2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sierra117

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

astracrazy wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 21:53
Max: You can say i should give him room after but its not like that we are racing so its not like that
Sky: Lewis said when your leading a race you dont take those risks
Max: Easy to say from his side when your 2nd
Sky: do you not have any regrets?
Max: No nothing

Awful attitude.
It's like Anakin (Max) and Darth Sidious (Marko) 😂
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

DutchDopey

Really weird that some people are letting their already made up opinion of Max so clutter their judgement. Max never expected that Ocon would continue to attack. There was no reason at all for Ocon to do that other than just hinder Max and distort the race, none at all. And with all the adrenaline and enormous consequences cut him some slack for his response. We have all seen far worse.

astracrazy

DutchDopey wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 22:00
Really weird that some people are letting their already made up opinion of Max so clutter their judgement. Max never expected that Ocon would continue to attack. There was no reason at all for Ocon to do that other than just hinder Max and distort the race, none at all. And with all the adrenaline and enormous consequences cut him some slack for his response. We have all seen far worse.
The point is it shouldnt matter what Ocon is doing. Max is in the lead and should take that reaponsibility to ensure it stays like that. As Lewis said you always leave room. As Martin said its not all about who you hit but who you let hit you.

The biggest issue is it doesnt matter what incident it is its always the same response. Not his fault always someone elses, ego too big to ever learn from it and obviously not prepared to listen to any advice.

He has a poor attitude and seems to think he has some right on the race track that no one else has. He thinks that makes him a good driver but it makes him a fool as we have seen today.
Last edited by astracrazy on 11 Nov 2018, 22:11, edited 2 times in total.

Scorpaguy

Max vs. Ocon...

...both were in the right and the wrong here in this situation. The only wise comments were from Ham. Still I cannot help but think of Horner's remarks from a few races back when Max and Vet diced, he said, "Vet should know that Max does not give room"...well what goes around comes around...long time coming IMHO.

As for the incident in the scale room...with all those macho F1 drivers around, you would have thought one of them could have loaned Ocon a testicle.
Last edited by Scorpaguy on 11 Nov 2018, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

TAG

DutchDopey wrote:
And with all the adrenaline and enormous consequences cut him some slack for his response. We have all seen far worse.
From who and when?

Red Bull has done nothing but cut Max slack, he cost them a certain win today and what's funny is that he's complaining about another driving doing something that was unexpected... that's been his modus operandi since he came into the sport, you'd think he's give a young up an coming driver the benefit of racing room he could very well have afforded to give but chose not to.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

turbof1

DutchDopey wrote:
You are allowed to unlap yourself, that's an established right. I agree that Ocon should have backed out of it when it was clear there was no space to get passed without hindering Verstappen. However, Verstappen dictated the room on the inside. He took too much risk in situation that really did not demanded that. Ocon got rightfully punished, but Verstappen could have avoided it.

As far as I go, Verstappen should take a good sleep, calm down and afterwards come out with an apology for his undecent behaviour. These aren't the 80's or 90's; this will linger a loooonnng time on twitter, facebook, youtube,... . The massive exposure of kids looking up to Verstappen should not be underestimated. Whatever happens, there should always be a level of decency. Be mad, curse, insult, whatever but don't go physical. I can understand his anger, but he has to control it. He should apologize for it when he has cooled down.

In all honesty, the red bull team is to blame for the post race incident as well. They had enough indications of verstappen's mindsight after crossing the finish line. They should have made sure to keep those 2 separate.
#AeroFrodo

Just_a_fan

astracrazy wrote:
Someone should remind Max that Hamilton has won (72) nearly as many F1 races as Max has ever driven in (80)! #-o

Edit: just realized that if Lewis wins the next race, he'll have the same number of race wins as Seb and Kimi combined. Wow.
Last edited by Just_a_fan on 11 Nov 2018, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

MtthsMlw

turbof1

And here we see dear viewers, the Kimi-bot 9000 in his natural habitat!
#AeroFrodo

jz11

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 22:17
astracrazy wrote:
Someone should remind Max that Hamilton has won (72) nearly as many F1 races as Max has ever driven in (80)! #-o
do you really believe he would pay any attention to that?
in his mind he has already won 10 championships and is a leader in every F1 statistic, well, you know, apart from the youngest pole sitter :wink:

DutchDopey

turbof1 wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 22:11
DutchDopey wrote:
You are allowed to unlap yourself, that's an established right. I agree that Ocon should have backed out of it when it was clear there was no space to get passed without hindering Verstappen. However, Verstappen dictated the room on the inside. He took too much risk in situation that really did not demanded that. Ocon got rightfully punished, but Verstappen could have avoided it.

