2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TwanV

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

Starscreamer wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 12:19
I had punch Ocon in the face!!!
hitting is bad, #keeppushing

Just_a_fan

Starscreamer wrote:

Why is Max always the guilty one #-o
Perhaps you should ask yourself why Max so often ends up in situations where people might judge him. If you keep getting in scrapes with various drivers (rather than one that has a grudge, for example) then you need to examine your own actions as much as those of the other drivers.

Max never thinks he's at fault (that's racing drivers, generally, but they usually hold their hands up to blatant mess ups), it's always the other guy who did something wrong. Now, the likelihood that it's always the other guy at fault is rather small, isn't it? Sometimes, Max messes up. It would be good for his long term prospects if he would start to accept that and stop acting like a spolit child. His father is at fault here, and the team aren't helping.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

aral

This thread is about the Brazilain GP 2018. and Rosberg was not driving in it. So please do not bring up issues between Hamilton and Rosberg. They are irrelevant.

turbof1

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 12:43
Starscreamer wrote:

Perhaps you should ask yourself why Max so often ends up in situations where people might judge him. If you keep getting in scrapes with various drivers (rather than one that has a grudge, for example) then you need to examine your own actions as much as those of the other drivers.

Max never thinks he's at fault (that's racing drivers, generally, but they usually hold their hands up to blatant mess ups), it's always the other guy who did something wrong. Now, the likelihood that it's always the other guy at fault is rather small, isn't it? Sometimes, Max messes up. It would be good for his long term prospects if he would start to accept that and stop acting like a spolit child. His father is at fault here, and the team aren't helping.
Ok, let's not make this any worse through involving his father. Helmut Marko doing that was already bad enough. Let's stick to what happened during the race weekend.

Curious that Max barely calmed down between the accident and the end of the race. There was like half a race distance between it I believe? Also yes the team in no way contributed to keep things from exploding. Verstappen telling how he felt on the after race inlap should have been a red flag.
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u

Max getting FIA punishment is BS. He should have had a official warning, no more no less.

Ocon was a total douchebag, whom is frustrated to the bone and destroyed Max' win. It doesn't matter whether or not Max should have left room, you DONT CAUSE A COLLISION and ocon was behind and should have bailed out right there. it was a useless move he was 2 laps behind and it would have not made any difference to the outcome.
it's repeating and repeating with Ocon.

Ocon should indeed be happy just having had a push. It was adrenaline and nothing more and i'm pretty sure his response to max provoked the push.

Piquet hit and kicked a driver. not first time some heated stuff happens.

Hell, knowing Max' father, Max behaved pretty well. Jos would have literally punched Ocon in the face. Hell, Jos even drove into his ex wife with his car.
So concidering Max' background, he behaved exceedingly restricted.

What would you guys think Senna had done?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

marvin78

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 12:50

Let Ocon through in the race situation.

Wynters

Manoah2u wrote:
Not actively tried to block someone who he wasn't racing?
Manoah2u wrote:
It doesn't matter whether or not Max should have left room, you DONT CAUSE A COLLISION
Ocon was alongside Verstappen. Verstappen turned across him and left him nowhere to go. The instant Max decided to cut across him, the collision was inevitable.

The race doesn't end when you are lapped. Everyone who isn't a Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari driver doesn't retire after the first ten laps.
Last edited by Wynters on 12 Nov 2018, 13:13, edited 2 times in total.

Manoah2u

marvin78 wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 12:52
Manoah2u wrote:

Let Ocon through in the race situation.
:lol: :lol: :lol: never. remember a certain Irvine doing that to Senna? go look it up. #-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sierra117

turbof1 wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 12:49

Curious that Max barely calmed down between the accident and the end of the race. There was like half a race distance between it I believe? Also yes the team in no way contributed to keep things from exploding. Verstappen telling how he felt on the after race inlap should have been a red flag.
Amusingly, he says he hopes not to find Ocon in the paddock, then proceeds to look for him himself ... kid needs someone in his corner who can keep his head cool.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

turbof1

Manoah2u wrote:
Wynters wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 12:53
Manoah2u wrote:
Not actively tried to block someone who he wasn't racing?
That's really going off topic now but...

I don't have to think that; I know what he actually did. Just look up irvine senna suzuka 1993. And for the record, that was shameful behaviour from Senna.
#AeroFrodo

marvin78

I did not remember that. And yes, it was shameful. As was Max's behavior. People can have moments like that. It's human. Let's hope Verstappen learns his lessons soon. I would like to see hin win such races like yesterday and more. But with his attitude the more will not happen. He will only win single races and not battle for championchips.

santos

Starscreamer wrote:
santos wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 12:08
After the race, Max really showed why he is a an idiot. He may be a talented driver, althought not very smart… and he lost the first place because of that.
He was holding himself.
I had punch Ocon in the face!!!
I give Verstappen 100% right.
Ocon is a complete idiot in this case.
Ocon had the right to unlap himself. He was faster. If Max was a smart guy, he would protect his position... the first place.
Last edited by Steven on 12 Nov 2018, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No personal comments please

turbof1

Sierra117 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

Amusingly, he says he hopes not to find Ocon in the paddock, then proceeds to look for him himself ... kid needs someone in his corner who can keep his head cool.
It was Hamilton after the race trying to give Verstappen some perspective. This really should have come from the team. There's nothing wrong with being angry, and from Verstappen's perspective I agree Ocon should not have been there. But Verstappen has to avoid this behaviour. Roberto Fenati had a lot less credit with his ex-current and -future teams and paid the price for not controlling his anger.

That being said, Ocon did put up an arrogant grin when Verstappen approached him. Not exactly helpful either.
#AeroFrodo

TwanV

turbof1 wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 13:02
That being said, Ocon did put up an arrogant grin when Verstappen approached him. Not exactly helpful either.
He did? What a lousy guy.

WaikeCU

Sierra117 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

Well tbh, Max' behaviour can shine a light on his growth and his potential. Yes, he's quick and can win races, but if he keeps making mistakes without a Championship on the line, imagine if he's in Championship contention... and he recklessly punts other Championship contenders off the track due to pressure. What will happen then? It's his 4th season for god sakes...

Honestly, I thought he could cope well under pressure, but this season the race in COTA I noticed him making a mistake due to pressure when Lewis wasn't even attempting an overtake at all that very moment in the latter stages of the race.