2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
subcritical71

Re: 2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

multisync wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 15:36
Zynerji wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 14:23
F1NAC wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 14:18
It seems that they will keep their engine allocation numbers even as a new team

I think if they lose all points, and are a new "team", the engine count should start over. Id lodge a complaint, as you can't determine one way, but restrict another.
given the amount of rule bending and arm twisting been going on, its best they shut up and concentrate on the race weekend..
It could also be part of an appeasement package to the other teams particularly those with merc engines who objected to them remaining in F1
It seems it's a bit of making it up as they go along on this one. The drama continues to unfold, I saw a tweet indicating the RPFI now get to keep the SFI prize money from last year.

Shrieker

Sooo... Does Vijay Mallya get to keep his F1 entry after all these shenanigans ? Since it's a new entry for Race Point ? Can Vallya sell the entry that belongs to him ? If he's lost his entry, how so ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Big Tea

So Fi lose their points and those lower down the list move up one, right?
What happens to the points? are they redistributed to what the finish order would have been with out FI scoring?
Surely they cannot just disappear.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Zynerji

Big Tea wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 16:59
What happens to the points? are they redistributed to what the finish order would have been with out FI scoring?
And the FIA can't charge for them as well.

kptaylor

Curious as to the F1 entry, too. Assume it's the only asset left in receivership so the administrator gives it to the Indian banks.(?) Could India mount another team in 2019 using their existing entry then? Very interesting. Seems as if Mallya will get even more crushed in Indian courts now that those assets are gone and the banks received no compensation from the administrator at all.

multisync

kptaylor wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 17:42
Curious as to the F1 entry, too. Assume it's the only asset left in receivership so the administrator gives it to the Indian banks.(?) Could India mount another team in 2019 using their existing entry then? Very interesting. Seems as if Mallya will get even more crushed in Indian courts now that those assets are gone and the banks received no compensation from the administrator at all.
Will they kill him twice ?

He's a couple of billion in the hole a few mil isn't going make a dent

Sniffit

Shrieker wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 16:45
Sooo... Does Vijay Mallya get to keep his F1 entry after all these shenanigans ? Since it's a new entry for Race Point ? Can Vallya sell the entry that belongs to him ? If he's lost his entry, how so ?
No the entry has been lost. FIA ruled that since Sahara Force India could not race further this season (they have no assets) the entry was simply cancelled.
Big Tea wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 16:59
No, they follow with the entry, since there is no entry, there are no points. But the race results still stand.

Manoah2u

I don't know if it's true, but i've read that Williams refused the possibility for Stroll's Racing Point F1 team to get/keep Force India's prize money as it would mean there would be less teams to spread the pot with making their share bigger.

if that's really true, then scr*w them. that is the lowest you can go, for real.
That's not the F1 team i once loved and adored.

If it's true, than by all honesty, may it happen to them. May Stroll move to Racing Point, take all tha money, turn Racing Point into a Mercedes B-team,
take Kubica alongside, take Paddy Lowe aboard, and see Williams go into bankrupcy and get denied all the prize money and points.

i'll hope it was just a matter of bad media nonsense. anybody know more about this story?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

nevill3

I have read that all nine other teams have signed an agreement allowing Racing Point FI to keep the historical "tier money" that FI have earned from previous seasons performances and results.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 22:11
I don't know if it's true, but i've read that Williams refused the possibility for Stroll's Racing Point F1 team to get/keep Force India's prize money as it would mean there would be less teams to spread the pot with making their share bigger.

if that's really true, then scr*w them. that is the lowest you can go, for real.
That's not the F1 team i once loved and adored.

If it's true, than by all honesty, may it happen to them. May Stroll move to Racing Point, take all tha money, turn Racing Point into a Mercedes B-team,
take Kubica alongside, take Paddy Lowe aboard, and see Williams go into bankrupcy and get denied all the prize money and points.

i'll hope it was just a matter of bad media nonsense. anybody know more about this story?

Read somewhere that it is irrelevant anyway as it would have been belonging to Force India Sahara, therefore snatched as belonging to VM.

(Nevill)
Jo Seward says on his blog though that they will be eligible for Column 2 money next season as the teams agree it, and it is for next years 'appearance'
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

nevill3

Zynerji wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 14:23
F1NAC wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 14:18
It seems that they will keep their engine allocation numbers even as a new team
Otmar Szafnauer says he has no idea why, as a new entrant, Racing Point Force India don’t get a new engine allocation. They’ve lost their points because they had to start a new entry, so doesn’t understand why if everything from the past has gone, engine usage remains.
I think if they lose all points, and are a new "team", the engine count should start over. Id lodge a complaint, as you can't determine one way, but restrict another.
The drivers are keeping their points, it is just the team's points that have been cancelled. So the two drivers have their own engine allocation now????

Strange way to do this, what happens if Stroll junior switches, will he have his own engine allocation too :wink:

As has been said it is probably a compromise to appease the other teams, as long as we keep ten teams racing with jobs secure going forward I don't care what they had to agree to, well done to all involved.

Shrieker

Sniffit wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 20:46
Shrieker wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 16:45
No the entry has been lost. FIA ruled that since Sahara Force India could not race further this season (they have no assets) the entry was simply cancelled.
Then why are they cutting prize money from "Racing Point Force India" ? Lol. Ok, a sole billionaire's finances aren't exactly high up in my priorities, but welcome to the piranha club i guess.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

subcritical71

nevill3 wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 22:46

The drivers are keeping their points, it is just the team's points that have been cancelled. So the two drivers have their own engine allocation now????

Strange way to do this, what happens if Stroll junior switches, will he have his own engine allocation too :wink:

As has been said it is probably a compromise to appease the other teams, as long as we keep ten teams racing with jobs secure going forward I don't care what they had to agree to, well done to all involved.
This is the point I don't understand. I understand that the PU usage basically stays with the car. So if a driver moves from say Honda to say Lewis' seat at Mercedes he will have only used 3 ICE this year, vs the 6 he used at Toro Rosso. I think of it like they don't want drivers to be shuffled around to get around the rule. But, the car is a new asset for the RPFI team which hasn't raced yet. Much like the constructors points, the RPFI team have not used any engines until they crossed the timing line today. If they went one way or the other I could understand it better (no points, no PU usage -OR- the get points & usage)

Hope that makes sense.

nevill3

I understand the anomaly too, but I think it is a compromise they would be willing to accept considering they should allegedly benefit from up to $150 million next year from keeping the historical payments earned by SFI due to the other teams agreeing they could.

subcritical71

nevill3 wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 23:26
I understand the anomaly too, but I think it is a compromise they would be willing to accept considering they should allegedly benefit from up to $150 million next year from keeping the historical payments earned by SFI due to the other teams agreeing they could.
I feel your probably right. As the rules state otherwise, that is why all the teams needed to agree. They got their $$, so I'm sure they are happy. The next few years I assume the payout will be lower due to their only taking less than 1/2 a seasons worth of points, but its better than loosing the $150M now.