As far as I go, Verstappen should take a good sleep, calm down and afterwards come out with an apology for his undecent behaviour. These aren't the 80's or 90's; this will linger a loooonnng time on twitter, facebook, youtube,... . The massive exposure of kids looking up to Verstappen should not be underestimated. Whatever happens, there should always be a level of decency. Be mad, curse, insult, whatever but don't go physical.
I Will respond to you since it looks like you at least have some open mind compared to some other people who would never allow themselves to see it from Max pov.

Max never thought Ocon would continue to attack... There was no reason for that whatsoever, so he just did not expect it and went for his raceline. Regarding his behavior, let’s walk in his shoes , it would have cost me also a whole lot to restrain myself. I hope I also would react differently than Max did, but I am not 100% sure I would.

FrukostScones

DRS rules need to be changed.
They should only allow racing order DRS moves.
Always thougt how stupid it was that the algorithm can't distinguish. Just causes DRS trains... with backmarkers and leads to silly stuff like that today.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

astracrazy

DutchDopey wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 22:23
turbof1 wrote:
DutchDopey wrote:

As far as I go, Verstappen should take a good sleep, calm down and afterwards come out with an apology for his undecent behaviour. These aren't the 80's or 90's; this will linger a loooonnng time on twitter, facebook, youtube,... . The massive exposure of kids looking up to Verstappen should not be underestimated. Whatever happens, there should always be a level of decency. Be mad, curse, insult, whatever but don't go physical.
I Will respond to you since it looks like you at least have some open mind compared to some other people who would never allow themselves to see it from Max pov.

Max never thought Ocon would continue to attack... There was no reason for that whatsoever, so he just did not expect it and went for his raceline. Regarding his behavior, let’s walk in his shoes , it would have cost me also a whole lot to restrain myself. I hope I also would react differently than Max did, but I am not 100% sure I would.
And there is his mistake which Lewis tried to give him advice about but he dismissed it
FrukostScones wrote:
Always thougt how stupid it was that the algorithm can't distinguish. Just causes DRS trains... with backmarkers and leads to silly stuff like that today.
It doesnt need to change at all. The rules allow you to unlap yourself.

jz11

FrukostScones wrote:
it all becomes complicated very quickly when more than 1 back marker is involved, and quite often they are drivers racing for points

and there is a very easy fix to this - don't let you ego drive the car, use your head, the correct one, that incident didn't happen in couple turns, he should have seen in mirrors what is going on, and he has the team behind his back to warn him, I figure it was 70/30 Max/Ocon fault, Ocon got his punishment and so did Max, the sad part is, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, it was just a lucky brake for him these past few races without a contact

turbof1

DutchDopey wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
DutchDopey wrote:

He of course did not expect that. It doesn't happen often anyhow that a lapped car is able to unlap itself. I think Verstappen threated it too much as a blue flag situation, although that is understandable. I guess it's always a matter of looking into your back mirrors in such cases. It's really a case of spacial awareness too. Raikkonen for instance heavily excells at that, Grosjean totally does not. Verstappen in this case either completely assumed Ocon would back off, which Ocon should have done, or he did not know Ocon was still in there. It's a rare lesson to be learned. Again, in all fairness Ocon should have backed out. I think everybody agrees on that.

I think Vettel learned the same lesson during the 2012 german GP, when Hamilton had big set back during the race and ended up half way the race behind Vettel, was on fresher tyres and hindered Vettel with unlapping himself. It's a very grey area.

Verstappen should have shown more control post-race. He had almost half a race to calm down really. Yes, I would be furious too, but I would have shown restraint. Just like so many other drivers who got unfairly bowled out of races. It happened to Hamilton in 2012 on the same track when Hulkenberg tried to pass Hamilton for the win, instead sliddering into his side and breaking off his suspension. Hamilton afterwards stayed calm. Dissapointed, yes. Furious, probably. But he remained collected.
#AeroFrodo