2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

subcritical71 wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 15:34
zokipirlo wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 15:25
siskue2005 wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 13:15
i am ready to admit i am wrong, if you post pictures or videos.
But please no need to use such language. :roll:
https://imgur.com/a/2hys2rQ. Look in lap 2 everything is fine. In lap 7 DRS was enabled. In lap 8 returns in pits with broken DRS. He was behind Bottas or Ricciardo in that time in DRS zone. In lap 9 after one more lap from pits he retired.
I'm just tired of reading how Kimi is not allowed to race equal with Vettel and that mechanics are working only for Vettel. But I don't see that true. Only big mistake was in Bahrain in pit stop. Everything else was fine based on a position. Kimi is just complaining a lot over radio.
siskue2005 wrote:
that, probably is a joke right?
No it isn't. They dropped Vettel car when driving back in pits, could end much more worse. And didn't tell Vettel that his battery is empty for the last try. With Kimi they gamble similar like Red Bull, to return as soon as possible. It was a bad decision, because rain stopped. But it wasn't so bad at the end either with sixth place. It was only behind Haas and FI, which in normal conditions he would overtook in few laps.
Come on... I mean I really like Kimi, to me he is one of the best all around drivers and would love to see him win a race this year. Do you really think he isn't a clear number two and if running 1 - 2 on the last lap it isn't going to be Vettel crossing first, especially this weekend? I'd love to be proven wrong, but I wouldn't place money on it.
Maybe you should watch Austria again when Kimi finished in front of Vettel and wasn’t told to let Vettel through?

subcritical71

LM10 wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 16:22
subcritical71 wrote:
zokipirlo wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/2hys2rQ. Look in lap 2 everything is fine. In lap 7 DRS was enabled. In lap 8 returns in pits with broken DRS. He was behind Bottas or Ricciardo in that time in DRS zone. In lap 9 after one more lap from pits he retired.
I'm just tired of reading how Kimi is not allowed to race equal with Vettel and that mechanics are working only for Vettel. But I don't see that true. Only big mistake was in Bahrain in pit stop. Everything else was fine based on a position. Kimi is just complaining a lot over radio.

No it isn't. They dropped Vettel car when driving back in pits, could end much more worse. And didn't tell Vettel that his battery is empty for the last try. With Kimi they gamble similar like Red Bull, to return as soon as possible. It was a bad decision, because rain stopped. But it wasn't so bad at the end either with sixth place. It was only behind Haas and FI, which in normal conditions he would overtook in few laps.
Come on... I mean I really like Kimi, to me he is one of the best all around drivers and would love to see him win a race this year. Do you really think he isn't a clear number two and if running 1 - 2 on the last lap it isn't going to be Vettel crossing first, especially this weekend? I'd love to be proven wrong, but I wouldn't place money on it.
Maybe you should watch Austria again when Kimi finished in front of Vettel and wasn’t told to let Vettel through?
Fair enough, but they were also not running 1-2 on the last lap.
2018 Austrian Grand Prix
Race Results
Pos	No	Driver			Constructor	Laps	Grid	Time		Status		Points
1	33	Max Verstappen		Red Bull	71	4	1:21:56.024	Finished	25
2	7	Kimi Räikkönen		Ferrari		71	3	+1.504		Finished	18
3	5	Sebastian Vettel	Ferrari		71	6	+3.181		Finished	15

siskue2005

zokipirlo wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
OK agree

What about only servicing Vettel's car in Q3? if they had the presence of mind to do that for Vettel then why not for Kimi.... it is not as if they run out of garage space.
And why was that gamble not taken on Vettel's car? why only Kimi?
At redbull they did that for both drivers.
Even then any fair f1 fan can see how callously they deal with Kimi when compared to Vettel
hey dropped Vettel car when driving back in pits, could end much more worse. And didn't tell Vettel that his battery is empty for the last try.
Wasnt it Vettel's duty to manage his battery? how is that team's fault?
Last edited by siskue2005 on 30 Aug 2018, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

siskue2005

LM10 wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 16:22
subcritical71 wrote:
zokipirlo wrote:

that could be attributed to Lewis' car failure

Thunder

Guys this is a discussion Forum. Different Opinions are very much welcome, as long as they are brought forward in a normal Tone. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a Troll. ;)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

