2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TAG

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

We can always talk about Vettel's total unraveling and how his weighbridge antics have shown him once again to come under the red mist rage , cursing Charlie out, throwing his car at a competitor and destroying FiA property. Wasn't there some stipulation about his behavior in the future or something like that after the Charlie incident?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

marvin78

Yes. Please make a new thread for that. It's easier to avoid this stupid talks.

turbof1

Alright, let's just cut off the discussion about the Verstappen/Ocon incident right here. The persons who wanted to discuss this had their fun. After this posts about it will be removed. Give other members a chance to discuss other events as well.
#AeroFrodo

GrandAxe

Why close the thread because of a petulant minority who want their way or they lose their cool?

If anything, this thread should be left open as a warning to F1's owners about how inconsistent marshalling and skewed interpretation of rules can factionalise F1, cause fans to mirror the same behaviour, maybe even draw in the wrong sort fans etc.

turbof1

GrandAxe wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 16:35
Why close the thread because of a petulant minority who want their way or they lose their cool?

If anything, this thread should be left open as a warning to F1's owners about how inconsistent marshalling and skewed interpretation of rules can factionalise F1, cause fans to mirror the same behaviour, maybe even draw in the wrong sort fans etc.
I'm not closing the thread, just shutting off a particular discussion. I certainly would not have the audacity to say F1 owners or their employees are keeping track of it. Even if they did, I'd say they have dozens of pages of information. There's nothing in this anymore but annoyance, so I ask again in a friendly manner: let's move on.
#AeroFrodo

strad

I agree ,,, Shut It Down.
It's over I'm right and that's all there is to it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

GrandAxe

turbof1 wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 18:29
GrandAxe wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 16:35

I'm not closing the thread, just shutting off a particular discussion. I certainly would not have the audacity to say F1 owners or their employees are keeping track of it. Even if they did, I'd say they have dozens of pages of information. There's nothing in this anymore but annoyance, so I ask again in a friendly manner: let's move on.
Ok, lets move on.

I really didn't mean F1's owners are following this particular thread :oops: , but rather the unfortunate trend on it which is replicated across the internet.

Please can someone open the Abu Dhabi thread early? I would have, but am always horribly pressed for time and MtthsMlw usually has the honour.

langedweil

It seems there is a small minority that think it was all Ocons fault including the race stewards.
But I agree with you, how anyone can't see the way Max side swiped Ocon is unbelievable
Playing it down as a small minority doesn’t really add any value to that opinion.
Anywayz, regardless of the result I guess we should agree that seeing 3way battles are a lot more fun to watch .. hell, let’s set our hopes for 4/5way battles next year.
HuggaWugga !

dans79

langedweil wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 06:01
It seems there is a small minority that think it was all Ocons fault including the race stewards.
But I agree with you, how anyone can't see the way Max side swiped Ocon is unbelievable
Playing it down as a small minority doesn’t really add any value to that opinion.
Anywayz, regardless of the result I guess we should agree that seeing 3way battles are a lot more fun to watch .. hell, let’s set our hopes for 4/5way battles next year.
I get way more enjoyment out of utter domination!
197 104 103 7

Just_a_fan

dans79 wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 06:43

Giving or receiving? :shock: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Juzh

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 08:48
dans79 wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 06:43

Giving or receiving? :shock: :lol:
Answer is obvious.

ispano6

dans79 wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 19:39
ispano6 wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 08:57
dans79 wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 08:26
The comment section is pure gold, it makes it blatantly obvious just how stupid your average fan is in regards to the rules.
So the FIA is wrong in their ruling? #-o
The FIA didn't make a ruling the stewards did and I said before they are generally a bunch of buffoons.
The stewards are generally well respected former racers. They don't have the last word, but their input is regarded.
https://www.formula1.com/en/championshi ... cials.html

NathanOlder

ispano6 wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 21:59
dans79 wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 19:39
ispano6 wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 08:57

So the FIA is wrong in their ruling? #-o
The FIA didn't make a ruling the stewards did and I said before they are generally a bunch of buffoons.
The stewards are generally well respected former racers. They don't have the last word, but their input is regarded.
https://www.formula1.com/en/championshi ... cials.html
True, but in the past there have been instances where Ch4's David Coulthard has an opinion on an incident and then on Sky, Martin Brundle has the opposite view. Both are well respected but both can't be right. Therfore one is probably wrong or more wrong than the other.

So just because its... Derek Warrick or Mika Salo, doesn't mean they get it right every time.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ispano6

The article clearly states who makes the final call and it's not the stewards. So it's the race director, Charlie Whiting.

"Five of the seven officials are nominated by the FIA. These are the race director (currently Charlie Whiting), a permanent starter and three additional stewards, one of whom is nominated chairman and one of whom is an experienced former driver. The additional stewards must be FIA Super Licence holders.

The other two key officials are nominated by the National Sporting Authority (ASN) of the country holding the race. These are the clerk of the course and an additional steward (who must be a national of the host nation). Both must be FIA Super Licence holders."

So not only are all the officials FIA superlicense holders outside of the FIA officials, but all but two are nominated by the FIA.

So the ruling of each race is in fact an FIA ruling and not some whimsical farce of some commentators or stewards with the benefit of hindsight and replays. Brundle, Hill, Scarborough all can have their opinions but Charlie Whiting has the last word, period. And he is the FIA.

Some fans here refuse to accept this for idiotic reasons, naivety of youth or something.

iotar__

ispano6 wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 17:02
The article clearly states who makes the final call and it's not the stewards. So it's the race director, Charlie Whiting.

"Five of the seven officials are nominated by the FIA. These are the race director (currently Charlie Whiting), a permanent starter and three additional stewards, one of whom is nominated chairman and one of whom is an experienced former driver. The additional stewards must be FIA Super Licence holders.

The other two key officials are nominated by the National Sporting Authority (ASN) of the country holding the race. These are the clerk of the course and an additional steward (who must be a national of the host nation). Both must be FIA Super Licence holders."

So not only are all the officials FIA superlicense holders outside of the FIA officials, but all but two are nominated by the FIA.

So the ruling of each race is in fact an FIA ruling and not some whimsical farce of some commentators or stewards with the benefit of hindsight and replays. Brundle, Hill, Scarborough all can have their opinions but Charlie Whiting has the last word, period. And he is the FIA.

Some fans here refuse to accept this for idiotic reasons, naivety of youth or something.
Yep, stewards are glorified FIA tourists :wink: and occasional facemen, f. driver stewards explained: blah, safety, blah. You could not achieve this consistant level of selective decision making if many poeple were involved =P~ .

It's especially apparent in inventive on the spot bending or outright breaking of the rules in favour of marketing chosen ones, for example give back position after yellows overtake in Australia.

Since the thread is still going on, with all the radio messages before the incident Verstappen can't even pretend that Ocon did something unexpected.