2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jolle

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

Restomaniac wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 16:36
Manoah2u wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 16:20
Not even close.
It needs to be remembered that Hamilton has never won a race after securing the title and Bottas has currently been miles off.
Two podiums and a points finish is manageable if Ferrari has two one-two's.

Big Tea

Restomaniac wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Not even close.
It needs to be remembered that Hamilton has never won a race after securing the title and Bottas has currently been miles off.
Merc 585 Ferrari 530 with 2 to go. They can not even do it with 2 1-2's if Merc get 3-4's
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Restomaniac

Fair points from all. However as I say it’s just an inclination and TBH I’ve been wrong before.

digitalrurouni

Restomaniac wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Not even close.
This. I am very curious to see if Hamilton does have the motivation to do his best though since he has mentioned that the job is not done - referring to the Constructor's Championship I suppose.

I wonder what happened to Bottas. He was on the sharp end of the stick earlier in the season. Seems like he has been broken down by playing wingman?!

Big Tea

digitalrurouni wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 18:36
Restomaniac wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Not even close.
This. I am very curious to see if Hamilton does have the motivation to do his best though since he has mentioned that the job is not done - referring to the Constructor's Championship I suppose.

I wonder what happened to Bottas. He was on the sharp end of the stick earlier in the season. Seems like he has been broken down by playing wingman?!
I would like to see Bottas get 'full assistance' for the last 2 races as a bit of payback for his work in the year.
No benefit to Hamilton getting extra points now, just wins on his CV, will he be as thankful for the help as he said he was?

Looks too much to get Bottas into second, but a couple of wins will make him feel better.

Just_a_fan

Restomaniac wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Not even close.
He's never had to help win the WCC after his WDC though, has he? Fairly sure that's the case.

I think he'll be motivated to win for his guys and gals. A nice way to pay them back for their hard work.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

Big Tea wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 18:43

I would like to see Bottas get 'full assistance' for the last 2 races as a bit of payback for his work in the year.
He's publicly stated that he doesn't want to be gifted wins. I don't think he'd actually take too kindly to Hamilton letting him through, assuming Hamilton was leading. Of course, Hamilton could let him catch and make a bit of a play at defending. Easy to make it look like the win was, well, won.

We might, of course, see Bottas taking the bull by the horns and driving the wheels off his car to earn a win all on his own. I hope that is the case. I like Bottas.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

digitalrurouni

Yeah I like Bottas as well. Excited for the upcoming race. I expect Ferrari to crush Mercedes this weekend.

TAG

Restomaniac wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Not even close.
They have two races to score 31 points no matter what Ferrari does if Mercedes scores 31 points, it's a done deal. Only result that could bring things back into play would be a double Mercedes DNF with Ferrari getting a 1-2. Don't hold your breath.

EDIT: and oh yeah, rain because it's Interlagos.
Last edited by TAG on 06 Nov 2018, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 21:37
Big Tea wrote:

He's publicly stated that he doesn't want to be gifted wins. I don't think he'd actually take too kindly to Hamilton letting him through, assuming Hamilton was leading. Of course, Hamilton could let him catch and make a bit of a play at defending. Easy to make it look like the win was, well, won.

We might, of course, see Bottas taking the bull by the horns and driving the wheels off his car to earn a win all on his own. I hope that is the case. I like Bottas.
I don't think anyone wants to be gifted un earned wins ( in normal circumstances ) but there is now no reason why he cannot have the best strategy or feedback from the tyre change on the other car first, the tow in qualli or first call on timing etc.

PlatinumZealot

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 21:37
Big Tea wrote:

Cute... but he really has no say in the matter.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

godlameroso

This circuit needs good top speed, the requirements are similar to Spa, with the caveat that the high altitude means you can carry a bit more wing. Turns 6-12 make the biggest difference as far as lap time is concerned, but the 2 high speed sections also require plenty of grunt.
Saishū kōnā

Sierra117

I think Merc should fair well even with the power disadvantage to Ferrari. They've been murdering in fast corners throughout the season and the low speed corners also seems solved, unless it's tied to the new wheels, which then becomes contingent on whether they use them or not.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Polite

Sierra117 wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 01:31
I think Merc should fair well even with the power disadvantage to Ferrari. They've been murdering in fast corners throughout the season and the low speed corners also seems solved, unless it's tied to the new wheels, which then becomes contingent on whether they use them or not.
Press say that they will not run the new wheels...