General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Capharol

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Post by Capharol » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:17 pm

dtro wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Snorked wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:00 am
dxpetrov wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:33 am

I don't think they used the race engine for the tests.
Yes, but still a good amount of laps in the baking heat, all I read on various forum before the season began was that Newey's packaging when they went to the hotter climates would be blowing up the Honda left and right, but so far they are the ones who haven't had any issues, long may it continue.
Knock on wood. My friend and I have some heated debates about Honda's performance, and I'm of the mind that things are looking fairly good from what we've seen. Always room for improvement, but RB's success is making McLaren's stint with Honda look even worse somehow.
not it hasn't because as Honda started again with McLaren, the egnine was terrible..... but it wasn't all Honda's fault either.

RB is baring the fruits of the learning process Honda has gone through in the last few years
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

mzso

Post by mzso » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:57 pm

dtro wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Always room for improvement, but RB's success is making McLaren's stint with Honda look even worse somehow.
It makes McLaren look even worse in my eyes. It seems obvious that McLaren was a hindrance to development instead of an aid as RBT is.
Capharol wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:17 pm
RB is baring the fruits of the learning process Honda has gone through in the last few years
I don't think Honda would be near the current state if they stayed with McLaren. There's a reason they were happy to run away from them...

Capharol

Post by Capharol » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 pm

mzso wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:57 pm
Capharol wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:17 pm
I don't think Honda would be near the current state if they stayed with McLaren. There's a reason they were happy to run away from them...
could be possible, but we can't really tell can we?
I always say .. if two are argueing/fighting both are to blame..... how much the one or the other is to blame, nobody can really tell
Last edited by Capharol on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

mzso

Post by mzso » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:28 pm

Capharol wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 pm
I always say .. if two are argueing/fighting both are to blame..... how much the one or the other is to blame, nobody can really tell
Well, only McLaren was arguing and complaining all the time. Honda kept increasingly silent. (Even before that only made bold claims)

PS: you messed up the quotes.

Capharol

Post by Capharol » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:00 am

mzso wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:28 pm
Capharol wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 pm
Well, only McLaren was arguing and complaining all the time. Honda kept increasingly silent. (Even before that only made bold claims)

PS: you messed up the quotes.
True on both occasions, as a matter of fact we only heard Alonso complaining and ranting over the radio :lol: :wink:

(does it matter? but i corrected it :D )

bigblue

Post by bigblue » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:29 am

deleted

voice_of_reason

Post by voice_of_reason » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Pour old Fernando was certainly frustrated with Honda (by the way, Di Montezemolo said a few things about Fernando recently) ... but RBR are not doing too badly with the Honda power unit so far.

seezung

Post by seezung » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:19 am

Honda engine upgrade coming in Baku?

Rumoured to deliver 20 additional horses. 2 Dutch sites currently confirming;

https://www.f1maximaal.nl/nieuws/formul ... erbeidzjan

https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/35006/ ... baku-.html

Capharol

Post by Capharol » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:02 am

here aswell the source wrote it off of a dutch newspaper whom isn't normally that well informed about F1

Bill

Post by Bill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:37 am

Honda executives in Australia promised power increase soon

Marti_EF3

Post by Marti_EF3 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am

Could be changing some non-penalty hardware and a fuel update from Mobil-Esso??

Snorked

Post by Snorked » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Didn't Yamamoto mention in Bahrain that the power map would be changing with each race, and that we wouldn't see the full ability until fifth race?

I don't think it's fuel, Tanabe said he would like to have fuel updates when they introduce new engine specification, as this was something that didn't happen last season. And Marko said engine upgrade in Monaco according to blick.ch.

So, squeeze out the last bit of performance from current PU over the next two races, then a meaty power injection from new specs of engine, fuel and oil. My dream would be to see Honda taking 1-4 in Monaco :mrgreen: =D>

etusch

Post by etusch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Snorked wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:46 pm
Didn't Yamamoto mention in Bahrain that the power map would be changing with each race, and that we wouldn't see the full ability until fifth race?

I don't think it's fuel, Tanabe said he would like to have fuel updates when they introduce new engine specification, as this was something that didn't happen last season. And Marko said engine upgrade in Monaco according to blick.ch.

So, squeeze out the last bit of performance from current PU over the next two races, then a meaty power injection from new specs of engine, fuel and oil. My dream would be to see Honda taking 1-4 in Monaco :mrgreen: =D>
That is something we can not help to stop thinking. Monaco lock up.

Sieper

Post by Sieper » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Haha, so optimistic. I don’t think that even RBR will make it to the top this year, but I hope it!

mzso

Post by mzso » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:15 am

Snorked wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:46 pm
My dream would be to see Honda taking 1-4 in Monaco :mrgreen: =D>
etusch wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:28 pm
That is something we can not help to stop thinking. Monaco lock up.
That's quite the dream. Seeing as RB is weaker than it was last year and Toro was never good enough to be the second fastest car on any track.

If you guys are so optimistic about the Honda power increase rumors why not dream about a 1-4 in Monza or Spa?