Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ScrewCaptain27

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

roon wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 02:03
What are those accordion baffles underneath the vial caps.
What exactly do you mean?
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

M840TR

Mclaren style endplates among Singpore upgrades.

lio007

They still try to keep their secrets ;-)
https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1 ... 6461774848

Big Mangalhit

lio007 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 11:01
loooooool

This is so troll. I wonder if they will play this cat and mouse game until the end

bonjon1979

lio007 wrote:
I can't help think that this is a blatant distraction technique to get everyone to focus on the wrong thing.

F1NAC

so they definitely abandoned shotgun-wastegate layout. Was expecting to see it here.

LM10

F1NAC wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 11:56
so they definitely abandoned shotgun-wastegate layout. Was expecting to see it here.
That's interesting. Was the layout that bad that they abandonded it already just after testing it once? I mean, how bad can the correlation between CFD and track be? Or did they possibly test it for next year?

Sevach

subcritical71

lio007 wrote:
So they are starting to play games with the FIA, you know, the ones that know about their novel usage of the PU that everyone would love to have the details accidentally leaked.... brilliant.

ecapox

The FIA says "remove that bag of 'ice' from the top of the camera" and Ferrari does. But they also create a new "cooling" fan solution that does the same thing the ice bag did.

Because of that the FIA should release the Ferrari engine "secrets" to their competitors or Ferrari shouldn't make the FIA mad because they will release the Ferrari engine "secrets" to their competitors?

ScrewCaptain27

More pictures of the new RWEP.
By Albert Fabrega
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

F1Krof

ecapox wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 13:33
The FIA says "remove that bag of 'ice' from the top of the camera" and Ferrari does. But they also create a new "cooling" fan solution that does the same thing the ice bag did.

Because of that the FIA should release the Ferrari engine "secrets" to their competitors or Ferrari shouldn't make the FIA mad because they will release the Ferrari engine "secrets" to their competitors?
To be honest, I'm 99% sure that they are trolling everybody. It started as merely coincidence when they put the bag on top of the cameras, then everybody thought that there's suspicious going on there. Then they tried with the umbrella and yeah... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... Ferrari trolling! I never would have thought the day would come. =D> =D>

... I mean you have to say this is pretty stupid. You can see the steering wheel from the onboard.

Wroom wroom

subcritical71

ecapox wrote:

A little more to it than ‘remove that bag of ice’....
"We did ask Ferrari to stop using these ice packs," said the spokesperson.

"The main reason was that FOM were not happy with them doing it. The issue is one of internal ECU temperature which the FIA will continue to monitor with FOM."
But you are right In an idealistic world. In the real world backs get scratched or stabbed. It’s business, right? It’s all about relationships. I’m just saying they shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds it. They get broadcasting money, get told in essence to not block the camera, but then block the camera.

Sure the FIA could now institute rules that dictate all cameras need to have a certain FOV of x degrees and x distance that is unobstructed. Design your cockpit around that. Problem solved and numerous more probably created when in the beginning they could have just understood what was being asked of them.

I’m betting there will be a discussion and we don’t see that again for the rest of the weekend.

f1316

subcritical71 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 14:35
ecapox wrote:

A little more to it than ‘remove that bag of ice’....
"We did ask Ferrari to stop using these ice packs," said the spokesperson.

"The main reason was that FOM were not happy with them doing it. The issue is one of internal ECU temperature which the FIA will continue to monitor with FOM."
But you are right In an idealistic world. In the real world backs get scratched or stabbed. It’s business, right? It’s all about relationships. I’m just saying they shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds it. They get broadcasting money, get told in essence to not block the camera, but then block the camera.

Sure the FIA could now institute rules that dictate all cameras need to have a certain FOV of x degrees and x distance that is unobstructed. Design your cockpit around that. Problem solved and numerous more probably created when in the beginning they could have just understood what was being asked of them.

I’m betting there will be a discussion and we don’t see that again for the rest of the weekend.
They weren’t asked not to block the camera, they were asked not to put ice packs on it.