General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Capharol

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

mzso wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 00:28
Capharol wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 20:06
I always say .. if two are argueing/fighting both are to blame..... how much the one or the other is to blame, nobody can really tell
Well, only McLaren was arguing and complaining all the time. Honda kept increasingly silent. (Even before that only made bold claims)

PS: you messed up the quotes.
True on both occasions, as a matter of fact we only heard Alonso complaining and ranting over the radio :lol: :wink:

(does it matter? but i corrected it :D )

bigblue

deleted

voice_of_reason

Pour old Fernando was certainly frustrated with Honda (by the way, Di Montezemolo said a few things about Fernando recently) ... but RBR are not doing too badly with the Honda power unit so far.

seezung

Honda engine upgrade coming in Baku?

Rumoured to deliver 20 additional horses. 2 Dutch sites currently confirming;

https://www.f1maximaal.nl/nieuws/formul ... erbeidzjan

https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/35006/ ... baku-.html

Capharol

here aswell the source wrote it off of a dutch newspaper whom isn't normally that well informed about F1

Bill

Honda executives in Australia promised power increase soon

Marti_EF3

Could be changing some non-penalty hardware and a fuel update from Mobil-Esso??

Snorked

Didn't Yamamoto mention in Bahrain that the power map would be changing with each race, and that we wouldn't see the full ability until fifth race?

I don't think it's fuel, Tanabe said he would like to have fuel updates when they introduce new engine specification, as this was something that didn't happen last season. And Marko said engine upgrade in Monaco according to blick.ch.

So, squeeze out the last bit of performance from current PU over the next two races, then a meaty power injection from new specs of engine, fuel and oil. My dream would be to see Honda taking 1-4 in Monaco :mrgreen: =D>

etusch

Snorked wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 16:46
Didn't Yamamoto mention in Bahrain that the power map would be changing with each race, and that we wouldn't see the full ability until fifth race?

I don't think it's fuel, Tanabe said he would like to have fuel updates when they introduce new engine specification, as this was something that didn't happen last season. And Marko said engine upgrade in Monaco according to blick.ch.

So, squeeze out the last bit of performance from current PU over the next two races, then a meaty power injection from new specs of engine, fuel and oil. My dream would be to see Honda taking 1-4 in Monaco :mrgreen: =D>
That is something we can not help to stop thinking. Monaco lock up.

Sieper

Haha, so optimistic. I don’t think that even RBR will make it to the top this year, but I hope it!

mzso

Snorked wrote:
My dream would be to see Honda taking 1-4 in Monaco :mrgreen: =D>
etusch wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 17:28
That's quite the dream. Seeing as RB is weaker than it was last year and Toro was never good enough to be the second fastest car on any track.

If you guys are so optimistic about the Honda power increase rumors why not dream about a 1-4 in Monza or Spa?

etusch

mzso wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:15
Snorked wrote:
etusch wrote:
That's quite the dream. Seeing as RB is weaker than it was last year and Toro was never good enough to be the second fastest car on any track.

If you guys are so optimistic about the Honda power increase rumors why not dream about a 1-4 in Monza or Spa?
It is obvious that Honda is in better condition. Redbull is not fully optimised yet. But still a good chassis. Toro Rosso uses last years chassis. So one is potential winner this year and other is almost same with last years winner. It is a possiblity with best weekend for both team.

Stef

mzso wrote:
Snorked wrote:
etusch wrote:

This is the dream, to win it all. This year is a bit early, i reckon

dren

etusch wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 11:00
mzso wrote:
Snorked wrote:
etusch wrote:

It is obvious that Honda is in better condition. Redbull is not fully optimised yet. But still a good chassis. Toro Rosso uses last years chassis. So one is potential winner this year and other is almost same with last years winner. It is a possiblity with best weekend for both team.
STR does not use RB's 2018 chassis. They are using RB's 2018 gear box with some 2019 bits in it as well.
Honda!

PhillipM

3 races in and Horner is pointing fingers at the engine already I see.
Maybe he ought to take a slice of the humble pie that they were laughing about Mclaren needing...