zokipirlo

siskue2005 wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 17:37
What about only servicing Vettel's car in Q3? if they had the presence of mind to do that for Vettel then why not for Kimi.... it is not as if they run out of garage space.
And why was that gamble not taken on Vettel's car? why only Kimi?
At redbull they did that for both drivers.
Even then any fair f1 fan can see how callously they deal with Kimi when compared to Vettel
Ferrari is using split strategy since Australia. In Australia Vettel stayed out which help him win the race. In China Kimi stayed out which put him on P3, could be P2 if he had some balls and attack Bottas.
In crazy conditions like that it's hard to make a "correct" call. You can see what is correct only after session is over. I was yelling when they didn't just changed tires on Vettel car, because that looked as a better option. On start of Q3 rain started so it was obvious that first laps should be fastest. But rain stopped which makes last lap fastest like in Hungary. Still don't understand why didn't they fuel both of them for the whole Q3 session. Few kilograms of fuel wouldn't make a big change in rain.
siskue2005 wrote:
hey dropped Vettel car when driving back in pits, could end much more worse. And didn't tell Vettel that his battery is empty for the last try.
Yes it is. But engineers also see all data and they can help him with advice. If I remember correctly Vettel said that something was wrong and that he didn't see real battery charge state.

Cannonballer

LM10 wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 16:18
zokipirlo wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
that, probably is a joke right?
Thank you for this post. It’s so annoying to weekly read through all the comments insisting Kimi would purposely be in an extremely disadvantageous position. And when moaning people interestingly seem to forget that also Vettel gets to suffer from decisions by his team at times. As you’ve mentioned the thing with the diffuser and especially the battery - don’t want to imagine what people would have told if it had been Kimi.

Funny, there also are Hamilton fans criticizing Ferrari. And at the same time it’s Hamilton who is at least as much of a number 1 driver as Vettel is.
It is not that Ferrari are intentionally putting Raikkonen into disadvantageous positions. It is that the team seems to always go the extra mile to get Vettel every possible advantage, even when doing so compromises Raikkonen who then ends up in the disadvantageous position. Raikkonen always seems to be getting the short end of the stick.

IMO Mercedes appears much less apt to play favorites.*

*Except 2016 when the German team sabotaged Hamilton to ensure that their German driver got a championship too.**

**Kidding of course.
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

siskue2005

zokipirlo wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 09:43
siskue2005 wrote:
Yes it is. But engineers also see all data and they can help him with advice. If I remember correctly Vettel said that something was wrong and that he didn't see real battery charge state.
https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status ... 3279490049

if people on internet can spot it, then i am sure Vettel wont have any problem sitting in the cockpit

Juzh

siskue2005 wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 18:53
zokipirlo wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 09:43
siskue2005 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status ... 3279490049
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DldnGDRX0AEdzID.jpg:large

if people on internet can spot it, then i am sure Vettel wont have any problem sitting in the cockpit
Well, it is completely empty. And I'd say even in intermediate conditions difference between full and empty battery is probably 1.5s, probably 2s+. In the dry you might as well park it with no battery.

mika vs michael

I think the bones of Enzo Ferrari must be shaking...or if not then his spirit will be performing vicious circles above Maranello...They should have put Vettel finish 2nd in front of Raikkonen at first place in Austria. Today they should orchestrate the start in such way to give Vettel the lead...Bottas is a clear no2...loud and clear. In Ferrari they are trying to hide that Raikkonen is a no2 as well. And when you try to hide things, you trip over...eventually.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

tinvek

i think sentiment won over logic today for ferrari,

Kimi's their last world champion and they just got caught up in the mood and thought that seb would be able to find a way past and that they would be able to swap the drivers around in the race either naturally or through a deliberate decision or at the very least finish 2nd to close the gap on lewis whilst giving the fairy tale headline to kimi, what they never thought of was that maybe their car wasn't the fastest over a stint on the tyres they hadn't done any running on nor that seb would try and pass kimi so early and because of his positioning on the track leave himself vulnerable to a typical opportunist lewis move. once it was just kimi against both mercedes, it was always going to be a hard battle.

mika vs michael

Ferrari lacks leadership...sporting wise they look a bit in turmoil. Technically they are in very good shape...They drop the ball...inside the "track" too often
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

makecry

What Ferrari lacks is a top class driver who can stay out of trouble and knows when to back off and when to attack.

Seb doesn’t possess the race craft that a 4x WDC should. Simple as that.

Zynerji

makecry wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 00:36
What Ferrari lacks is a top class driver who can stay out of trouble and knows when to back off and when to attack.

Well, by the numbers, he's twice as good as Alonso, and 4 times better than his team mate.

Oh, and he still has a good shot at number 5 this year...

Edit Thunder: removed the perdonal dig.....

makecry

Zynerji wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 00:42
makecry wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 00:36

Well, by the numbers, he's twice as good as Alonso, and 4 times better than his team mate.

Oh, and he still has a good shot at number 5 this year...
How are his stats helping him this year? Crashing out from lead, multiple first lap Incidents and so on. Vettel has never been a top tier driver and if he loses it this year, it’s completely on him.

Edit Thunder: calmed that Post down