maybe its in everybody interest to swap ?

Jolle

apexcontrol wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 17:17
well ricardo wants to drive for renault, and sainz wants to drive with redbull. renault wants ricardo, and maybe rebull want there new driver to have some time adjusting.

RedBull will make Renault as unhappy as their contracts allow. They will block RIC at all costs to move anytime before his contract has finished (prob at 31 december). If they could they will pull SAI out of Renault early, just to annoy them. Maybe as a replacement for HAR?

F1NAC

Jolle wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 20:03
apexcontrol wrote:

RedBull will make Renault as unhappy as their contracts allow. They will block RIC at all costs to move anytime before his contract has finished (prob at 31 december). If they could they will pull SAI out of Renault early, just to annoy them. Maybe as a replacement for HAR?
they maybe act sometimes like douches but I doubt this will happen. They will let him out after the season ends. Just like they did with Sebastian

Big Tea

F1NAC wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 20:06
Jolle wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 20:03
apexcontrol wrote:

they maybe act sometimes like douches but I doubt this will happen. They will let him out after the season ends. Just like they did with Sebastian
Yip, when he goes they stop his payment, insurance etc, have an office parking space etc. No point keeping a bollard.

WaikeCU

Something tells me that things can get very ugly throughout this very season.

Let me explain:

- Red Bull and the Renault have had a bad relationship ever since the hybrid era and it's getting worse and worse with Red Bull reporting that Renault are delivering bad quality parts that are not up to standard to what price they've paid for the engine deal. They've been pointing fingers at each other season in, season out. Red Bull signed a deal with Honda for next season.

- Meanwhile, Ricciardo has officially announced he has signed a deal with Renault, which has surprised a lot of people. Not only the paddock, but even within the team Red Bull itself. Not very smart of Horner and Red Bull to throw some oil on the fire by saying Ricciardo left because he couldn't handle Max.

- Hartley hasn't been performing well enough for STR this season.

- I could imagine Red Bull keeping Ricciardo within Red Bull as late as possible before he can transfer to Renault, just to annoy Renault.

- Hartley is dropped out of STR by Red Bull for Spa.

- Make matters worse, how about Red Bull already made up their minds by putting Sainz next to Max in that Red Bull for 2019 and to annoy Renault, how about Red Bull take back Sainz and put him in that STR seat that Hartley has left starting in Spa after the break.

Press release: Red Bull wants STR to perform better and score more points
Internal statement: Sainz is put into that STR, just to get used to the driveability of that Honda PU for 2019.

- In which leaves Renault headscratching on how to fill that Renault seat till the end of the season.

PlatinumZealot

Sainz to warm Gazly's seat at RedBull for another year or two. They wont put Gasly beside Max. It will get ugly.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zac510

RBR simply don't have any other drivers under contract with a superlicence that can race their cars (not just test them). They'd have to contract in someone else's driver, at cost. IMO that makes them locked in with drivers for all of 2019.

And why does everybody assume malice is the first action to take by the team when a driver announces they're leaving? It's a bit sad, and not represented historically.

Big Tea

WaikeCU wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 00:59
Something tells me that things can get very ugly throughout this very season.

Let me explain:

- Red Bull and the Renault have had a bad relationship ever since the hybrid era and it's getting worse and worse with Red Bull reporting that Renault are delivering bad quality parts that are not up to standard to what price they've paid for the engine deal. They've been pointing fingers at each other season in, season out. Red Bull signed a deal with Honda for next season.

- Meanwhile, Ricciardo has officially announced he has signed a deal with Renault, which has surprised a lot of people. Not only the paddock, but even within the team Red Bull itself. Not very smart of Horner and Red Bull to throw some oil on the fire by saying Ricciardo left because he couldn't handle Max.

- Hartley hasn't been performing well enough for STR this season.

- I could imagine Red Bull keeping Ricciardo within Red Bull as late as possible before he can transfer to Renault, just to annoy Renault.

- Hartley is dropped out of STR by Red Bull for Spa.

- Make matters worse, how about Red Bull already made up their minds by putting Sainz next to Max in that Red Bull for 2019 and to annoy Renault, how about Red Bull take back Sainz and put him in that STR seat that Hartley has left starting in Spa after the break.

Press release: Red Bull wants STR to perform better and score more points
Internal statement: Sainz is put into that STR, just to get used to the driveability of that Honda PU for 2019.

- In which leaves Renault headscratching on how to fill that Renault seat till the end of the season.
I would assume Sainz contract at Renault would be for the full yea. I doubt Renault would leave themselves open to having a driver whisked away at short notice.

Godius

PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 01:17
Sainz to warm Gazly's seat at RedBull for another year or two. They wont put Gasly beside Max. It will get ugly.
Verstappen was in still in puberty and Sainz a young adult who was also inexperienced. I'm sure that a fallout like that happened at STR won't happen today between Verstappen en Sainz. They seem to have matured quite well.

epo
epo

Godius wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 12:08
PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 01:17
Verstappen was in still in puberty and Sainz a young adult who was also inexperienced. I'm sure that a fallout like that happened at STR won't happen today between Verstappen en Sainz. They seem to have matured quite well.
He was just trying to be funny but he was not, just ignore it.