2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marmer

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

LM10 wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 23:15
Verstappen will surely not go to Mercedes as long as Hamilton is the clear number 1. Having a number 2 driver is a much better thing to win both championships. Verstappen would not obey any team rules and fight Hamilton to his absolute limit.
Verstappans ego is big enough that we believes he is better than Hamilton. Regardless of the truth either way he would jump at the chance to drive a championship winning car he doesn't care who he is up against

Ground Effect

I think the only reason or way for Toto to actively chase Max is if he knows Lewis won't be racing by 2020. I find it hard to believe Mercedes would put both characters in the same team, after Lewis and Nico. Definitely Max is strong enough to lead a team as he is showing, so if Lewis plans to leave, it would actually be pretty stupid of Mercedes not to at least try and get Max.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GPR-A

LM10 wrote:
Verstappen will surely not go to Mercedes as long as Hamilton is the clear number 1. Having a number 2 driver is a much better thing to win both championships. Verstappen would not obey any team rules and fight Hamilton to his absolute limit.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... a-One-news

MAX VERSTAPPEN says he would only join Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes or Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari if he had no other options.
“When I think of my own career, it is not convenient to sit next to Hamilton or Vettel right now,” Verstappen said.

“Although I would absolutely do it if I had no other choice.

“I believe that with Red Bull I can also become champion, as long as we have the right package together.”
Link -> F1 news: Max Verstappen fires 2020 warning to Red Bull - Christian Horner will be worried
PUBLISHED: 00:26, Thu, Dec 6, 2018 | UPDATED: 01:00, Thu, Dec 6, 2018 wrote:"There is always a plan B," Verstappen added, when asked what will happen if the plan of winning the F1 title in 2020 does not work out.

Ground Effect

GPR -A wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 08:17
LM10 wrote:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... a-One-news

MAX VERSTAPPEN says he would only join Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes or Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari if he had no other options.
“When I think of my own career, it is not convenient to sit next to Hamilton or Vettel right now,” Verstappen said.

“Although I would absolutely do it if I had no other choice.

“I believe that with Red Bull I can also become champion, as long as we have the right package together.”
Link -> F1 news: Max Verstappen fires 2020 warning to Red Bull - Christian Horner will be worried
PUBLISHED: 00:26, Thu, Dec 6, 2018 | UPDATED: 01:00, Thu, Dec 6, 2018 wrote:"There is always a plan B," Verstappen added, when asked what will happen if the plan of winning the F1 title in 2020 does not work out.
Unfortunately, it's not only about what Max wants. I doubt if Lewis or Sebastian would want Max besides them, though Ferrari is more unlikely now that they've got LeClerc
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

NL_Fer

If Ross is doing his homework, the 2021 cars will be more equal in performance and less power sensitive. It would not be a logical to move if 2020 fails.

Phil

Any of the big teams would be fools not to entertain the idea of having Max in their team. Having talks, negotiating, it’s all part of the game. However that doesnt mean he will be signed (see Alonso).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Ground Effect

NL_Fer wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 10:15
If Ross is doing his homework, the 2021 cars will be more equal in performance and less power sensitive. It would not be a logical to move if 2020 fails.
But I guess if one was a betting man, you'd put money on Mercedes, they've dominated for the last 5 seasons, even through an unprecedented aero rules overhaul. If they win again this year, even with the change of rules, the smart money will be with on them for 2021.

etusch

Ground Effect wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 10:30
NL_Fer wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 10:15
But I guess if one was a betting man, you'd put money on Mercedes, they've dominated for the last 5 seasons, even through an unprecedented aero rules overhaul. If they win again this year, even with the change of rules, the smart money will be with on them for 2021.
It is too early to talk about that.
Mercedes's success is not coming from just engine power and because of that They beat Ferrari last season and probably this season will end same way. But I think from point of Honda Redbull view, it will change after some point of this season.

NL_Fer

Mercedes is just marginaly better than Ferrari or Redbull. It was down to reliablity and Vettel’s mistakes.

I think 2021 will be pretty equal, maybe McLaren can come back to the top, too.

Big Tea

Ground Effect wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 07:56
I think the only reason or way for Toto to actively chase Max is if he knows Lewis won't be racing by 2020. I find it hard to believe Mercedes would put both characters in the same team, after Lewis and Nico. Definitely Max is strong enough to lead a team as he is showing, so if Lewis plans to leave, it would actually be pretty stupid of Mercedes not to at least try and get Max.
Should that maybe "knows Lewis won't be racing For Mercedes by 2020"?

TBH, I think he would be foolish to go to another team, but I said the same when he left Mclaren
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ispano6

Red Bull says it approved of Max Verstappen's decision to swap helmet supplier to Schuberth despite its RB15 2019 Formula 1 car being created around an Arai design.

Changes to the safety standards of F1 helmets this year - designed to provide extra protection for the forehead area - left a number of suppliers in a race against time to get official homologation before the start of the season.

One of the drivers affected was Verstappen, as his previous supplier Arai had not managed to get all its helmet sizes signed off for race use prior to the start of pre-season testing.

During the Barcelona running, Verstappen found that the only approved Arai version was too small for him and he felt very uncomfortable in the car as a result.

He subsequently tried a Schuberth helmet and later did a deal to switch to the German manufacturer for the 2019 season.

The Schuberth helmet has a different shape to the Arai, so the change has an aerodynamic influence over Verstappen's car, but that result is something that Red Bull has accepted.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko told Autosport that: "The Arai helmet was used as basis for our car concept.

"We've had a contract with Arai for many years, and not only for the drivers at Red Bull Racing, but also for the mechanics, for Toro Rosso, for our junior team.

"But Verstappen had problems with the Arai helmet [in testing]. It didn't fit and he didn't see properly. He felt extremely uncomfortable.

"If a driver feels uncomfortable with his helmet, it's not wise to force something on him.

"At the time we had to decide, it wasn't clear whether Arai would manage the homologation. So, we made that decision."

It is understood that Verstappen is now committed to using the Schuberth helmet for the remainder of the year.

McMika98

Max has a history with Ocon. No way will Toto be able to broken a piece. If you thought Perez and Ocon had few coming together, then these two would wipe each other out 9 out of 10 races.

NL_Fer

Maybe Ocon is not wdc material afterall

etusch

Marti_EF3

Re: Red Bull RB15

RBR says that Max changing helmet brand to schubert will have some impact on the aero. That's true? If it's minimal...