2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
sprint car76

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Unfortunately the races aren't on the simulator. Kubica ran the car a few times in fp 1 this year, where was the speed then. Remember when kubica admitted this years car was ---. All this talk blaming the results on the drivers is a waste of time. Williams need to produce a better car if it wants to progress up the grid. Kubica is not their savour. I won't be surprised if russel out qualifies him.

marmer

sprint car76 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 07:11
Unfortunately the races aren't on the simulator. Kubica ran the car a few times in fp 1 this year, where was the speed then. Remember when kubica admitted this years car was ---. All this talk blaming the results on the drivers is a waste of time. Williams need to produce a better car if it wants to progress up the grid. Kubica is not their savour. I won't be surprised if russel out qualifies him.
I don't think most would be one lap pace has not been Roberts strength on his return but his long runs have been exceptional. Perhaps this is just due to time out of the car and give him a couple of months driving every other weekend he will find the speed again

marmer

Just on the reports that Robert is faster than both current driver's in the simulator.
If I was either of them I would be quite embarrassed that a driver who is physically disabled. Hasn't driven anything in anger for 9 years and only done testing in current format of cars and not a huge amount of miles comapred to what both lance and sirgi have clocked up

NathanOlder

Nice work Williams, step 1 complete. Sirotkin is absolute trash, Russell and Kubica is a way stronger partnership, equal to Massa Bottas in my opinion. Now a decent title sponsor (if its the one posted on the previous page, they will look even more like Sauber!)

Next season will bring podiums [-o< with the advance in driver skills :mrgreen:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

marmer wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 09:25
Just on the reports that Robert is faster than both current driver's in the simulator.
If I was either of them I would be quite embarrassed that a driver who is physically disabled. Hasn't driven anything in anger for 9 years and only done testing in current format of cars and not a huge amount of miles comapred to what both lance and sirgi have clocked up
You can overcome a physical disability , but you cant overcome a lack of talent.
You can practice all you like, but Stroll and Sirotkin have always been lacking the final 3-5% in talent.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 22 Nov 2018, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

F1NAC

what a lifetime ride for him. Glad for him to be back.

iotar__

- Colour me wrong and surprised.
- Long break much bigger problem than any hand issues (IMO). Age doesn't help either with adapting.
- Pay driver =P~ .

adrianjordan

Almost every driver on the grid, with the exception of the big names like Hamilton, Vettel et al, are effectively pay drivers. Hell even Alonso was a pay driver when he started out with Minard.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

netoperek

marmer wrote:
That's not exactly true. Robert has been driving various cars quite successfully during those 8 years, including WRC-2 championship in rookie year. It is true though that he has very limited mileage in new spec F1 cars, but he had no mileage at all when testing GP3, WEC and FE cars, making very strong impression each time. I guess he will get up to speed very soon.
I strongly believe that Russel is one of the best in this young generation. His overall record and form he has shown testing for Force India is very impressive. He also seems quite inteligent and down to earth. Hard to make any meaningful predictions, but he sure seems like a potential WDC material. I reckon he will be a very tough competition for Robert from day 1 and getting stronger with each race, as he seems to be a person that would not miss a chance to learn a thing or two from more experienced team mate.

Big Tea

netoperek wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 14:22
marmer wrote:
That's not exactly true. Robert has been driving various cars quite successfully during those 8 years, including WRC-2 championship in rookie year. It is true though that he has very limited mileage in new spec F1 cars, but he had no mileage at all when testing GP3, WEC and FE cars, making very strong impression each time. I guess he will get up to speed very soon.
I strongly believe that Russel is one of the best in this young generation. His overall record and form he has shown testing for Force India is very impressive. He also seems quite inteligent and down to earth. Hard to make any meaningful predictions, but he sure seems like a potential WDC material. I reckon he will be a very tough competition for Robert from day 1 and getting stronger with each race, as he seems to be a person that would not miss a chance to learn a thing or two from more experienced team mate.
He seems a nice guy and I hope he does well, but 'Robert is faster than both current driver's in the simulator'?
Hmm. I wonder if that is still correct for laps 50 to the race end in a car actually on track?

Anyway, He has his second chance, lets hope he makes a go of it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

He did pver a hundred laps before in testing i think. Race should not be problem.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

sprint car76

Kubica 1.5 slower than stroll. Well kubica fans what happened?

Manoah2u

ah look, there's the first kubica #hater.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

sprint car76

Seems to be o.k. to jump all over stroll, call him a bad driver, pay driver. Now after all the excitement of robert getting a ride next year and the article about how he's faster on the simulator he has his chance to prove it. Doesn't happen. Your answer to that is i'm a hater, really!