[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Wow, I noticed that there are new images of JJR car on the MVRC website. I am impressed and a bit frightened by his new front wing and high nose.

variante

CAEdevice wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 07:31
Sorry but I could not fid the time to paint the car, anyway this is the car I have just submitted:

http://www.caedevice.net/SERVER/MVRC/20 ... ne_001.JPG
Bombastic car! You can see that every bit you lay your eyes on is absolutely fine tuned!
Looks like it features some original details too, like that rear wing. Does it seek out efficiency in the same way airplane winglets do? What about scimitar winglets, then? :D
BTW it looks like I need a double element Rear Wing too in order to reach the right balance...

etsmc

The car has been submitted, but not hopeful for any results.
how are people doing all these cool images??

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 01:41
CAEdevice wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 07:31
Sorry but I could not fid the time to paint the car, anyway this is the car I have just submitted:

http://www.caedevice.net/SERVER/MVRC/20 ... ne_001.JPG
Bombastic car! You can see that every bit you lay your eyes on is absolutely fine tuned!
Looks like it features some original details too, like that rear wing. Does it seek out efficiency in the same way airplane winglets do? What about scimitar winglets, then? :D
BTW it looks like I need a double element Rear Wing too in order to reach the right balance...
The scimitar winglets are there to feed the rear wing: they make efficiency worse, but they help with balance.

The airplane winglets give very small drag reduction (0.01...) by reducing the vortices at the sides of the wing, but the modeling and fine tuning of the wing is more difficult.

JJR
JJR

CAEdevice wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 20:33
Wow, I noticed that there are new images of JJR car on the MVRC website. I am impressed and a bit frightened by his new front wing and high nose.
Thanks Matteo. I ´m not sure if I will use that car. I have another with more traditinonal design. Actually I have problem to balance it and cooling which is too dragy for Le Mans. It is good for high downforce tracks.

machin

JJR wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 09:17
CAEdevice wrote:

Thanks Matteo. I ´m not sure if I will use that car. I have another with more traditinonal design. Actually I have problem to balance it and cooling which is too dragy for Le Mans. It is good for high downforce tracks.
I had a look and couldn’t find it... do you have a link?
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 09:21
JJR wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 09:17
CAEdevice wrote:

I had a look and couldn’t find it... do you have a link?
Hi, you can find the pictures in the "teams" section of the MVRC website.

machin

Ah, cool, thanks...

Looks good...👍
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

wpsiatwin

This is probably a dumb question but when the rear wing and diffuser strakes are submitted as separate stl files how do we ensure they are placed correctly for the CFD run?

RicME85

when you export them they keep their position on the X,Y,Z axis so the software knows where they should be. If you use the MantiumFlow software and import the STLs into it you will see this.

LVDH

Ok guys,
I have sent out a one day warning email also containing the submission link. Thanks to this new EU data privacy law, there is a double opt-in requirement to the MVRC emails. Not everybody has chosen to receive these emails, which is fine and up to you. Mainly you are missing the submission link. If you do not want to receive these emails, please make sure to submit your design by your own means and in time!

RicME85

Do we still have submission jokers this season? If so can I play mine already? I am stuck in bed, in a lot of pain so cant do use my PC.

LVDH

I guess so, why not.

Ft5fTL

etsmc wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 04:28
The car has been submitted, but not hopeful for any results.
how are people doing all these cool images??
I used keyshot for the last renders.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

Zynerji

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3295003 ... tures.html

Would MantiumFlow take full advantage of this new processor?