General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ivanlesk

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

HPD wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 18:51
Adrian Newey almost does not sleep to bring improvements in Australia.
Honda and Exxon Mobil push development hard.

No matter the result of Australia, they are already a team of champions for me.
I thought that this kind of attitude no longer existed in F1..
Just because they said it out loud, doesn't mean that other teams don't do the same...

GhostF1

ChrisF1 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 20:47
HPD wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 18:51
Adrian Newey almost does not sleep to bring improvements in Australia.
Honda and Exxon Mobil push development hard.

No matter the result of Australia, they are already a team of champions for me.
I thought that this kind of attitude no longer existed in F1..
Wow. You actually believe Marko?
Not necessarily, but like myself, he probably believes the words from Honda, Exxon Mobil, and what's the reason to doubt Red Bull announcing they are bring their China GP upgrade forward to Melbourne?

As far as I can see, there has been zero sensationalist claims from Red Bull or Honda for 2019. Marko hopes to win 5 GP's, just one more than last year, which is hardly an unrealistic goal, Horner says the rear end is one of the best packaged units he's seen, which again, it's likely because it's finally a semi-works outfit with input from both sides, if it was roles reversed and Renault were only an engine supplier and creating a works team with RBR, it would probably be a similar outcome. They are probably also not hating the money they've saved in engine costs either..

Exxon, as stated in the article above, are loving the dedicated dyno time Honda provides and they seem to be reaping the benefits even before the season starts.

Honda, with the very little they do share now, is openly critical of themselves and in the typical Japanese mentality, when it is known more can be done, they will never be satisfied, evidenced by the fact STR and RBR are both claiming Honda have more than exceeded their agreed 2019 start targets, yet Tanabe says "We are not 100% happy yet, we know there is a lot of work to do to surpass Mercedes and Ferrari, so until then I cannot say we are can be happy".

So I'm not entirely sure why there is so much shade thrown at the team... They are proving to be realistic, motivational and they seem to be very supportive of each other, which a team needs to be! There is a lot of good pouring out from this partnership and yet there is a lot of hate without much substance is being tossed around here.

Polarit

The only sensible conclusion can be they may match their performance difference to last year to Ferrari or Mercedes? If you're going for more than that I think you're being naive on the oppositions capability.

They could have made up the ground.... they could have done a lot of things. But there's little evidence of it.... so it's clutching a little. Personally I think we'll see teething issues all year with good spells of pace.

What Red Bull do well though is develop and push through the season. If Honda can keep their pace the second part of the season could be interesting but Mercedes will be strong, they always are and Ferrari will be making an effort to keep the pace up after last year.

Wouter

Happy Birthday, Yamamoto San! 🎉 山本さん、誕生日おめでとう!

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

HONDA PODIUM!!!!! GOOOOD JOB MAX!!!!!

Good job to Daniil Kvyat too! Honda double points finish! =D>
Last edited by ispano6 on 17 Mar 2019, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

Singabule

Well done, reliable and drivable all week long

Gibbs

Congratulations to all the hard working men and women of Honda! Your efforts have finally yielded result! =D>

Fulcrum

Hopefully the first of many yet to come.

gandharva

sn809

Congratulations to Honda and all fans here and every where.
Interestingly no Honda logos visible anywhere in the pic above

Capharol

great team effort, congrats Honda on your first podium since 2008 and they're first podium in the v6 era....

@sn809 it's just a picture taken in the moment, or do you think the set a stage with Honda-Logo and all #-o

gandharva

Gosh, this picture is not about the freakin logo... which btw. is on the left side of the chest.

Espresso

sn809 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 12:19
Congratulations to Honda and all fans here and every where.
Interestingly no Honda logos visible anywhere in the pic above
Well just the angle the picture is taken. But none can miss it's also about Honda.
The connection Red Bull & Honda is quite well implanted in people's minds now.

But to elaborate it's subtly placed.
  • Chassis: Honda logo on the nose and on the 'heart of' the engine
  • Suit: Honda Logo on the heart of the team
  • Suit: Red/Silverwhite stripes on the suit
  • Helmet Max: White/red on the helmet to honour (his and his fathers) relation with Honda
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

nsxer

Honda have Toro Rosso and Red Bull on thier shirts. Honda. Image

Odoslané z G8341 pomocou Tapatalku