2018 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, 5-7 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
siskue2005

Re: 2018 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, 5-7 October

GrandAxe wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 14:57
siskue2005 wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 14:39
GrandAxe wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 14:15

Just to be particular, I mentioned Toro Rosso, not Monza.
Give it up mate, Vettel might not be as good as Lewis in the wet, but he can be handy.
why cant u guys answer simple question? what other noticable wet race did he excel?
He is really impressive in the video I posted, isn't he?
what this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkK8a4jHZ8
All i see is Vettel getting stalked by Lewis all through the laps and finally overtaking him in Equal Cars! :?

Not many drivers can do what Vettel did in that video.
Your arguments are neither here nor there, they just don't address anything I've said.
What drive slower than your opponent and get overtaken by him ? and that too on same car and tyres?
What exactly is your point?
the underlined part

godlameroso

Weather update for the weekend, Fri and Sat expect rain, much more likely on Saturday. Sunday is looking like clear skies. Gonna make setting up the cars rather difficult, as they may only get one dry session out of the 3 practices. Also big chance for cars to qualify out of position, I know the Red Bull isn't as good in the rain as it has been previously, mostly because they use those paper thin rear wings.
Saishū kōnā

GrandAxe

siskue2005 wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 15:10
GrandAxe wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

why cant u guys answer simple question? what other noticable wet race did he excel?

All i see is Vettel getting stalked by Lewis all through the laps and finally overtaking him in Equal Cars! :?

Your arguments are neither here nor there, they just don't address anything I've said.
What drive slower than your opponent and get overtaken by him ? and that too on same car and tyres?
the underlined part
I've said Vettel can be decent in the wet (which is something proven by history, fact and the video I posted). Your counterarguments neither make any point nor address reality, or anything I've said for that matter.

I'm a Lewis fan too, but you are taking this to the point of blindness.

Let's agree to disagree, there are better things to do than waste pages with pointless posts.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

GrandAxe

One would have thought that their supplies would come by air. #-o

Danlizzyman

siskue2005 wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 15:53
GrandAxe wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 15:34
siskue2005 wrote:

the underlined part
I've said Vettel can be decent in the wet (which is something proven by history, fact and the video I posted). Your counterarguments neither make any point nor address reality, or anything I've said for that matter.

I'm a Lewis fan too, but you are taking this to the point of blindness.

Let's agree to disagree, there are better things to do than waste pages with pointless posts.
lol....i am a Kimi fan and mercedes fan
it is not I who is blind about their idol :lol:
Siskue, I’ve lost count of the number of times threads have descended into an impossible to read mess due to your pointless arguments about drivers. Why not open a thread dedicated to it and have at it there to your heart’s content?

Mods feel free to delete this post, but please keep an eye on this trend, this is the 2018 Japanese GP thread ffs!

Sieper

I have certain users on the ignore list. You still get a posting stating they have posted, but you do not see the actual text (unless a valuable users replies to them). It helps, a lot.

Danlizzyman

Good to know Sieper, thanks!

JonoNic

So we are in for some green track racing this Sunday... Here's hoping for a new race winner too!
Always find the gap then use it.

Shrieker

Anyone else think this track deserves a second DRS zone after the spoon curves, with the detection zone before them ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

siskue2005

Shrieker wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:18
Anyone else think this track deserves a second DRS zone after the spoon curves, with the detection zone before them ?
Yes, last two years the overtaking was pretty bad in comparison
But i dont think they will add, as this year the slip stream effect is really high

Shrieker

Yes, but unfortunately so is the effect of turbulence, which makes it extremely difficult to follow thru the spoon curves, which is already a very tricky section without any turbulence to begin with. It's next to impossible for cars with similar performance to get a good exit and take advantage of the slipstream - which is a joykill.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

iotar__

Vasconia wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 09:05
Andres125sx wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 17:34
My favourite track ever!!

It was better when cars were able to chase each other, and specially when 130R was a proper corner where cars couldn´t go flat out, but still my favourite combination of different corners and straights in the calendar

Edit: Felt the need to watch Alonso-Schumacher overtake at 130R again, man I still feel the shock it was when watched it live :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGdmWq4ooQo

From this one it looks easy :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuDokYf2u94
I dont mean it wasn´t a good overtake but Schumacher was so slow at that moment. Look how the McLaren behind him wants to overtake him going left and right.
Everytime Schumacher got overtaken he was slow, something was wrong, tyres etc. it was never someone better. :wink:

About OP: Geez, there's no pleasing F1 crowd, cars are either not quick enough (slower than in good old days like 2004) or corners are flat out :D .

Speaking of 130R, Schumacher and overtakes my broken memory made me remember that Villeneuve on Schumacher happened there, turns out it was Estoril, wrong direction and side as well :oops:, this one:

godlameroso

Shrieker wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:24
Yes, but unfortunately so is the effect of turbulence, which makes it extremely difficult to follow thru the spoon curves, which is already a very tricky section without any turbulence to begin with. It's next to impossible for cars with similar performance to get a good exit and take advantage of the slipstream - which is a joykill.
Yes and no. The wake of the car through a turn has a yaw moment as well. Meaning as the car cuts through a corner, it's centrifugal force is transferred to the air that flows around it, in other words, the turbulence of the leading car gets tossed to the outside of the corner. If the following car can take a tighter line it will have clean-ish air through the corner. Obviously all the leading car has to do is take a different line to put the following car on the outside of it's wake to maintain an aero advantage.

We saw this clearly when Verstappen was dueling with Hamilton in China.
Saishū kōnā

f1316

siskue2005 wrote:
GrandAxe wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

the underlined part
Just right off the top of my head (and there were actually lots in the RB days): check out Brazil quali 2013; Seb over 1s faster than Webber in the same car/conditions (and as it happens Nico 0.5s ahead of Lewis in the Mercedes).

Just an example as I say - plenty of examples of Seb being very good in the wet in the RB; you can say that it’s the best car, but the other RB wasn’t usually P2, which you can’t say about Mercedes wet weather performance in recent years.