2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Capharol

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso STR14

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 00:33
Capharol wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 00:05
I'm asking myself something....
IF Melbourne has been raced, could TR just "copy" the parts from RB (if they work)
because then the parts are in the open and for everybody to see .... so everybody could copy those parts....

this way RB didn't "share" it with TR (which isn't allowed) but "showed" it to them
interesting thought process, but would it work?

we'll have to see the RedBull car first. if it's philosophy is too different from that of the Toro Rosso, it's never going to work. i expect the cars to be very similar, but then again, this years toro rosso looks quite a lot like last years redbull, and on a personal level, i think it's more a case of toro rosso taking over redbull's evolution, and the redbull car itself will have a different direction. i'm not talking completely overhauled (even though that can't be taken out of the realm of possibilities either), but sufficiently in another direction that 'swapping' or 'handing out' parts is not going to work.

still, it's an interesting idea.

would it even be possible that for example, alfa romeo would start melbourne with it's 2018 chassis, but with 2019 wings, and race the next race with an entirely different chassis, ergo a ferrari 2019 copy, if they managed to make sure the crash test for the new tub is done the monday after melbourne? would it be unfair or unsportive? sure.

but it would bring alfa easily to the top 4 or 5.especially with kimi.

so yeah, what goes for them, goes for RedBull and ToroRosso.

perhaps another interesting question could also be:

is it allowed that 2 teams have the SAME technical director?

i know Adrian is focused on both, but officially, TR has none.
perhaps you're on to something and that's why ToroRosso gets to have RB's 2018 leftovers. =P~

the TR guys started 'playing' with it and came up with the 2019 melbourne car and then magically have a RB15 copy by the next race. if THAT happens, then i'm REALLY curious to see Kvyat vs Verstappen and Gasly vs Ambon.

interestingly, this could then apply to all over the entire field.

Mercedes could get a B-team in Williams (or Racing Point).
Ferrari gets Alfa (and/or Haas).
RedBull gets Toro Rosso.
Renault gets.....nothing. Mclaren, sure, but. Nah. Mclaren will never accept B-status.
exactly what my thoughts were, but just as you said the "core" has to be the same for both cars and because TR has no "Newey" running around, this could be a way for them to put big pressure on the midfield contesters and especially renault and McLaren, just to show them both "see, that's what you can do with a Honda engine"

maybe i'm thinking way off here, although it wouldn't suprise me if they would play it that way, but that's way to technical for my thinking

Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Seems that the exhaust and wastegates, are a little looking up for blowing the rear wing??

etusch

Marti_EF3

Seems that new parts have been added for the shakedown [-o<

https://twitter.com/i/status/1095692407931314176

Datco

Anyone know how filming day (shakedown) went, laps covered etc. It went ominously quiet.

etusch

McMika98

The best shakedown ever to date. Ingenious video. The wing design also looks promising seeing Ferrari adopted similar concept must be reassuring. Feels like Redbull are using Toro rosso to test this concept.

HPD

McMika98 wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 23:30
The best shakedown ever to date. Ingenious video. The wing design also looks promising seeing Ferrari adopted similar concept must be reassuring. Feels like Redbull are using Toro rosso to test this concept.
The Alfa Romeo takes it to the extreme, and that's why it surprises, but the idea is apparently known.

sn809

Tost said Honda better integrated than last yr, Honda made more improvements but depends on others as well. Should not need more than 3 engines, can have for the future.
Re James Key- Currently free of TR, Dont know what future will bring.
Re Kvyat- Convinced that Daniel can get more success.
Re Albon- Could be a surprise by the end of the yr.
Re Status- Always back of the midfield then expect in the front of the midfield

Marti_EF3

A few videos with the STR in action =P~

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 22:17
@Marti_EF3 ,

Marc Priestly has heard rumors that there are vibrations in the Honda engine.
Did you hear anything about it today on the circuit? Every little bit of information you have is welcome.
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 12:56
Marti_EF3 wrote:
@Marti_EF3 ,

Did you hear anything about it today on the circuit? Every little bit of information you have is welcome.
I didn't hear anything at the moment. But the PU sounds very smooth on shiftings and full throttle (RB and TR), more than last year. So, I think all is going well 😁

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 14:05
Wouter wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 12:56
Marti_EF3 wrote:
@Marti_EF3 ,

I didn't hear anything at the moment. But the PU sounds very smooth on shiftings and full throttle (RB and TR), more than last year. So, I think all is going well 😁
It has already been confirmed.
Dieter Rencken called Marc Priestly and the information appears to come from an ex-employee (2018) from RBR.
Last edited by Wouter on 20 Feb 2019, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

FMP
FMP

*edited*
Any source on that? I rank Fritz-Dieter Rencken highly despite some of his personal views, but I need to see or hear to believe that.
Last edited by FMP on 20 Feb 2019, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

gandharva

So an ex-employee knows how this years PU performs. Must be true then! XD