2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
etusch

Re: 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 29 - 31

dans79 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 21:13
etusch wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 21:04
strange news at tr motorsport

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... r/4363100/
Can you translate that to English? google translate absolutely murders it.
it looks like a bad april joke :mrgreen:

dans79

Toto is up to his old tricks of putting pressure on his opponents.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14251 ... ior-weapon
"Lewis fought with a weapon that was maybe not on his opponents' level," said Wolff.

"But staying within the DRS helped us stay behind and stay close and that was crucial battle.

"If he hadn't won that battle it would have been Sebastian winning the race, and these are the little differences that can change a race result and can swing championships."

Wolff acknowledged that Ferrari was well ahead of Mercedes in Bahrain, and said his team's reaction to winning reflected the fact that Leclerc deserved to win.
"I would say if they are able to hold the power level - and I don't know what on the engine failed - but if they are able to maintain those power levels in Shanghai on a power-sensitive circuit like that they are the favourites, clearly, because the lap time benefit might be more than in Bahrain," he said.

"In Leclerc I think we are seeing a young champion in the making who is the emotional winner today, the fastest man in the fastest machine."
197 104 103 7

J_Ryder
J_Ryder

Hamilton when overtaking slow Leclerc makes a gesture with his left hand, like an apologetic wave or he is adjusting something on the steering wheel . Not sure though, it can just be seen from the onboard.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

J_Ryder wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 22:11
Hamilton when overtaking slow Leclerc makes a gesture with his left hand, like an apologetic wave or he is adjusting something on the steering wheel . Not sure though, it can just be seen from the onboard.
It’s a wave.

Sparky

Something that stood out to me, yet i've seen it barely discussed was the DRS detection point and added zone. The point was placed at such where often the overtake with help of the previous DRS zone was still happening on the main straight, just not finished. This eventually happened and the overtaker still had a second DRS after T3. Almost all overtaken cars were sitting ducks at that point, and it makes no sense to me that after the previous overtake the overtaker profit from another DRS to run away. This quite killed much defending posibilities and the circuit was really not in need for another DRS.
Afik the DRS is to compensate for the lack of downforce when following another car, how on earth does it makes sense that even when they are not following another car they still profit from this? This effectively made the DRS a free boost rather then a compensation. Perhaps i'm wrong but i feel this killed a lot of defending. I even think if they placed the detection simply between T2 and T3, it would made much more sense as that would mean the defending car would get a fair fight back rather then a free run away for the overtakers?

mzso
mzso

dans79 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 19:21
mzso wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 18:41
Well, instead of world wide conspiracy it might be a mistake as I detailed above. (It might be even a mistake by who added the radio messages by mixing up messages) And many other things.
I Heard it live, so no way can they "mixing up messages"....
You didn't hear it live... It's not broadcast live. It's added to the live broadcast after they decide it's interesting.

dans79

mzso wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 23:11
dans79 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 19:21
mzso wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 18:41
Well, instead of world wide conspiracy it might be a mistake as I detailed above. (It might be even a mistake by who added the radio messages by mixing up messages) And many other things.
I Heard it live, so no way can they "mixing up messages"....
You didn't hear it live... It's not broadcast live. It's added to the live broadcast after they decide it's interesting.
You know exactly what I mean, stop trying to twist it!
197 104 103 7

Maritimer
Maritimer

J_Ryder wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 22:11
He said he waved because he felt bad about passing him that way

mzso
mzso

selvam_e2002 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 20:27
can you name any one who can beat Hamilton?
Leclerc, Verstappen, Vettel, Hülkenberg, Norris, Sainz, Russel. In an equivalent car.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

rogazilla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 18:12
My question is the red light flashing means the car is unsafe to be touched. Does it take team a long time to remote shutting it down? What if this happened say at lap 3 and the car is stopped. How many safety car laps are we going to see or expect to see before marshal can touch the car and move it out of the way? Maybe some kind of grounding device the marshal can use? This situation bothers me, because that means the driver was put in a place where he could be electrocuted before able to make his way out of the car!
"Does it take team a long time to remote shutting it down?". rules doesn't permit teams to remotely do that or anything else to the car for that matter.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

mzso wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 23:26
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Leclerc, Verstappen, Vettel, Hülkenberg, Norris, Sainz, Russel. In an equivalent car.
And you call other people deranged. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Mattchu

Are you drunk?

iotar__

mzso wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 23:26
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Using longer hypothetical period and some other variables (cars: midfield or top, outside competition and so on) I disagree (Ver, Vet, Hulk, Sai), have doubts or/and not enough data (Lec and the rest) about every single example but that does not matter.

The question is how you came to the conclusion about Russel or Norris :? :shock: [-o< :wink: . I think waiting a bit wouldn't hurt.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Max : I have Honda engine now, Renault can no longer ruin my podium opportunities.

Renault : Hold my beer.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Sparky wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 22:48
Something that stood out to me, yet i've seen it barely discussed was the DRS detection point and added zone. The point was placed at such where often the overtake with help of the previous DRS zone was still happening on the main straight, just not finished. This eventually happened and the overtaker still had a second DRS after T3. Almost all overtaken cars were sitting ducks at that point, and it makes no sense to me that after the previous overtake the overtaker profit from another DRS to run away. This quite killed much defending posibilities and the circuit was really not in need for another DRS.
Afik the DRS is to compensate for the lack of downforce when following another car, how on earth does it makes sense that even when they are not following another car they still profit from this? This effectively made the DRS a free boost rather then a compensation. Perhaps i'm wrong but i feel this killed a lot of defending. I even think if they placed the detection simply between T2 and T3, it would made much more sense as that would mean the defending car would get a fair fight back rather then a free run away for the overtakers?

I disagree. DRS worked great in this race. I like it. Faster cars are not stuck.