2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SiLo

Re: Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+

godlameroso wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 17:01
GPR -A wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 16:53
siskue2005 wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 16:42

which compound? C3?
Yes.
Wrong thread, starting with a 1:21 means they're ~3/4ths of a tank.
Likely second stint that would be done after one on a qualifying tyre.
Felipe Baby!

Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Do you hear that "bang" when downshifting on Turn 13?? It was the only Merc PU doing this, and many times...

Just_a_fan

That's a beautiful image. The car looks great in the new livery and that shot really shows it off well. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

De Jokke

I'm also not feeling too optimistic to be honest.
The drivers yesterday were 'status quo' about the car. Lewis telling it behaves differently which is not a 'happy Lewis' quote normally.

I'm not saying it's doom and gloom but my gut feeling says they didn't expect Ferrari to be this fast…
Also the Merc twitter is much more silent than in previous years...
REALLY HOPE to be proven wrong! [-o<
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

zibby43

De Jokke wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 23:07
The drivers yesterday were 'status quo' about the car. Lewis telling it behaves differently which is not a 'happy Lewis' quote normally.

I'm not saying it's doom and gloom but my gut feeling says they didn't expect Ferrari to be this fast…
The drivers haven't been able to do anything fun with the car, either. Lots of tire data gathering, aero correlation work, setup change correlation work, etc.

dans79

zibby43 wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 23:42
The drivers haven't been able to do anything fun with the car, either. Lots of tire data gathering, aero correlation work, setup change correlation work, etc.
Exactly, I wouldn't be overly joyful either knowing I have a few more days of cold monotonous work, before I can do anything fun.
197 104 103 7

Phil

You really think the drivers are not at all conscious about what the other teams - their direct competitors are up to?

If anything, they know better than any of us how their own car stacks up against one another. I’d be extremely surprised if Lewis and Co were more concerned about their program rather than what the competition is doing....
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dans79

Phil wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 00:35
You really think the drivers are not at all conscious about what the other teams - their direct competitors are up to?

If anything, they know better than any of us how their own car stacks up against one another. I’d be extremely surprised if Lewis and Co were more concerned about their program rather than what the competition is doing....
You only have to go back to last year to see he didn't have anything great to say either. last year he was claiming RBR was going to be right at the front, and he had no idea how the top 3 compared.
197 104 103 7

Phil

I’m not saying it’s exact science. I am saying that they (the drivers and the team) have a very good understanding on how well they stack up to the rest. Concerned faces are perhaps early indications, especially in a situation like this when you have a major regulation change and teams going in very different directions with little chance to simply copy over bits without altering the entire car.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

amritc1

Well said Phill

NathanOlder

Do we have photo's and video's of these concerned faces ? Maybe it was just before the lunch break and Toto ordered for the gearbox to be changed and the Mechanics were annoyed at doing it again!
Maybe the team were told they have plain pasta again for lunch!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sierra117

Up close and personal with Lewis (can't seem to embed video): https://www.formula1.com/931279b4-1e10- ... 596b26a219
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

KiLLu12258

De Jokke wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 23:07

keep cool. lets wait till they show a better time. With those laps at the moment its safe that they have a lot of fuel left. Also longruns looks not bad.

F1Krof

Does not sound good.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... f-ferrari/
After three days of testing in Barcelona, ​​the alarm at Mercedes is official. Until now, one had to rely on the body language of the participants in the interpretation of the lap times and the balance of power between Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull or you had to read the answers between the lines. Meanwhile, team boss Toto Wolff admits officially that Ferrari has a faster car. Then he and his technical director James Allison packed the bags and started the journey home. In Brackley and Brixworth the lights will not go out in the next few days.

The official language in the team pushes Ferrari the clear role of favorites: "The picture is slowly building. Ferrari is faster on a lap, more consistent and incredibly reliable. That presents us with a great challenge. We have to fight back. That alone will keep the motivation in the team high. "The new Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto warns:" Mercedes is good at solving problems. If they're behind, they'll catch up quickly. "

Compared to Red Bull one believes oneself in the camp of the series world champion on eye level. Red Bull sees that differently. "We are ahead of Mercedes, and the times of Ferrari do not cause much concern," said Motorsport Director Helmut Marko.
Mercedes prepares Aero package

The gap to Ferrari is currently difficult to quantify. In any case, half a second, but possibly more. "It's hard to read the lap times because everyone seems to be driving a different program this year," the engineers explain. They also say that the distance to a lap is greater than the lap. Right now Ferrari wins everywhere. On the straight and in the curves.

On the track, the Ferrari already visually makes a better figure. "The Mercedes row in the curves more rum than the Ferrari," said Nico Hulkenberg. But even on the straight Ferrari drives away the silver arrows. Whether this is the lower air resistance or a more powerful engine, still needs to be analyzed. Ferrari should have significantly increased the engine over the winter. And the engineering department in Maranello persistently continued its philosophy of the previous year. Efficiency is the key.

At Mercedes, the hopes are now focused on a large aerodynamic package, which should come to the car in the second week of testing. The defending champion expects that even Ferrari ignites a second stage. And Helmut Marko promises: "The car you see here is not the car that will drive in Melbourne."
Wroom wroom

mantikos

Hard to believe they could be off by that much