2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zokipirlo

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vettel had PU problems, Kimi was faster... easy choice to let him pass, it was more important to go for a win.... WDC title was gone, it was the same if Vettel or Kimi bring more points for WCC. I believe that Seb would let Kimi pass him even without a call.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Blackout

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

M840TR wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 19:18
According to Italian motorsport Ferrari is testing for a revolutionary cooling system for 2019 to make the sidepods even thinner.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrkDl-7W4AAucGY.jpg:large

https://cdn-3.motorsport.com/images/amp ... tail-1.jpg

In the first free practice session of the Brazilian GP, ​​Ferrari carried out fluid dynamics tests on the sides, mounting six sensors in the bellies to simulate a 2019 system that should allow particularly tight sides.

Ferrari did not try any time in the first free practice session of the GP of Brazil, but the team of the Cavallino worked hard to bring home useful results to the definition of what will be the car of 2019. The technicians directed by Mattia Binotto are studying the new bellies for the 670, that is to say the car next year which for now is only identifiable by the project number.

Enrico Cardile and David Sanchez, the aerodynamics that two years ago had invented on the SF70H a new concept to draw the sides, moving the radiator's mouths farthest from the front tires, avoiding the harmful effects of the turbulence generated by the wheel in motion.

The idea of ​​2017, then copied by many teams this year, will almost certainly be revolutionized on the Red of 2019 and it is rumored that Ferrari could bet on even narrower sides with a different cooling system. It is for this reason that a rake of sensors was also mounted inside the sides that have been modified in their fluid dynamics.

The two SF71Hs shot in different configurations just to give answers to the Maranello technical office. The skilled Albert Fabrega managed to catch the moment when they could see the sensors under the Ferrari body.

The camera, on the other hand, was seen at the bottom of the floor and was used to monitor the flow directed towards the diffuser and the flow diverters that reappeared on the floor near the tracks.

Via Albert Fabrega

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... 10884/amp/
Radiators built thanks to the additive manufacturing technologies?

djones

I think the introduction of LeClerc is going to be a big problem for this team.

He seems very fast and I can see Vettel and him just stealing points off of each other. It will also probably end up in Vettel getting mad like he does.

Sieper

I am not sure if this is actually going to be a problem for Ferrari itself. Maybe it is just as likely that Leclerc will have hard fights just as often with Lewis/Valterri or Max/Gasly. To be honoust, I expect most fights with Max, as Max is likely to pick a fight and likely/maybe the Honda RBR will also once again force him in to that role (attack mode) if it indeed is 3rd best car again.

TAG

Ferrari's policy has generally been as stated by Luca in 2013 when rumors of Vettel joining the team went rampant.
Luca di Montezemolo insisted that policy was not changing when he dismissed the Vettel story on Monday: “I don't want to have two roosters in the same henhouse, rather two drivers who race for Ferrari and not for themselves. I don't want problems and rivalries.”
I always found that comment a bit self contradictory because it implies having at least one "rooster" and a rooster is nall about himself.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Jackles-UK

djones wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 16:01

He seems very fast and I can see Vettel and him just stealing points off of each other. It will also probably end up in Vettel getting mad like he does.
Points off each other, potentially. Points off Ferrari, unlikely. It’s no coincidence that the year that Rosberg pushed Hamilton all the way to the last lap in 2016 is also the year of the most dominant F1 car in history.

If Ferrari genuinely want to win the constructors title it won’t be a bad thing to have two drivers pushing each other and Vettel could do with a kick up the backside after an all too comfortable last few years.

Big Tea

Jackles-UK wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 20:10
djones wrote:

Points off each other, potentially. Points off Ferrari, unlikely. It’s no coincidence that the year that Rosberg pushed Hamilton all the way to the last lap in 2016 is also the year of the most dominant F1 car in history.

If Ferrari genuinely want to win the constructors title it won’t be a bad thing to have two drivers pushing each other and Vettel could do with a kick up the backside after an all too comfortable last few years.
Just as long as they do not take each other out and remember who the are fighting.
Kimi as about as placid as it is possible to get in a F1 driver, but they even managed it :twisted:

Seb could be, erm, 'impetuous' some times, and with a young driver wanting to make a name for himself, they will need a tight shackle sometimes.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

F1NAC

Jackles-UK wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 20:10
djones wrote:

I would like them to review every race this year and learn from mistakes they've made this year regarding strategy. If they learn something from this season is this area. And if they do it will be step forward
Last edited by F1NAC on 29 Nov 2018, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

LM10

I hope Vettel wins a title with Ferrari before Leclerc gains upper hand.

The young man from Monaco, on the other hand, surely is the future and I'm happy about that.

Morteza

The team will be known as "Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow" according to FIA's 2019 entry list
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

santos

Some pictures from Ferrari Finali Mondiali

GoranF1

Ferrari president and Fernando Alonso had a meeting in Madrid yesterday.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Nonserviam85

GoranF1 wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 13:51
Vettel must be already feeling the Heat...

Big Tea

GoranF1 wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 13:51
That was the only time Fernando could fit him in this year.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.