2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

etusch

Javert wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 21:02
New aero rules worked in allowing closer racing!
Are you sure ?

MtthsMlw

TwanV
TwanV

SmallSoldier wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 21:12
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... c7ca8b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brilliant photo, shows what a couple of flat spots can do. The issue with Ferrari is probably that they have some cooling /reliability issue. Leclerc mentioned fuel issues at the end (ok very likely they were using more fuel when the mgu-k went, nor sure) but what I thought strange was the continuous gap between vet and ves in the last stint. With Ferraris pace they could've gone for p4 on fresh tires but it didn't happen. I think they derated which is a worry, all cars can overstress the engine and run in front, I have a feeling that's what we're seeing. Not to take anything away from Lecler though, perfect performance and a cool head after the race. This season will be excellent, hope RB will sort out the rear end soon for it to be even better.

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

netoperek wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 20:49
haha priceless! Robert said after the race that even his WRC experience was barely enough to keep the car on track :)
Weird strategy from Williams, taking Robert off early when he was faster than George and putting softs on, which they knew are terrible on that car (this particular one, George's car is a bit better in this regard). It looked like they wanted to give Russel a clean space with Robert protecting his back, which kinda worked, as Russel got 20+ uneventful laps because of that.
Anyway upcoming testing will be done on Roberts car, to see what the hell is going on with it.
Sadly, there's nothing to protect Russel's back from. By the way, have the Williams even finished the race yet? :lol:

F1Krof

GrandAxe wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 21:39
Sadly, there's nothing to protect Russel's back from. By the way, have the Williams even finished the race yet? :lol:
Good one :lol:
Wroom wroom

LM10
LM10

As a Ferrari fan, this was a really frustrating race, I must admit.

The SF90 was the best car in Bahrain, both in qualifying and race and Leclerc was the best driver. The combination worked pretty well until that issue appeared.
Vettel was not entirely happy with the car. He told he had already lost rythm in Q2 yesterday. That’s not an excuse for his mistake (yet again), though. He was being just too aggressive instead of waiting and attacking Ham later.
I doubt Vettel would have been faster than Leclerc this weekend anyway. Charles was superb and I’m really happy he’s a Ferrari driver.

Juzh

Artur Craft wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 14:55
Disapointed that there is very little sholder cam available this weekend but totally saw this coming as everybody on youtube was asking for the T-cam on the pole lap. I think I'm one of the very few that prefers the sholder cam as I think it gives a better sensation of speed.
f**k the aka shoulder aka "senna" cam. Even back in 2017 when there was no halo it was hideous, but now it's been taken to a whole different level of gargabe. Why would you want to have your perspective diminished and restriced by 75% is beyond me. I also disagree if offers better senseation of speed, it just doesn't. Masses of people on youtube (as you've pointed out) would agree.

edit: btw, thanks very much again for the onboards, Juzh

zibby43
zibby43

Sulman wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 19:53
Sakhir's a bit of a weird track. Sadly, so is Shanghai, and then er, Azerbaijan.

It's going to be Barcelona before we really know what's going on.
I agree with this 100%.

The performance margin right now between Mercedes and Ferrari is razor thin. Getting your setup slightly wrong could mean the difference between 1st or 2nd row. Failing to get the tires into the right window could mean the difference between 1st or 2nd row.

While the gap is close, on more traditional tracks, racecraft is going to matter. Strategy is going to matter.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

So Hamilton has in no perticular order been all over social media bigging up Leclerc and saying how lucky he was, was giving Leclerc a lovely ‘big brother’ speech after the race, was seen giving an ‘I’m sorry’ wave as he passed him on track, made the point about how well Ferrari and Leclerc had gone all weekend.

I think we can safely say that Hamilton knows the score and was willing to acknowledge it as such. Just calling it as he sees it.

bauc

holeindalip wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 19:06
Leclerc and Norris are the future of this sport, both class acts and haven't put a foot wrong yet.....
Agreed, both look super good for now
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ringo

selvam_e2002 wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 20:41
GoranF1 wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 19:49
Bill_Kar wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 19:38
I can only imagine how Vettel must feel.

-Newcomer Leclerc beats him fair & square
-Race pace was a bit off
-Overtaken by his main rival in spectacular fashion
-Makes a mistake afterwards (maybe not 100% his fault, but still)
-Finishes 5th because of weird front wing complication

Italian media smell blood right now.
Ferrari needs to replace him whit Alonso whit immediate effect.
Indeed. should be replaced with Alonso with Immediate effect.
Its not as simple as that :mrgreen: . Alonso's speed comes with a team devouring political cancer. I think he sucks the air out of a team. He is his own worst enemy. Vettel can be replaced with Riciardo, Perez, Ocon or Hulkenberg. Not as good as Alonso but they wont implode the team and demotivate Charles.
For Sure!!

ringo

Just_a_fan wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 19:35
ringo wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 19:29
hahah,
Vettel is driving angry and he needs to control that. Nothing more than he angrily stepped on the throttle pedal too early. He doesn't have the controlled agression like the great drivers. He needs to work on his head.
He would have fared better easing off the throttle and lining up behind lewis until the car straightens itself and then he would have another go at attacking.
Wow, that's a great impression of an armchair F1 warrior! =D>
Oh, you meant it? :shock:

:lol: :lol:
lol. Yes. Vettel went on throttle too early. Sounds simple but that's what happened. Rookie mistakes from a 4xchamp
For Sure!!

Spacepace

Don't remember exactly what Vettel said but after he spun on the radio he mumbled something about kers deployment. Was wondering if anyone else heard that. Considering how familiar the spun looked to last year in Austin it makes me think they are using an aggressive deployment of kers, something unique

Sulman
Sulman

Restomaniac wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 22:14
So Hamilton has in no perticular order been all over social media bigging up Leclerc and saying how lucky he was, was giving Leclerc a lovely ‘big brother’ speech after the race, was seen giving an ‘I’m sorry’ wave as he passed him on track, made the point about how well Ferrari and Leclerc had gone all weekend.

I think we can safely say that Hamilton knows the score and was willing to acknowledge it as such. Just calling it as he sees it.
It's all about Vettel. Hamilton knows he can deal with Leclerc this year.