2019 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 12-14

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
FrukostScones

Re: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 12-14

VER ruins it himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZa3vhwkRHc

"trying to be nice..." more like trying to get them deleted. (partially sucessfull) :mrgreen:

or did VER have a prob with the car? pushed the wrong button in anger about VET overtaking him (or already before?)....
then maybe it was all VET fault maybe... anyway... the others just can't wait to have the clock run down... like poor GASly.
Last edited by FrukostScones on 13 Apr 2019, 09:49, edited 2 times in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ferkan

So Ferrari was still up 7kph on main straight while matching Merc in S1 and S2, before losing it all in last 2 corners. Wondering if its the tires or what...

atanatizante

mclaren113 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:28
atanatizante wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:24
1. Track temp was decreasing from 35 to 32 degrees Celsius which played in Ferraris' hands
2. Max didn`t do his final hot lap for being stopped by the driver's train created by Lewis ... he said that robbed him the 3rd place on the grid, so just 2 tenths behind Merc ... not bad at all ...
3. Seems that over time in his career each time Lewis has had a perfect car was beaten by his team colleague ... he prevailed only when he hasn`t had a perfect car, something like M.Schumacher, Senna, Alonso did in the past ...
It looks like you're a Hamilton hater 😁 it's not Hamilton's fault that RBR released their cars so late..and max was so slow that's why everyone was overtaking him. It's only the 3rd race of the season and you assumed he was beaten by his teammate 😁
Your assumption is wrong! I just wanted to point out what a skilful driver he is, which is a trademark for the greatest drivers in F1, that`s why I like him ...
Now regarding Max situation, it was just a simple fact and not intended to bash him ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

mclaren113

GrandAxe wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:37
mclaren113 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:30
GrandAxe wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:28

This is surely impossible, I think you are making a mistake.
Last year's qualifying vettel on pole 31.0
Fastest Mercedes 31.6
Fastest RBR 31.7
Ah, I see. I thought you meant Ferrari was 0.8 sec slower than last year, while Merc (0.3 sec ahead of Ferrari) were faster than last year.
Yess ferrari is slower than last year's pole by 0.8 sec and mercedes is faster than last year's fastest Mercedes by 0.1 sec

LM10

atanatizante wrote:
1. Track temp was decreasing from 35 to 32 degrees Celsius which played in Ferraris' hands
Maybe you should stop assuming stuff you can't really prove. Your guess is that Mercedes is better when it's warm, but Bahrain's track was the warmest of all we've seen until now. Ferrari didn't have any problems there. Melbourne was a big anomaly because Ferrari had other significant issues.
In China you claim the cooling track played in hands of Ferrari. What's your proof other than completely guessing it?

Bahrain was warmer than China and Ferrari was more dominant there. If any, this would show that they were more comfortable when it was warm. Your points don't make sense. We still don't know which temperatures suit each teams.

DutchDopey

FrukostScones wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:39
VER ruins it himself:

"trying to be nice..." more like trying to get them deleted. (partially sucessfull) :mrgreen:

or did VER have a prob with the car? pushed the wrong button in anger about VET overtaking him (or already before?)....
then maybe it was all VET fault maybe... anyway... the others just can't wait to have the clock run down... like poor GASly.
No, I think it is Horner's fault. Max was passed by the Ferraris and thought it was over ("We are finished right?") and Horner said "Yes we are done". But he was passed after that by the Renaults who still made a lap...

Sparky

FrukostScones wrote:
VER ruins it himself:

VER was waiting for Leclerc to put the throttle, once it was his turn, Vettel popped up there. He had to back off not to crash. T16 was already compromised, and his final run was thereby done even if he got in time for the flag. Getting in time for the flag was not relevant anymore.

Artur Craft

RB is on Ferrari's pace, it just needed a second lap. I bet the car is quicker on all corners but slower on the straights

etusch

First sentence is meaningfull(if race didn't go well for Gasly)
https://twitter.com/redbullracing/statu ... 2815134720

Schuttelberg

I don't know if it will ever happen, but a Vettel-Verstappen duel for the title has all the ingredients and layers already built in for a mega showdown. The sheer drama and theatre would be priceless!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

DutchDopey wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:54
FrukostScones wrote:
VER ruins it himself:

No, I think it is Horner's fault. Max was passed by the Ferraris and thought it was over ("We are finished right?") and Horner said "Yes we are done". But he was passed after that by the Renaults who still made a lap...
I think that was his race engineer Gianpiero Lambiase.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

atanatizante

LM10 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:51
atanatizante wrote:
Maybe you should stop assuming stuff you can't really prove. Your guess is that Mercedes is better when it's warm, but Bahrain's track was the warmest of all we've seen until now. Ferrari didn't have any problems there. Melbourne was a big anomaly because Ferrari had other significant issues.
In China you claim the cooling track played in hands of Ferrari. What's your proof other than completely guessing it?

Bahrain was warmer than China and Ferrari was more dominant there. If any, this would show that they were more comfortable when it was warm. Your points don't make sense. We still don't know which temperatures suit each team.
Here in Q3 Ferrari was gaining the most time between Q2 and Q3

Now regarding my assumptions why Ferrari likes cooler tracks, I posted my arguments here: viewtopic.php?p=828131#p828131

For your info, in Bahrein Ferrari was fastest both in FP2, qualy and the race when there were some 28 degrees Celsius

But as you said maybe I`m wrong and it`s just my F1 fan poor analysis ... :)
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

zibby43

LM10 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:51
atanatizante wrote:

Bahrain was warmer than China and Ferrari was more dominant there. If any, this would show that they were more comfortable when it was warm. Your points don't make sense. We still don't know which temperatures suit each teams.
In terms of track temperature, it was much cooler in Bahrain than it was Melbourne (a difference of 16 C).

And because Bahrain was a night race, the track surface temperature continued to decrease after the sunset.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1112364367318790144

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1107137986792251393

DutchDopey

Schuttelberg wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 10:02
DutchDopey wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
VER ruins it himself:

Ah that could be, my mistake.

Schuttelberg

DutchDopey wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 10:06
Schuttelberg wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 10:02
DutchDopey wrote:

Ah that could be, my mistake.
The thing is, Max couldn't have immediately bolted on the throttle once Seb passed him because he needed to avoid his dirty air to make any sort of lap time gain. In the process, the Renault drivers passed him as well.

It's not imparting blame, but Lewis had bunched up the field so much that there was always going to be a rush to make it in time to the end. Max here is just being a bit petulant about the situation. He would have done the exact same thing. Seb and the Renault's barely made their laps happen, so he needs to realise that the team put him in that situation where it all got a bit too tight as they didn't account for Lewis bunching up the pack.