2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
doji desu

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Redbull sells both teams to Honda for 2021?

Big Tea

djos wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 09:24
Thunder wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 07:46
It's just the bi-monthly quit Threat..... getting old.
I had the same thought .... I dont think Dan is going to miss all the RBR drama.
Hmmm. Or maybe he believes it and factored that into his 'move' decision?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

doji desu wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 10:08
You know what, it might happen that Honda purchases STR at some point. Honda has spoken so flattering about them and they insisted (around the time that RBR made the contract signing public) that RBR is not a wroks team anymore then STR is (equal treatment).

Why would Honda not want to be a Works team themselves (like Mercedes wanted after having joined forces with McLaren for some years, and Like Renault wanted (after having purchased Lotus) and working with most noticeably RBR for some years.

Why would Honda like to only remain engine supplier, why would they take the "ford cosworth" role of old days. Honda is a works team in other sports they built engines for. OK, they built street supersport motorcycles so there it matches more, but Honda Is (as a car manufacturer) just (about) as sportive as Renault or Mercedes.

And indeed maybe RBR itself will stop at some point, Mateschitz did say his final ambition was making Max the youngest champion. of course this does not have to be a strict rule, it is just an ambition he spoke out.

djos

Personally I think Gasly will wipe the floor with Max points wise, just like Dan did for the last few years.

He might not have the outright pace of Max, but I don't see him making petulant mistakes.
"In downforce we trust"

Jolle

Sieper wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 13:33
doji desu wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 10:08
You know what, it might happen that Honda purchases STR at some point. Honda has spoken so flattering about them and they insisted (around the time that RBR made the contract signing public) that RBR is not a wroks team anymore then STR is (equal treatment).

Why would Honda not want to be a Works team themselves (like Mercedes wanted after having joined forces with McLaren for some years, and Like Renault wanted (after having purchased Lotus) and working with most noticeably RBR for some years.

Why would Honda like to only remain engine supplier, why would they take the "ford cosworth" role of old days. Honda is a works team in other sports they built engines for. OK, they built street supersport motorcycles so there it matches more, but Honda Is (as a car manufacturer) just (about) as sportive as Renault or Mercedes.

And indeed maybe RBR itself will stop at some point, Mateschitz did say his final ambition was making Max the youngest champion. of course this does not have to be a strict rule, it is just an ambition he spoke out.
Honda and RedBull are a good match mainly because of the way Honda looks at the way they do marketing. With Renault and Mercedes they like to be the one that takes "point", putting their brand in all the adds, cars and brand front and center. Honda learned with Repsol that working together to build both brands is a very efficient way to do marketing. They want the Honda logo on cans of Redbull and that their marketing machine is going to work for them as well.

Wouter

djos wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 23:03
Personally I think Gasly will wipe the floor with Max points wise.
Yeah, right. Gasly is already as good as Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel in his 2e year. :lol:

Personally I think Gasly will wipe the floor with Max points wise, just like Dan did for the last few years.
Daniel Ricciardo left the team because he would not longer wipe the floor with Max. Yeah, right again! :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Max is only beating Dan this year because Dan has had so many mechanical DNF's.

Ps Dan still has double the wins :D
"In downforce we trust"

godlameroso

There's a few more races to go, I see a few more opportunities.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

Max Verstappen about Singapore: 'I really enjoy driving there'

Published on 07 September 2018

Max Verstappen previews the Grand Prix of Singapore, which will take place in a week: “I think the whole team is looking forward to Singapore because we know we have a real chance to have a good result there. The race has been a strong one for us in the past and I think we should be able to challenge for a podium this year. I really enjoy driving there; the track has a lot of corners and is quite bumpy but it makes it all the more interesting to find a good set-up for the car.”

The Dutch Aston Martin Red Bull Racing driver continues: “The night race and hot temperatures really test you to the limit, for me Singapore is physically the hardest race of the season. I have been preparing for quite a while. A night race in general is a bit different with the lights, it adds an extra aspect that we don’t have at the majority of races. The atmosphere around the whole weekend creates a great buzz and is a perfect way to kick off the fly away races.”
Daniel Ricciardo:

'I've been on the podium four times, of which three times as second', according to Max Verstappen's teammate in conversation with Speedweek. 'Now it's time to win that damn match,' continues Ricciardo, who will be under contract with the Renault factory team next season.

The circuit in Singapore is expected to be very good for the Red Bulls. Still, Ricciardo has not always enjoyed driving around. 'When I drove this track for the first time in 2011, I experienced one of the worst races I have ever ridden. The physical effort was enormous, I had simply underestimated how difficult it would be. "

The Singapore circuit is a real street circuit. 'The feeling of driving on the limit and getting so close to the walls ... You do not get enough of that. Singapore is a night race and the program there is pretty hectic, but it also has something romantic. '
The Power of Dreams!

Godius

Verstappen had an interview with the Dutch broadcaster and a question was asked if RBR was planning to install the new MGU-K system from Renault anytime soon. Verstappen said that there was no point in doing that because there is not much of a gain according to the RBR factory and the internal lay-out and the chassis would need to have a major redesign. Not worth it.

apexcontrol

Can't wait when redbull has a proper PU supplier, alot of bad things again today

NathanOlder

Noticed that Honda were consistently in the bottom few in the speed traps in Qualy
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

apexcontrol

Ofcourse bad car with loads of wing

roon

Godius wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:07
Verstappen said that there was no point in doing that because there is not much of a gain according to the RBR factory and the internal lay-out and the chassis would need to have a major redesign. Not worth it.
If that's true, they've moved it to an unorthodox location. Which begs the question of why.

M840TR

roon wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 22:58
Godius wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:07
Verstappen said that there was no point in doing that because there is not much of a gain according to the RBR factory and the internal lay-out and the chassis would need to have a major redesign. Not worth it.
If that's true, they've moved it to an unorthodox location. Which begs the question of why.
I think in the v8 era they had the Kers motor in the bell housing. Could be possible they've done it with this year's car. Either that or it's just that the mgu-k has radically different cooling requirements compared to the old one.